Complete Noob Looking For Some Advice!

Donald1800

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey guys, and thanks for taking the time to read this. I've airsofted once or twice but I'm now looking to get into it properly. What I'm looking for is some advice about what's the best guns to start me out. Now I'm going to be airsofting on rentals for the next couple of months till I get my ukara sorted out but after that I'm going to be looking into buying my own gear. I've read articles on the subject etc but I'm unsure on what would be the best. Some articles claim that AEG guns are the best and some say don't touch them. Others then say it's all about preference and others don't even recommend buying GBB guns. I realise its all based around budget so I will say that budget isn't too much of an issue and by that I mean I don't mind spending that little extra on the better lasting quality if that makes sense. Personally I've only ever used GBB guns so I cant comment on AEG guns. I'm looking at getting a good reliable pistol and primary. I'm open to all suggestions. Not playing sniper or anything like that though simply because my arena isn't all that great for sniping it's a cqb/medium range sort of place. I appreciate any and all replies :D!

For the use you'll get out of them, I wouldn't recommend a pistol straight away. I'd say put the money you could spend on a pistol towards the gun or on gear / footwear / eye pro. After that, some extra magazines are a useful buy.

G&G Combat Machines are great for beginners, as Monty said. Zero One or Pro Airsoft Supplies are the best place to get one. PAS actually sell a transparent version which is VCRA compliant so you don't need a UKARA defence to buy one. You said you have a good budget, in which case there isn't one go-to gun I can recommend straight away, since you have so much choice when you have more to spend. G&G / TM are good brands that you can't go wrong with though.

Using a gas rifle as a beginner isn't recommended. They require a lot of maintenance and magazines are very expensive. Sure, gas is fun and realistic, but you have a limited magazine capacity, they're affected by the cold more, costs more to run etc

. Pistols aren't going to have brilliant range or anything hence why it's wise to get a long gun first, but they might be more of a viable option to buy first if you're only playing CQC and really want one.

I also agree with the pistols bit. I'm getting one myself (a WE Glock) WE's older guns weren't brilliant but the latest ones are good. Marui though are brilliant and widely considered the best you can get. Quality and performance is second to none.

If you could give us an idea of what your maximum budget is (including batteries, charger, etc.) then it would be easier to give you some recommendations. As the others have said - the G&G Combat Machine is a great budget rifle but if you have more to spend then obviously your options increase as does the longevity/quality of the rifle. If the £150 mark is your ideal limit then the ICS Sportline M4 is the budget rifle I'd recommend personally as it's just as good as the G&G and can be brought quite cheaply.

The main thing is to find a style of rifle you like (e.g. M4, AK, AUG, G36C, etc.) and then go from there.

By the way, welcome to the forum :)

My first AEG was the transparent G&G cm16 from pro airsoft supplies. I purchased it with a 7.4v lipo and charger all for around £150. Was a very solid gun and i never had any issues with it. I couldnt reccomend it enough, and with the lipo it had very nice trigger response.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.