Insurgency?

AK47frizzle

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Anyone heard of or played this game? I've known about it for a while and heard that it's great realistic game and intense.

Watched videos and whilst not the best of graphics seems mostly tactics based and not "Who-can-fuk-off-a-360-no-scope-first". It doesn't seem like COD where there is no tactics at all, it's just who can shoot first. It's not like battlefield where there is a horde of players running about the place and with guns that are near impossible to kill at ranges.

It seems like a quiet, but yet intense game where every action has to be planned, but then again, it can be very slow and if I can't get kills, i get pissed off.

I'm considering getting this for £11 on steam but i'm not sure if it's my kind of game or not.

Any thoughts?

If you like ARMA and things you'll probably like Insurgency. I think it looks really good. A lot of people seem to like it so for £11 I think it's worth a go. I need to pick it up myself at some point.

looking at the system requirements and using game debate, my APU goes way over the recommended requirement, so I guess I will be able to play this game smoothly if I get it, i'll buy a £20 steam gift card on friday or something and buy it, then i'll give my verdict

It reminds me very much of counter strike and the first COD. Its very sharp and fast kills like those games and a pretty decent competition game.

• Supporters

I'm not a PC gamer, but I've been following numerous YouTubers who play this often and it looks seriously awesome. It's kinda like Counter Strike meets Battlefield 2's Project Reality mod, only on a much smaller scale.

I don't think it looks too bad either. Plus, 3D scopes! All games should have 3D scopes.

• Supporters

I have Insurgency, it is an awesome close to real life first person shooter as you can currently get .. its a mix of Battlefield, COD, ArmA and Counter Strike all rolled into one game, with realistic actions and consequences in that killing someone takes 1-2 shots, not 2984094540503 it does on other games, its very well thought out, great strategy game that keeps you thinking and on your toes .. otherwise you end up dead before you know it..

Very much recommended and available on Steam quite cheap at the moment.

I've seen a couple of youtubers play it and I was impressed with it- I decided to postpone purchasing it until the sales though. Got it downloading right now for the great price of £10.99, cheaper than a bottle of .25gs :D

I've been looking for a new FPS for a while, and this is perfect for me

• Supporters

£10.99, cheaper than a bottle of .25gs :D

Cheaper than a bottle of .25s?!

Where the flying balls (see what I did there?) are you buying your ammo from? £12 is obscene, I can get a bag of BB Bastard .28s for that.

• Supporters

It's a good game but it can be very frustrating due to how quickly you can die. I played it a lot when it was still the source mod version. Seems like they have fixed the issue where people can see(and shoot) you when you can't see them which plagued the mod.

It doesn't play particularly like Red Orchestra but it reminds me of it in that a bad game can make you rage quit quicker than anything else I've played.

So, so far, with everything turn down to lowest, apart from texture, I can run it with on average 40-55 fps on multiplayer which is ok, on training, it lags like hell, so, no way. Good thing is, my laptop doesn't try to melt itself while playing the game.

So first off, I notice was... HOLY SHEET, the guns have extremely high recoil which makes spray and pray impossible. In this game, it's ALL about tactics; there were a few times where I tried to be a one man wrecking army, it doesn't work.

Secondly, some fooking annoying indian twats kept spamming the voice chat with their "russian" accents and kept saying "ALLALLALALALLLLALALLALALALALALALALL" Annoying as hell. Soon they were kicked and it was much better.

So i've played 2 hours so far, and in one of the games, I was a designated marksman, got an m14 ebr, equipped it with silencer and scope, found a good spot and went on a 10 kill streak for the whole game, no deaths, best game yet.

On other games, it was harder because I didn't know the maps at all. So I stopped often to look at the map to find where i'm at.

When I die, i'm just like, "How. The. Hell. Did he shoot me first? That was not possible, he wasn't even there"

But yeh, it's an incredibly hard game to play but kills are satisfying. I love the m14 ebr.

Gonna have to pick it up myself and join you guys I think :)

You should! But it's very punishing at the start, still for me. I still don't the the maps at all and get killed all the time but in this game, they don;t record your overall KD, which is great because I don't have to worry about showing off my crap KD I possibly have right now. You can actually happily die and wait in this game!

There's some great Steam Workshop mods for it, including one where as an Insurgent it will play one of 15 different combat recorded battle cries when you throw a grenade/molotov/C4. Also, gold Makarov skin and camo skins for pretty much every gun (as well as a handy re-animation for the UMP making it more realistic in 1st person) are available

I though co-op is easy. I was wrong. Now that i've played some 7 hours of it, i'm better at distinguishing enemies and my teammates, but i think i'll play more co op until I have decent reflexes and learn the maps more.

• 3 months later...

*NEW FREE INSURGENCY DLC PACK*

'Nightfall' focuses on night operations in Insurgency. The DLC features NVGs, flare guns, a new map (Verticality) and a new game mode; Survival.

Survival puts players into a scenario where they must move around safe houses on maps, gaining supplies to fight off endless waves of enemies. Players can choose to directly engage enemies in firefights, or take the stealthy approach.

After a bit of a play through, I can safely say it's pretty cool. Night maps are usually quite difficult to get right in video games, but NWI have done well with these new night versions of existing maps. The flare gun is pretty cool to use, and NVGs are very useful. They don't give an unfair advantage, there's plenty of light from fire/vehicle lights/house lights. Players with weapon-mounted lights can blind NVG users too. I have yet to witness any use of flash bangs to blind people though.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.