Slings

Dan88

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Right, I've got a sling on my m4, but it's one that attaches at each end and it's just rubbish, doesn't sit right,

I like the the look of the single point bungee slings, they seem to hang nice with the barrel facing the floor,

I'm sure I've seen some that like hang off the vest I think? Couldn't work out if it was around the neck or on the vest.

Cheers.

Dan

• Supporters

Not that they ever seem to have anything in stock, but I think you mean like this: http://uktactical.com/p-5704-warrior-qrs-fastex-sling-multicam.aspx

Intelligent armour do a similar one as well but they're the thick end of £30.

• Supporters

Yeah it will!

Put the t-bar up through the MOLLE loops on the shoulder and anchor it in one of the loops on your back. Bob's your mothers live in lover.

Failing that you could try one like this: http://www.body-armour-protection.co.uk/Y-Sling-single-point-sling.html

Its also worth considering a 3 point/adjustable sling. You can get ones that can adjust between a 1 point setup and a 2 point setup as well as adjustable length so you can extend out the sling itself. They have the advantage that you can get the gun to sit across your chest at an angle and out of the way of your legs when using a pistol. The big problem with the one point slings is that the gun barrel is often in the way of one of your legs or sitting to the side with a pistol. A high mounted t-bar depending on the gun may very well be better for this but I can't say I have used one.

I think you should look at all the options, because there are a lot of ways to do this with various trade offs.

been using one point sling for a while. It works pretty well, but I wouldn't want my gun hanging from it for prolonged periods as it puts quite a lot of pressure onto one side of your neck/shoulder.

My apologies for coming late to this discussion, It's a Cav thing!!

I've recently bought this:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/TopOutdoor-Mission-Tactical-Airsoft-Adjustable/dp/B00E6L3H2W/ref=sr_1_sc_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1405072264&sr=8-2-spell&keywords=top+outdoor+tactical+sling

It's cheap, good quality and even says Magpul on the label! (but I'm not sure it is?! The packaging and instructions are very convincing!)

It can be worn as a single point, a dual point, under the shoulder covers of my plate carrier, as a stand alone and its very quick to transition between single and dual point.

Whatever your preference, this seems to have it covered! I gave away my single point sling fairly soon after getting this, I'm very happy with it and having used the "issue tissue" sling for the SA80 for years, which is ok, this one is excellent and looks cool too!

• Supporters

My apologies for coming late to this discussion, It's a Cav thing!!

I've recently bought this:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/TopOutdoor-Mission-Tactical-Airsoft-Adjustable/dp/B00E6L3H2W/ref=sr_1_sc_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1405072264&sr=8-2-spell&keywords=top+outdoor+tactical+sling

It's cheap, good quality and even says Magpul on the label! (but I'm not sure it is?! The packaging and instructions are very convincing!)

It can be worn as a single point, a dual point, under the shoulder covers of my plate carrier, as a stand alone and its very quick to transition between single and dual point.

Whatever your preference, this seems to have it covered! I gave away my single point sling fairly soon after getting this, I'm very happy with it and having used the "issue tissue" sling for the SA80 for years, which is ok, this one is excellent and looks cool too!

It's not Magpul - the real ones cost more like £55. I have one like yours though (ie a cheap copy). I like it, for a tenner you can do too badly really.

Too true, I'm sure it's a copy, but it does look the part and does the trick and with all my whistles and bells on my 416 comes in at about 5kg!! So far, it's holding up ok!

• Supporters

Too true, I'm sure it's a copy, but it does look the part and does the trick and with all my whistles and bells on my 416 comes in at about 5kg!! So far, it's holding up ok!

I use one for my SCAR. Not sure how much it weighs but it seems to hold position OK with the EGLM and tracer attached! :)

I guess one of the enduring problems for everyone is having a sling that can hold the weapon in a comfortable and secure position, out of the way, for when you transition rapidly to pistol?

No doubt being done on the move when you've gone "Winchester" and it's quicker than trying to reload your primary!

for me I think it's just a case of practise, pracitise, practise!!

• Supporters

it's just a case of practise, pracitise, practise!!

This.

I kind like the 3 point slings similar to the L85 sling. Fantastic bits of kit if you like slings and enables you to slide your rifle around your back out of the way when needed. I personally prefer no sling :)

• Supporters

Which sling would you trust more. The first one lozart linked or cavnijas one?

(On mobile so can't quote)

I have one like cavninja and it's fine. How long it lasts is another question altogether. I am looking at buying the WAS one when they have stock though as the neck rub is annoying me.

[tangent] does anyone know of a good video explaining the correct use of a three point sling?

I have one and it is either too short and I can't breath or too long and the gun almost hits the ground. I'm doing something wrong but can't figure out what.

• Supporters

[tangent] does anyone know of a good video explaining the correct use of a three point sling?

I have one and it is either too short and I can't breath or too long and the gun almost hits the ground. I'm doing something wrong but can't figure out what.

ooo...hang on...there is one somewhere!

Here it is!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.