Looking for another secondary, TM Suggest 3 :)

Prathios

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

The one you consider best = 1

Been looking at quite a few, And find it hard to choose via preference because they all come across quite nice. My price range is £100-£200 MAX on this one. And i have not had the chance to test fire any so as to performance i have been relying on word of mouth, and incredibly varying video reviews.

1. TM MK23 Socom -best gun for silent kills ever.

2. Any other TM pistol

3. Goblin Deuce 'cos sawn off shotgun!

http://www.patrolbase.co.uk/airsoft-shotguns-and-grenade-launchers/deuce-airsoft-double-barrel-launchermhtm#.U7xbC5RdUcY

1. Magpul FMG to casually walk over skirmish fields like you're holding a brief case to go to work and then... BAM, dead, dead, dead, and dead.

2. TM GLOCK 18 FOR FULL AUTO EPICNESS

3. Any 12 round tanaka to use as a pocket sniper rifle

Really liking the MK23 and the 5.1 Hi Capa me thinks.

MK23 without blowback on the slide seems practical as well as stylish.

5.1 Something about the blocky solid look draws me too it.. As well as a heap of custom parts popping up everywhere.

Edit> This guy interests me greatly in the 5.1 actually xD http://www.eliteshootingcentre.co.uk/Gas%20Guns/Gas%20Pistol%20Parts/Gas%20Pistol%20Parts.htm

The one you consider best = 1

Been looking at quite a few, And find it hard to choose via preference because they all come across quite nice. My price range is £100-£200 MAX on this one. And i have not had the chance to test fire any so as to performance i have been relying on word of mouth, and incredibly varying video reviews.

why limit yourself to mauri?

Trust me, there are a lot of MK23's used at Bristol Airsoft, they are very annoying 'cos you never know where you got shot from. I have the cheap HFC version myself, it's good but the TM one is quieter. If you want a sidearm as a cool toy get a blowback pistol, but if you want to get kills with a pistol, the MK23 is the way to go. The downside is that it's rather big.

1. TM MK23. I have the cheaper ASG version but I've fired the original and it's just soo quiet! Decent range too.

2. KWA KZ75 (CZ75). You don't see many of these around so it's a fairly unique yet cracking pistol.

3. Goblin Deuce. A double barrel pocket sized shotgun haha :D

I am lucky enough to have a TM custom hi capa built by Mike Cripps at the Elite shooting centre. His customer service is first class and you wouldn't be disappointed with a gun from him. However, the standard hi capa is still a wonderful gun and Mike will always upgrade it later for you if you don't want to do it .

I would say my TM glock aep is a damn sight easier to look after and use though if you are thinking purely indoor as the low fps doesn't matter at all then. Outdoors the range and accuracy on 0.2s which you have to use on the aep makes you lag behind a hi capa.

Food for thought! :-)

An alternate TM - PX4 - lovely little pistol

The ASG version of the MK23 is a hell of a price drop, Does the difference show? And i can see why people keep suggesting that little shotgun :P But sadly shotguns and stubbie shotguns are not my thing at all :). Having used real ones a lot in my life they really need to kick and bang to make me happy lol.

Currently At

1. 5.1 Hi capa / Mk23 Socom

2. TM HK45

3. KWA USP (With a comp)

why limit yourself to mauri?

I dont know too much about a lot of the brands and could find only love for TM on average. I dont mind others if they match price range really, a few snuck some in already :P. Naturally prefer an easy aftermarket for any replacements or custom bits.

Thanks for all the replies so far, Been helpful to have some to take a proper look at rather than the thousands that are available.

1. TM Hi-Cappa

2. ASG MK23 (I actually prefer the ASG, slightly louder but better range)

3. ASG shotgun

4. Glock AEP with lipo mod.

The ASG version of the MK23 is a hell of a price drop, Does the difference show?

Yes the plastic isn't as well finished and the suppressor supplied drastically increases the fps. That said the asg is built for green gas from the start whereas the marui is designed for 134a gas.

Yes the plastic isn't as well finished and the suppressor supplied drastically increases the fps. That said the asg is built for green gas from the start whereas the marui is designed for 134a gas.

The main difference is that the HFC and ASG versions use an inner barrel on the silencer to bring the accuracy and power up to the standard of the TM, The TM uses the silencer as a silencer making it much quieter. The ASG Mk23 is a very good gun, the TM one is awesome.

• Supporters

That said the asg is built for green gas from the start whereas the marui is designed for 134a gas.

it's a non blow back gun, the strength of the gas is irrelevant. Some (read not many) TM GBB pistols with weak slide designs and massive expansion chambers (5-7 springs to mind) will break on green gas, most will not.

The main problem with the TM guns is usually the plastic slide. You have to be careful to use the appropriate gas for the time of year to keep them in good working order or they can break. But its really the little things that makes them better. They tend to be pretty impressive accuracy wise, some of them come with fixed hop up units instead of adjustable ones (which in pistols the hop up does tend to move, they are often quite loose). The magazines all tend to have catches for holding the spring down, the way you get into the magazines to seal them is a bit easier and less fiddly and so far from the reports I have read people have less problems with leaking mags.

But We and KWA are also putting out mighty good pistols as well. They make ones that can take CO2 for the winter/more FPS and are full metal slide and models you don't find from TM. From an externals point of view the often plastic slides on the TM means the recoil isn't as good and they are a bit more breakable and don't look right. To some extent I think this choice of secondary is about whether you want the externals and higher power guns and gas options verses famous TM quality. Its no accident the long term skirmishers all have TM pistols that they use a lot, but they also tend to have other makes as well for those cold days or when achieving a particular look.

That's funny... I've heard a lot of conflicting information on the above. Mainly that the slides being plastic helps recoil, and in winter their better... I think maybe Wolf Armouries did the "best Hi capa" video where they put all mags in the fridge and the tm basically hardly got affected.

The gas thing may have legs... But that's only really saying one a year... "next few months will be hot... Change gas" but a lot of people seem to be using propane all year round...

My hi capa... I had to check the slide to make sure it was plastic... Well a polymer... Looks that good.

it's a non blow back gun, the strength of the gas is irrelevant. Some (read not many) TM GBB pistols with weak slide designs and massive expansion chambers (5-7 springs to mind) will break on green gas, most will not.

I stand corrected then. I was just told before that the TM mags couldn't take the green gas so I assumed the gun wouldn't cope with it.

That's funny... I've heard a lot of conflicting information on the above. Mainly that the slides being plastic helps recoil, and in winter their better... I think maybe Wolf Armouries did the "best Hi capa" video where they put all mags in the fridge and the tm basically hardly got affected.

The gas thing may have legs... But that's only really saying one a year... "next few months will be hot... Change gas" but a lot of people seem to be using propane all year round...

My hi capa... I had to check the slide to make sure it was plastic... Well a polymer... Looks that good.

TM guns are designed to run on 134a, so if you use propane in it there can be risks. I have heard of someones slide flying off, and anothers just smashed to pieces mid blowback, but that still doesn't put me off using propane in my tm hicapa, as if the slide does break it is quite cheap to get a new one.

I have had mine working at very low temps during outdoor night games over the winter, and it never let me down once.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.