Primary/secondary for sniping and cqb

ikarma70

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all, finally managed to try my Dragunov and realised I need a compact secondary that will double up as my primary cqb weapon.

I have looked at a jg skorpion and a jg mp5( skorpion seems ideal in keeping with the russian theme) but I am flexible.

Don't bothered by a fast rate of fire so much, I was looking at a KA Thompson but that's not really compact but I may buy an aep as well if I did buy one.

Any other suggestion guys?

Atb

Andy

I can't think of any Russian Soviet bloc sidearms / PDWs other than the TT-33 and Skorpion. I'm pretty sure all airsoft TT-33s are quite shite as well. The JG Skorpion is okay but can't say it will last very long.

Well i was looking at an mp5/mp7.

I don't like GBB pistols much.

What's wrong with the jg skorpion, all the reviews I looked at say it's not bad?

KAC PDW's are really nice little guns, but the only aeg's are dboys (£150ish if you shop around but they don't have the best reputation) and VFC (Awesome reputation but £350+ price tag).

They are compact, lightweight, take stanag mags, look awesome and can be upgraded easily.

I personally own the dboys one which I am currently working on. Not used it yet but it feels awesome and I may use it as a secondary to my own Dragunov sometime.

I seem to remember hearing not so good things about it, although to be honest that was a while ago. It's more than I thought so it should be pretty good. Since it's an AEP there probably won't be a lot of aftermarket upgrade or replacements parts available.

I seem to remember hearing not so good things about it, although to be honest that was a while ago. It's more than I thought so it should be pretty good. Since it's an AEP there probably won't be a lot of aftermarket upgrade or replacements parts available.

Not too fussed on upgrading as I will be upgrading my svd.

I'm not sure there's much in the way of good side arms/secondary, not gas for 150 or less... My pistol cost me over that with a spare mag... You might want to have a think...

I'd just buy a gbb pistol tbh, will give you the best performance for the money.

The only time I would buy a GBB pistol is if it was co2 powered and preferably non blowback.... I don't like this green gas or similar based pistols after the grief I had with the kjw 1911 I had.

I do like the dboys kac pdw though but it's not keeping in the russian theme, I am speaking to my supplier tomorrow so I will see what he has.

Thank you anyway!

• Supporters

The only time I would buy a GBB pistol is if it was co2 powered and preferably non blowback.... I don't like this green gas or similar based pistols after the grief I had with the kjw 1911 I had.

Don't let one bad experience put you off GBB pistols. 1911s are particularly renowned for not having a big enough reservoir for gas in the magazine due to their slim nature.

• Supporters

As Lozart says don't let a bad experience with a pistol that's known for not being that great put you off them. There's a reason pretty much all serious airsofters use gbbs.

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.