Airsoft Helmets

ItsAJ

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey everyone I have been looking at getting a new helmet and the Emerson Base Jump in multicam caught my eye not the version with he suspension strap but the double chin one I will put a pic below. Anybody have any experience with this brand or helmet etc?

Also what helmets do you guys sport? Or other combos! Pictures welcome!

post-9724-0-35724200-1404955310_thumb.jpg

From my experience with China made helmets, the straps dig in a fair bit if you have sensitive skin but its nothing major, just be aware you'll be a bit red! They also seem to be made for people with really tiny heads so foam will more than likely need removing and moving around for a good fit. Other than that they're great for what they are for :)

I have 2 Helmets. A steel tankers helmet, which I plan one day to fully convert to an airborne helmet. It's heavy and the 2 point chin strap makes it feel rather unstable. It will be great once it has the 4 point leather chin strap. I also have a cheap Resin Brodie helmet

321353664899_1.jpg

For £8 it's a surprisingly good match for the real thing and is much lighter. It lacks a liner so I tied netting over it with the 4 corners tied to create a cushion for my head. It works great.

I'm more of a hat person really. Boonies are great but on a hot sunny day, you can't beat a slouch hat :)

_MG_4083_zps92c00ae2.jpg

I have a cheap fast helmet I got from Helmet World. I don't have the biggest head but it's still a tight squeeze. Only issue I have with it is how bad the air circulation is (i.e. there's none) when it's warm.

For warm days I just use an old Czechoslovakian bandana I picked up from Epic Militaria.

My team wear china made fast jump helmets. Since wearing them you realise how much they save you when you smack your head or get shot in the head. The only thing is make sure you buy the one with the adjustable turn wheel at the back for making it tighter. If you buy from china they are for around £30 delivered but your have to wait a month. The great thing is with them as well is you can attach your goggles and head set to the helmet so its all one unit.

I've seen those Emerson FAST helmets for about £24 on Ali-Express, there's also the more expensive versions for about £40-£50. I've seen good reviews on YouTube but they're mostly on the latter. I'm also looking at an ACM / 8FIELDS MICH 2002 from TaiwanGun for £20 and you can buy real Ops-Core pads and straps for them( another £20 though)

I've recently bought an identical one, an Emerson FAST Type Tactical Airsoft Helmet (PJ Type / Advanced / Multicam) from Evike for USD$56. I'm size 60(cm) head, quite big and the standard size is a little snug, but it is very comfortable and stable. I've worn this charging round all day on a CQB event and it was great!

Having worn the old fashioned steel pots, the MK6 and a crew guard, this is waaay more comfortable! And having taken hits to my head and this coped excellently with it, I won't be taking it off any time soon!!

post-9652-0-41319500-1405000082_thumb.jpg

post-9652-0-64697300-1405000083_thumb.jpg

I've seen those Emerson FAST helmets for about £24 on Ali-Express, there's also the more expensive versions for about £40-£50. I've seen good reviews on YouTube but they're mostly on the latter. I'm also looking at an ACM / 8FIELDS MICH 2002 from TaiwanGun for £20 and you can buy real Ops-Core pads and straps for them( another £20 though)

Yea they do seem to get quite good reviews on youtube. What actually is the difference between the cheap version and the better so I don't go spending my money on the wrong one? I will have to take a look on TaiwanGun never been on the site.

I had my first airsoft skirmish on Sunday past and I loved it, but I quickly learnt a helmet would do me good, ran into a building for cover with a wooden floor and slipped like a cartoon character, nearly fell! Second time I ran and jumped for cover, slipped on a patch of wet mud when I landed and banged my knee against a rock, could have been my head!

They also look super cool :D

attachicon.gifIMG_20140630_191000.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_20140630_191010.jpg

I've recently bought an identical one, an Emerson FAST Type Tactical Airsoft Helmet (PJ Type / Advanced / Multicam) from Evike for USD$56. I'm size 60(cm) head, quite big and the standard size is a little snug, but it is very comfortable and stable.

I have a 58cm head if you had the chance again would you go for the large? I presume you got medium?

There was no size detailed, I assume it was one size fits all?! Unless you're over size 61cm?!

I believe the basic has a simple under chin single type black strap and a basic set of pads. The advances has a tan chin strap that sits comfortable on the point of your chin and a full set of adjustable pads inside, well worth the extra cost!

A slightly larger one would be nice, but it fits and is comfortable and as the saying goes, if it ain't broke.....

There was no size detailed, I assume it was one size fits all?! Unless you're over size 61cm?!

I believe the basic has a simple under chin single type black strap and a basic set of pads. The advances has a tan chin strap that sits comfortable on the point of your chin and a full set of adjustable pads inside, well worth the extra cost!

A slightly larger one would be nice, but it fits and is comfortable and as the saying goes, if it ain't broke.....

Yea I seen the single black chin strap and then the double tan looking one, I guess the tan is the better? Do you know what the difference is between the PJ and BJ models?

I did see a review where the guy mention 'his old one' and kept referring to differences between the two. I think he mentioned at some point it was the cheaper version he had. From what I remember the cheaper ones doesn't have the OCC dial (adjustment wheel thing at the back) which is really helpful. There are better quality straps and padding on the more expensive version. Also the cheaper ones have thinner shells and flex easier whereas build quality on the other is stronger.

For what you pay the cheaper one is still pretty good though.

TaiwanGun's a Polish site, despite the name. If you spend around £55 you'll get free shipping. Plus, there's no extra charges to pay either since it's from the EU. They sell a lot of stuff, a lot of it is cheap ACM but they have a selection of quality gear and parts too. I'm ordering a JG BAR-10 with two or three magazines and a load of ammo which will be around £110 tommorow in fact (my first order from them but heard many good things)

The ammo in question is their P&J brand which is extremely cheap but I've heard nothing but great reviews of them! I'll be buying two or three bags of 0.30s and two or three bags of 0.20s. That's 4-6 thousand 0.3s and 8 to 12,000 0.20g rounds for like £20 total!

Not entirely sure what the difference is, if you look on the Evike website, you see the whole range of both levels of quality and different models and camos on there.

The PJ is a copy of the Ops core Carbon, BJ is the copy of the base jump. In airsoft terms the only differnce is the NVG mount, PJ has the VAS shroud and the BJ is moulded into the lid itself

The PJ is a copy of the Ops core Carbon, BJ is the copy of the base jump. In airsoft terms the only differnce is the NVG mount, PJ has the VAS shroud and the BJ is moulded into the lid itself

What a legened. Man knows his stuff.Thanks! What would be better then?

Its personal preference mate, they are both the same internally and externally apart from the mount. What NVG mount you like best? Personally id choose neither and go for the Ballistic copy, which I already have. Link below

http://www.ebairsoft.com/ballistic-style-helmet-p-5368.html

I've bought the cheaper Emerson helmet in multicam, the one with out the wheel, kinda regret it now!!

Supposed to be here tomorrow.

I've bought the cheaper Emerson helmet in multicam, the one with out the wheel, kinda regret it now!!

Supposed to be here tomorrow.

Well what do you think of it then :)?

I want a mich 2000 to pimp out and make into a form of mfr

By MFR I'm assuming you mean Marine Force Recon?

Helmet

http://www.airsoftpeak.com/mich-2000-plastic-helmet-typeb-p-3046.html

Mount

http://www.airsoftpeak.com/dupont-nylon-lightweight-universal-shroud-helmet-mount-base-black-p-10431.html

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.