WE f226 holsters?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys,

the family airsoft arsenal recently got a new addition of a WE f226, i was just wondering if anyone had any info on holsters, we where thinking a sperpa holster as that's what we use for all other pistols, but as it is WE and it isnt the usual p226 shape as the top slide is a bit smaller at the front, will it fit in a p226 serpa holster?

Thanks for any help :)

I just watched a youtube video a few hours ago comparing the different P226's and they said that it does not fit in a P226 molded holster. It wasn't a serpa but I suspect its fair to say it probably wont fit in that either. The We might be there in weight and metal but dimension wise its a bit different to the real gun. The TM did fit the P226 holster but also had the worst blow back.

I had a WE 226 for a while before I dropped it into a waterlogged ditch and it was never seen again. However I can confirm 100% it won't fit in a SERPA.

I had a WE 226 for a while before I dropped it into a waterlogged ditch and it was never seen again. However I can confirm 100% it won't fit in a SERPA.

what about with some filing to the serpa on the inside?

• Supporters

Helmet world do them

Helmet World do Serpa-likes for a 226, doesn't mean a WE F226 will fit them...

You'd have to do some serious filing, more like dremelling to get it to fit. Better to get a side-armor holster or one that isn't made of plastic.

You'd have to do some serious filing, more like dremelling to get it to fit. Better to get a side-armor holster or one that isn't made of plastic.

i cant stand non molded holsters? apparently it is an f229 according to the side of it, if any company makes holsters for it?

• Supporters

i cant stand non molded holsters? apparently it is an f229 according to the side of it, if any company makes holsters for it?

You could try a Fobus. I think they might be a little more adjustable.

Helmet World do Serpa-likes for a 226, doesn't mean a WE F226 will fit them...

Ya they work good i have brought one from them mate fit perfect

I've got a we SIG 226 and got a serpa drop leg replica from China off eBay......it was a little tight at first but with a dash of silicon lubricant and an evenings gaming,it fits like a glove☺

• 3 years later...

I got a CQC Serpa for my WE F226 and like people say it didn't fit properly - however....I put mine in the oven (just the holster - I removed the carrier etc). for about 10 mins. I think I started at a lowish temp and didn't work but I increased the temp by 10 degrees and tried again. I think the third go softened the plastic enough without melting anything, just enought to allow me for force the gun to seat properly after which I let it cool in position (though I seated/pulled it out a few times straight away to ensure it didn't stick.

I "think" the final temperature was 120-140 degrees - but do so with caution and at your own risk. It now works great thoughoug

5 minutes ago, gmangnall said:

I got a CQC Serpa for my WE F226 and like people say it didn't fit properly - however....I put mine in the oven (just the holster - I removed the carrier etc). for about 10 mins. I think I started at a lowish temp and didn't work but I increased the temp by 10 degrees and tried again. I think the third go softened the plastic enough without melting anything, just enought to allow me for force the gun to seat properly after which I let it cool in position (though I seated/pulled it out a few times straight away to ensure it didn't stick.

I "think" the final temperature was 120-140 degrees - but do so with caution and at your own risk. It now works great thoughoug

I know some players just do this with boiling water, although I don't know how easy it is to do lol. But its an alternative way.

I have a WE F226R that I use with one of two holsters - a Safariland GLS, and the serpa-style Nuprol F226 Series holster. I had to file down the catch a tiny bit on the nuprol, and the GLS is the Wide Long size and it fits and holds just fine.

On 14/07/2014 at 6:51 PM, CES_williamson said:

ooh where do i get one made?

Trouble with the custom kydex ones is they're not built for active retention and aren't good at keeping a heavy gun like a WE 226 from falling out while crouching and running.

Guest scalawag

The P229 & P228 are a compact version, and not the same as the P226.  

There are also dimensional differences in the WE versions of these guns which mean that the P228/9s need different retention holster to the P226.

I have 2 WE P226's the R and the E2.  They will not fit into genuine serpa holsters without something like the heat treatment or dremeling suggested earlier.  They do fit in the serpa style holsters from Helmet World perfectly and the screw holes on these do match up with genuine serpa accessories like the quick detach system etc.

I also have a WE P228, which I think is more similar to the P229 than the P226 is.  My WE P228 does fit in a genuine serpa, but there are different serpa holsters for the P226 and P228.  Blackhawk only make the P228 serpa holster in black as far as I know.  

The WE P228 like the WE P226 will not fit in a genuine serpa P226 holster either it only fits in the genuine serpa made for the P228.  A WE P228 will also be a very loose fit in the P226 holsters from Helmet World. it will be secure, but it will wobble and rattle a bit.

Archived