Airsoft Helmets

ItsAJ

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Oh I tried all that JC, I have an Emmerson FAST PJ, got myself a Z Tactical MSA Sordin headset and rail adapters to go with from Airosft peak, the headset is very good, I particularly like the ambient noise amplification and ear defence cut off when there's a loud band. But the rail adapters are complete dross. In order to fit them to the head set you have to do some serious mod work on it, to strip it down, the metal arms have to be bent out of shape to remove. The rail adapters are poor quality and only one side would fix correctly so that it folds down and seals in place, the other side just wouldn't do it. Still scratching my head for a solution. I'd seen guys running with a full head set under their FAST, but mine is too small, or my head it too massive! I;m a size 60cm and the FAST is a snug fit, pretty comfortable actually.

Any advice on rail adapters gratefully received

• Supporters

Best advice I can give for stuff like that is to buy real ones, repro stuff for looks is often good enough, but if you require something to be mechanically sound then quite often the Chinese knock-off will fall well short of the mark.

I use peltor rail adapters and comtac ACH headphones on my helmet, expensive but worth every penny in that I know I could boot it across a room with every confidence it'd all still work when it stopped moving.

I think I've found my first problem, my rail adapters are for a Comtac type headset, but my headset is a Sordin type! (Doh!!) I think this means that the clips that hold them in place are different?

I've found this company in the states:

http://ironforgedconcepts.com/project/order-sara-gen-2/

Who sell clips thast can be fitted to Sordin headsets so you can have them rail adaptor mounted or back on your head band

They're not cheap, a set of four little clips is about 70USD, then there's their European freight charges!

They do a set of the clips with a set of Peltor rail adapters which would be rock solid, as you say, but its gonna cost me nearly 200USD!!!

The things I do for airsoft! She is a cruel mistress, but I can't help it!! :rolleyes:

I'll let you know how I get on...

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm never thought of a helmet before reading this thread, normally just plonk a black beanie hat on to stop me getting shot in the forehead..

But now I really want a tactiCOOL helmet with unnecessary attachments dammit!!!

I think I've found my first problem, my rail adapters are for a Comtac type headset, but my headset is a Sordin type! (Doh!!) I think this means that the clips that hold them in place are different?

I've found this company in the states:

Who sell clips thast can be fitted to Sordin headsets so you can have them rail adaptor mounted or back on your head band

They're not cheap, a set of four little clips is about 70USD, then there's their European freight charges!

They do a set of the clips with a set of Peltor rail adapters which would be rock solid, as you say, but its gonna cost me nearly 200USD!!!

The things I do for airsoft! She is a cruel mistress, but I can't help it!! :rolleyes:

I'll let you know how I get on...

The sordin ones are different mate yeah, You can get clones of them too, FMA do a set and most FMA stuff ive had has been decent enough, obviousky not as tough as the real ones though.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/331253435697?limghlpsr=true&hlpv=2&ops=true&viphx=1&hlpht=true&lpid=108&chn=ps&device=c&adtype=pla&crdt=0&ff3=1&ff11=ICEP3.0.0-L&ff12=67&ff13=80&ff14=108&ff19=0

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.