Aeg vs hpa

Airsoft beams

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Some sites are stricter with p*'s as well due to how easy it is to up the fps. Some don't let you use them altogether so it's worth double checking with your local sites before you shell out for one.

Some sites are stricter with p*'s as well due to how easy it is to up the fps. Some don't let you use them altogether so it's worth double checking with your local sites before you shell out for one.

As a fair few sites are banning them I would say an AEG plus if you are planning on spending p* money then you could get a very nice rifle such as a TM recoil.

Call me naive or even stupid... But I really don't see what all this bipolar hype is all about?

Running a line from the gun to the tank just seems like a backwards step for me?

While we are at it, let's start building steam powered cars, thatched roofs and candle based illumination systems. I know what, let's take a step backwards and then pay extra for the priviledge of doing so! Hi five mofos

Call me naive or even stupid... But I really don't see what all this bipolar hype is all about?

Running a line from the gun to the tank just seems like a backwards step for me?

While we are at it, let's start building steam powered cars, thatched roofs and candle based illumination systems. I know what, let's take a step backwards and then pay extra for the priviledge of doing so! Hi five mofos

HPA has actually advanced a fair bit.

the first HPA airsoft guns were fully mechanical,using cam mechanism to move around nozzle and valves,and such. This is just a big simplification btw. Most of the parts were made of cast brass,had LOTS of springs and little fiddly parts.

Modern HPA guns,like the Kuba engine,Polarstar fusion engine and other use electrical parts like solenoids and computerized triggers. This allows a greater deal of efficiency and reliability due to less moving parts. If the solenoid/trigger is programmed correctly HPA will always come out at the exact same volume,miles more consistant than a traditional AEG or GBB. Mechanical designs are also about,akin to something out of a GBB.

HPA is more expensive because you need a tank and air line,they solenoids they use are also pricey. Polarstars are pricey because everything in CNC milled out of billet aluminium on a low volume production. In comparison a reliable Chinese AEG gearbox costs as little as 20 pounds.

The cheapest HPA system is a Kuba system- It's essentially a solenoid,valve and cylinder. You can build one yourself if you have a mill for as little as 80 pounds including a simple trigger boards. The design is fully open source and you can get blueprints for free.

The price of a Kuba system made out of 6061 aluminium or so is cheaper than a Lonex drop in gearbox which commonly goes for 90-100 pounds. It;s roughly the same price of a well built gearbox with a mix of SHS and Lonex parts. but,you get far far better reliability and consistency.

The base line is that modern HPA powered guns are more reliable,simpler and consistant than an AEG. My knowledge on HPA is only from adventures in the 705th Chairborne ranger division,not near as much as I know about VSRs or AEGs.

I appreciate where you are coming from but the minute you have to add a line and tank you are instantly taking the gun away further from its true form and thus it's always a backwards step no matter how advanced it gets. Isurely the less realistic a rif looks the more of a muppet you feel holding it. The only time I want a link and a tank on my gun is if I'm running a ghostbusters loadout.

• Supporters

and that is fine if you want a realistic loadout, but some play airsoft as a game with set ways in which to do better. It's like owning a better pair of football shoes or a bigger tennis bat - skill accounts for most, but good equipment is always helpful.

The P* Stuff (personal experience with) is just awesome, the way the rounds simply don't deviate from the path of the previous round is just amazing.

Polarstars are basically everything every airsofter wants, but with 1 drawback being the air line (and cost, but whatever, you could have bought a systema, 'captain AEGs are awesome')

Consistency with an fps every time

Immediate trigger response

ultra reliable

potential for ultra high ROF without spending any more money

Potential for ultra high FPS without spending any more money

can be so quiet you can't hear them

can be so loud you don't want to be in the same room as them

They shoot far further on the same barrel/hop setup than a standard AEG

I appreciate where you are coming from but the minute you have to add a line and tank you are instantly taking the gun away further from its true form and thus it's always a backwards step no matter how advanced it gets. Isurely the less realistic a rif looks the more of a muppet you feel holding it. The only time I want a link and a tank on my gun is if I'm running a ghostbusters loadout.

You gotta remember as well that as airsofters were not actually carbon copies... We buy heavy metal versions of lighter guns (every squaddie and his mum wants to decrease weight... Not us!) , have hi cap and mid cap mags, we carry many thousands of rounds onto the field and we have to wind our mags up...

talking about actual realistic, and true to life... On the ground they would want the best available. Not what looked right... Hose fed guns are just technically better. You could argue that their range, quietness, reliability, rof and adaptability were much more in keeping with real military thought than... Say... A M4 made from some pot metal... Or a glock with a metal slide...

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.