D-Boys SCAR: Is it a good starter gun?

JD8825

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys,

I am still thinking about getting my first AEG and was going through some options. Personally, I want something different to a M4. I like SCARS and looking for a cheap alternative to the more expensive versions. How you rate this weapon? I know that it has a small battery compartment and other things like the Hop Up unit may be problematic. But I like it as it comes with a foregrip and extended barrel which can be attached so turn a CBQ weapon into a rifle to use in woodland.

If all else fails was thinking of getting a G&G CM raider as they seem like a good starter weapon. But I have heard they have their issues as well, like the gears not lasting etc, but from what I read it does look nice and does the job.

What do you guys think?

I've heard nothing good about dboys scars, you have to spend quite a bit more to get a good one.

Some of the better starter guns are g&g combat machines, CYMA AK's (higher number models) and SRC G36's.

as I thought. Was just testing out a theory as tbh I have heard nothing but great things about the G&G CM's so I think I would get one. But the version with the blowback looks and sounds good. It was just a person I spoke to at an airsoft skirmish, I had a feeling they were talking shit.

thanks guys. I now need to save up for one :D will be awesome

I worked on a Dboys scar L not long ago. I was not really impressed. Rundown of things I did not like-

External quality is trash. The plastic used feels weak,there was an air bubble in the lower receiver. Upper receiver is made from Cheap zamak or some other zinc alloy and feels brittle & overly heavy for it;s size.

Internals wise-

Gears are good. XYT sets you find in most ACM are rough but strong.

Gearbox shell is poorly cast,the alloy is poor and you can see flakes of different shades showing how non homogeneous it is.

Piston is crap,Would not last long without AOE

Hop up unit- Dboys make some of the worst units around,performance and casting quality-complete arse.

Motor is great for custom work since the armature is high torque,though the coils were not well wound.

Tappet plate is sh*t

Grease used is sh*t

Stock shimming is sh*t

Air seal parts are useless.

Wiring is wank.

On the other end G&G CM are better in and out. Their gears are not the strongest,especially compared to ACM but they are partly machined which means they mesh well. Only part of concern is the piston head,G&G are inconsistent on this so it's a bit of a lottery. Otherwise the parts are perfectly fine. Externals are very strong,Glassfiber reinforced Nylon which is stronger than most of the pot metal crap used in airsoft.

Thanks for the break down mate. Now I know what to look for :D

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.