Firefly bucking

declancase

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hard is for high fps guns and soft is for lower fps guns. The softer the more backspin it puts on the bb but the quicker it will break and need replacing

Getting the mix of good hopup and bucking and what ammo is best is hard. My G&G top tech is only firing at 300fps but can fire 0.28g ammo easy, my KWA Mod is firing 340fps and cant go any higher then 0.25g.

I have a G&P Spec Ops which fires around 330-340, so I'm going try the soft firefly and then ask friends to try out different there fifferent bb weights before buying my own, guess it's a case of experimenting to see what's best.

• Supporters

Anything less than 400fps is definitely soft bucking territory.

I recently broke the cardinal rule and replaced the bucking and nub on my TM M4, with a bit of fettling (the flat nub I used needed trimming to fit the hop-window properly) the improvement in shot to shot consistency was immediate and VERY noticeable.

I highly recommend the firefly soft bucking/flat nub combo. Doesn't give you any much more range, but does improve consistency at the very end of the BB's flight.

• Supporters

What is a flat nub? I have seen people talk about then but I have never really looked them up.

it relates to the shape of the nub that pushes against your hop bucking, a flat one applies even pressure across the whole hop-window in the barrel allowing for a more consistent contact patch with the BB;

Flat hop nub looks like this:

FF-Namazu-Flat-Nub-2T.jpg

Normal stock one looks like this ignore the bucking, the little round bit is what we're interested in):

hv50.jpg

with the standard nub you only get a sideways 'push' down on the bucking, with a flat nub the whole hop-window is filled so it pushes the bucking down over a much bigger area. The benefits are consistency from shot to shot (bigger contact patch, small variations have less of an effect) and slightly higher FPS because you don't need to apply so much downward push to achieve the same amount of backspin.

ya you have to have a nub mate or you wont make any backspin, any nub is better then no nub. Just when you get more and more into airsoft you start perfecting stuff, sometimes you make it worse then it was stock other times you make it much better. Its all about finding what bucking and nub and weight ammo works for your gun ect

Yeah i know what you mean, i have been going to airsoft about 8 months now i think, and i have just decided to make the best possible gun i can afford before i go to uni next year and have no money! Haha, thanks for the replies guys:)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.