New sidearm, helppp

Dan88

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Had my first skirmish on Sunday at slaughter house in hull. Absolutely loved it and can't wait to go again. I'm happy with my ICS c15 m4, I've ordered some gear which is on the way.

A lot of people were using side arms every now and again, I want too get one myself,

I like the berettas, but I'm not just looking for a beretta. I'm undecided on gas or c02?

Any decent suggestions on sidearms?

Thanks

CO2 are good but can be a bit hot for skirmishing - just check the fps. Gas pistols tend to be more common in skirmishes but aren't so good in cold weather. I like pistols and have a few different makes. TM are good and WE are not bad and more affordable.

CO2 is more expensive to run and can shoot a bit hot. Advantage it will work better in the cold compared to gas. Latest WE guns are good but I'd recommend you stay away from their older guns and especially their 1911s / Hi-Capa pistols. TM would be the best if you can afford one. KWA are good as well I think but are also expensive at around £150.

m92 are beautiful. not much you can do to improve em though and the fixed hop thing is grr. my mate has a tm one and mine is we and dosent seem to be a real big difference in play bar weight. do make sure you handly one though before you buy as they are quite big if you have small hands. and if your site allows c02 go for that but you are probably safer with gas. also if you are new i reccomend playing a few months before you look into pistols as they dont add much to your compatative game play, thye are just for fun in comparison to your main(says the guy carrying a m4, shotty and pistol....)

DSCN0820_zps0775a7a2.jpg

DSCN0850_zps3b5cd80e.jpg

Cheers for the replies.

I'm not 100% sure at my local spot, it's 350fps for aeg, not sure if there are different rules for pistols, I know a couple use CO2 but I'm unsure of their fps.

http://www.airsoftworld.net/airsoft-guns/airsoft-pistols/gas-blow-back-gbb/we-m92-standard-gbb-pistol.html

I like that, 280ish fps. Not interested in doing anything too it, just sit pretty in the holster till I need it ha

• Supporters

If you want a metal one and can stretch a bit on the budget, try out the SOCOM Gear M9A1. It's based on the WE one but with some changes (such as an adjustable hop for starters). I like mine!

2014-02-02221234.jpg

They also come in black!

Love that Lozart, have you got a link to one of those? And what type of holster do you use mate?

• Supporters

This is where I got mine, but everywhere seems to be out of stock :(http://www.socomtactical.net/product_info.php?cPath=73_123_149&products_id=721

As for holsters I have a Safariland 6004 lightbearing holster copy from Taiwangun.com http://www.taiwangun.com/en/sls-type-leg-holster-for-beretta-92-black-acm?from=listing&campaign-id=19 for £23 it's pretty bloody good!

• Supporters

Always double - no triple check fps - especially on CO2's

some say 320fps then another says 400fps on 0.20's

so who is telling porkies ????

my CO2 is way too hot - bloody nice n accurate but over 400 on .20's

shame coz carrying a spare cart is easier than a tin of gas if I find myself short

Or AEP - electric and can have full auto like CYMA's but fps is low 250fps if ya lucky

might get a cyma one day perhaps

now you are even more confused and then you got the blowback or non blowback decision

(me I ain't fussed as long it works when I need it)

Hope that doesn't stretch to a national thing? Downgraded my Cybergun Mini Uzi to 330ish and enjoy using it- but yeah most CO2 guns are too hot ootb.

Yes was thinking that with CO2 mags available for GBBR M4s they may become more usable and popular so would be a shame if they couldn't be used. Not to mention better reliability in winter.

• Supporters

I've had no problems shooting GBB guns in the winter, you just need to use the right gas and manage your expectations. Can you do a full auto mag dump in 5C weather? Of course not, but when you've only got 2-300 shots anyway why would you want to fire 40 of them in one go?!

I'm thinking gas, I won't have a problem at any skirmishes then.

Just need to choose the gun now. Decisions

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.