Airsoft Helmets

ItsAJ

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Also, where are the skate helmets you linked from? They look very much like the old pro-tec delta bump helmets!

You mean old Protec Skate Helmets? ;)

I'd go to the doctors and get that checked mate!

Also, where are the skate helmets you linked from? They look very much like the old pro-tec delta bump helmets!

okay, think I've missed something haha!

as for the helmets, just some random image search, they are just ordinary bmx/inlines/skateboard helmets

A note on that helmet barry, do NOT use the visor in it as eye protection, they're not rated for any kind of impact at all and BBs at 300fps fly straight through!

LOL let me tell you a funny wee story!

I got a pair of x800 bolle goggles a few weeks ago for £55 from the safety company and Bolle siad they cant scratch or fog up.. anyway, mine fogged and got scratched in the first scirmish so they sent me a new pair for free! I was pretty delighted tbh.. got them this morning and emailed them with gratitude.. THEN I looked at the lense on them and they looked like they had some c*nt put selotape on them then pull it off! so I phoned the bolle rep and he instantly told me to keep them and they will sned a new pair today! So by monday next week I will have 3 pairs for the price of 1! SHAMOW BABY!

Yea I was sceptical about he visor - its just for show i think. I got it for the head cam attachment.. fits my fat head like a glove as well! lol

videos to come soon

edit.. shouldnt type and drink.. its bad for spelling!

I could be mistaken but if thats the helmet without the twisty-worm system, you could have been a little ripped off. Same helmet, postage included for £25 http://www.shootercbgear.com/product_info.php?products_id=7781

Ouch! I think your right I think thats the cheap version! What a rip off !

better sending it back and getting the one with the turn thingy!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

ItsAJ, what gogles you using with that? also how do you find your mask - doesnt it send your breath into your goggles?

ItsAJ, what gogles you using with that? also how do you find your mask - doesnt it send your breath into your goggles?

Hey, just seen this now, I'm using the emerson low profile boggie goggles. I actually have decided not to use them as they didn't seal my cheeks and the nose bridge was very uncomfortable. As for the cordura face mask its great but yes it does send the air upwards <_<

66193_10152426832768964_2226543565579584Got all my new kit :D so happy with it all!

...until someone shoots that tiny bit of flesh on your cheek that is poking out :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • Supporters

Nice. What are the NE MPLS like? was thinking of one as a navigation light rather than using my weapon light!

It seems that most replica airsoft type helmets max out at 60-61(ish) cm, in a one size fits all kinda way.

Does anyone know a brand or make that is designed for those with a larger heed??!!

Check out M88 PASGT 'fritz' helmets. They tend to fit a big head (like mine lol). Here's one on Amazon for next to feck all money, and if you look at the pics, you'll see one of them has the dimensions on it, which should give you an idea whether it will suit you:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/M88-Tactical-Helmet-Black-SWAT/dp/B005RFOQC6/ref=pd_sim_sbs_sg_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=0KV0J30TC6ZA7ZJC5HQ4

Yeah, I know, everyone else has FAST helmets or MICH ones (except me, who does use an M88), but you can get camo covers for the M88 which make it look good, for two quid from here:

http://www.tacticalgeartrade.co.uk/head-gear/helmet-cover.html

They are decent quality, I have one of those multicam ones for mine.

If you fancy going mental and attaching all kinds of crap to it to make it look more 'tacticool', then you can get all that cobblers for an M88 PASGT from here:

http://www.tacticalgeartrade.co.uk/head-gear/helmet-accessories.html?p=1

I use the M88 helmet with British DPM cover, you can put foliage in it to blend in or have bits of scrim scarff hanging down to break up the shape

Not much cover/foliage to use in the deserts of afgan & Iraq which is where the fast helmets were designed for

It seems that most replica airsoft type helmets max out at 60-61(ish) cm, in a one size fits all kinda way.

Does anyone know a brand or make that is designed for those with a larger heed??!!

Airsoft peak sell fma helmets in size l/xl which should do the job. They're pretty good quality too.

• Supporters

Airsoft peak sell fma helmets in size l/xl which should do the job. They're pretty good quality too.

Just bought an fma L/xl and it's 61cm max. Actually a bit snug on my massive swede.

Some good links there, thanks guys, I've got a Para helmet that I can run with either MTP or DPM covers and an Emmerson FAST PJ in MTP which fits, but is snug, I'm having trouble getting a comms system to fit it. I just wondered if any companies actually made sizes or its a one size fits all and the best you can hope for is an adjustment wheel, (it gives you about 58-60cm)

• Supporters

Reference comms on a fast style helmet, even with one that fits properly routing a headband underneath can be uncomfortable, try having a look at arc rail adapters for a sordin or comtac headset. Massively improved helmet stability too :-)

As for getting the FMA L/XL helmets to fit bigger heads, rip out the shitty occ-dial that comes with it, fit a h-nape and use mich helmet pads, should give you plenty more room!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.