Protective T-shirts

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I was using the WAS plate carrier for a few months but as I played a lot of CQB I found it be to very bulky. I already use a molle belt so I've decided to just try run with the belt alone. The set up is almost finished but what I worry about is the Mrs. moaning that my back and stomach are full of welts.

What I'm looking for is a T-shirt that has some sort of padding in it, just something to take a bit of the impact. I've looked around google but I'm struggling, the best I can see is this;

7k-t-shirt-de-protection-maillots-protec

The only problem is it's 60€, I'm not willing to pay that for a T-shirt. Does anyone else have any other ideas?

• Supporters

It's not about the pain, it's about being able to walk down the beach in Ibiza without a shirt and not looking like you've got hives. ^_^

Ibiza? Ponce.

I jest of course, but how about you just don't go the week before you go on holiday?

Ibiza? Ponce.

I jest of course, but how about you just don't go the week before you go on holiday?

Naaah.

I've just got back from Marbella, If I didn't play just before a holiday I'd never play at all.

I think the welts look very manly, so much so that just before a holiday I ensure that I charge towards the enemies support gunner on purpose just to get myself a tone of them. Scars and brushes make you look badass and the ladies love them (OK no they don't). Hopefully one of those padded shirts will suit you, otherwise just really thick clothes like a rugby shirt are going to help quite a bit. There is an enormous difference between double polycotton and the spandex/elasticated bit on a UBACs in terms of welts produced through it so you don't have to go much thicker to really reduce it.

You can also play a little less aggressively, stay back a bit and get shot from further away. BBs loose a lot of power over distance and 10 metres in the difference between a welt and nothing.

Was playing cqb last weekend and noticed a 7 year old (accompanied by his dad) getting peppered all day with only a facemask for protection and stabdard tshirt! I repeat.... He was SEVEN!

As for welts or any form of war induced scar, I can't think of any warm blooded woman who DOESNT find that attractive in a man! I hope she doesn't get you to wax your chest and pluck your eyebrows lol

#ManTheF**kUpBruh

That'd look good with a riot shield and a Cactus Hobbies Persian mask.

In fact... hmm...

That would more than likely compound the issue at hand, they are god awful uncomfortable to wear (or at least the MTB ones are)

I worry about is the Mrs. moaning that my back and stomach are full of welts.

How are you getting shot in the back? Stop running away you coward :D

article-cottonwool2-420x0.jpg

rather than padded clothing, just wear baggy clothing, something like a big girls blouse should do the job :)

Seriously though, consider a leather jacket. That way you can pretend you're wearing it to look cool. Denim will also work to a certain extent. You just want heavy fabric to take the energy out of the hits.

You never see WW2 airsofters moaning about welts, this is due to the fact we wear Denim, heavy wool etc. We moan about how frickin hot we get.

i thought there " ooh looks pretty fkin cool... might get .. erm wait.. im almost 17 stone now and 40 yoa.." - not getting it any time soon unless I want to look like a complete knob

i thought there " ooh looks pretty fkin cool... might get .. erm wait.. im almost 17 stone now and 40 yoa.." - not getting it any time soon unless I want to look like a complete knob

DO NOT BUY ANY cheap armour from fleabay it is horrendous to wear & a total and utter waste of money

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.