Ares Amoeba Honey Badger

Caliber

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Redwolf Airsoft got a sneak peek the Ares Honey Badger. Looks nice. Don't know when it'll be officially released, all I've seen is this image so far. Nothing comes up on Google yet about this one in particular either so it definately is a sneak peek.

10497080_10152485476548950_6344554395721

UPDATE

Redwolf have started pre-orders at £148. Link below.

http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/AEG_AEP_ARES_ARES_Amoeba_AM_013_DE.htm

Cant decide if I like the look of honey badgers or not, looks kind of skinny. Doesn't help that the way he's holding it is just plain daft for an airsoft gun.

The advantage of that rail is, you can change the arrangement of those panels to suit your taste, for example, I would move the front sight as far forward as possible, and probably ditch the underside rail and put one of the handstops about mid way along the underside.

It's a method for real steel AR shooters in 'Murica to adopt that hold as it reduces recoil. Because of this it's become a sort of fashion among airsofters, where that hold is impractical.

Anyway I like the look of the RIS system, I find tubular RIS systems really good looking- if only the MadBull ones weren't so damned expensive!

doesn't really bear that much resemblance to the AAC honey badger, admittedly they've improved upon the design (in my opinion at least) by making the top rail modular, but if you're gonna call it a honey badger... at least get it right!

Not strictly true -

And anyway, its only the airsoft community that have dubbed it as a honey badger, Ares are steering well clear of that cluster...

• Supporters

Definitely true, the handguard is wrong. The cutouts are in the wrong position and the 12 o'clock rail should moulded in as a single part.

Ares also seem to have added a serration to the front of the magwell for no good reason.

With a gun that has that many high quality and high resolution pictures available there's not really much excuse for getting fundamental details like that wrong.

There's no such thing as 'close enough' as far as I'm concerned (barring technical issues like AEG grip widths). It's either a replica or it's not, this is not a replica of the AAC honey badger, it's a close approximation.

I've been looking at customising an M4 to look like a honey badger for a while now. This will probably be significantly cheaper. But it is Ares. I assume that the body will be of high quality, but the internals will almost definitely be made of plasticene, so I would (after skirmishing with it out of the box for a bit) change out all of the innards for some higher quality stuff.

Any new on a release date or pricing yet?

I've been looking at customising an M4 to look like a honey badger for a while now. This will probably be significantly cheaper. But it is Ares. I assume that the body will be of high quality, but the internals will almost definitely be made of plasticene, so I would (after skirmishing with it out of the box for a bit) change out all of the innards for some higher quality stuff.

Any new on a release date or pricing yet?

My supplier has only given me a vague "sometime next month" and no specific pricing, but if it follows the current curve with the other Amoeba's it will be between £180 and £250, wholly dependent on whether it comes with the programming doohickey.

Not bad, TBH i would prefer if they kept the fps sub 340, so it could be useable OOTB unlike the other amoebas that come with an fps of 400 i believe

Not bad, TBH i would prefer if they kept the fps sub 340, so it could be useable OOTB unlike the other amoebas that come with an fps of 400 i believe

Not that it matters; All of the Amoeba's have a quick change spring arrangement on the gearbox. Its merely a case of removing the stock to access it.

It looks pretty cool, I watched the video last night, hope the fps will be slightly higher though, even 300 would be fine.

Makes a little change from seeing the same old guns over!

• 4 weeks later...
  • Supporters

I hate the way you hold them with your hand right at the top/end of the barrel .. its looks so unnatural and wrong . :/ might just be me.

You don't have to hold them that way though. Unless you're actually Chris Costa. Then it's the law.

Yeah..i see it alot in american airsoft video's..they just have to Specialz and hold it in such a way to be awkward..get a grip job done

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.