Changing to m4 crane stock.

Dan88

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Iv got a full stock on my m4 and I'm not too keen on it,

20140702_210628.jpg

I've seem this on ebay, is it relatively straight forward to swap?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ASG-M4-M15-CRANE-STOCK-AIRSOFT-BB-6MM-/121315183042?pt=UK_SportingGoods_OtherSports&hash=item1c3ef2c9c2

Also, are all crane stocks extendable or is this one? It doesn't say if it is or isn't?

Cheers

You'll need a stock tube to slide the crane stock onto, that link looks like it's for the stock only. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/JG-M4-M16-STOCK-EXTENSION-TUBE-AIRSOFT-JING-GONG-/111125659267?pt=UK_SportingGoods_OtherSports&hash=item19df9afe83

If your gun is front wired, then it's a straight swap once the tube is on there. If it's rear wired, then your next problem will be rerouting the wires down the stock tube and into the crane stock and then you'll almost certainly be looking at buying new batteries to either fit into the stock tube, or into the crane stock battery compartments.

It will be extendable - the stock tube will be designed with notches for the stock to move in and out. The crane stock should fit on any stock tube. In the real world there are different dimensions between military stock tubes and civilian ones. In airsoft it doesn't make too much difference and is nothing that can't usually be sorted with a couple of layers of black tape!

The easiest option might be to go for a stubby fixed stock if it's the length you don't like.

• Supporters

Best or rather easiest solution would be a "stubby" stock

not so friggin big - fit almost any shape or form of battery in there

no tube to get - should be straight swap and under £20 if going for a cheap Hong Kong one

Yes it isn't adjustable but a cheap solution still allowing you use/borrow any battery if you run low on site

Crane is nice but limits your battery type to nunchuck

though take back off and wedge another type on

or failing that tape one wrapped around crane stock to get you out of $hit

Depends on your size but stubby would suit most people say 5ft 8in or under

Full size - ok if you are a big tall fella or set up for DMR sniping or going prone

but stubby - ok for quick fire shooting and running around etc....

well that is my opinion but I talk too much and make little sense so ignore most of this

Haha. I'm about 5'11. It was more the design of the crane I liked, this stock does fit nicely, just looks hideous IMO

• Supporters

yeah but you could run a car battery in that full size stock & still have room for your lunch

I think if you asked 5 or 6 people you would get 3 maybe 4 replies:

stick with what you got - it looks fine

stubby - easiest swap & keep a far bit of room

crane - nunchuck or limited battery size/type but fully adjustable

normal adjustable stock & battery up front - but handguard can also limit battery size/shape

get an external box and remove stock - but looking at your AEG you ain't gonna have a cqb with that size barrel/front end

it is up to you in the end - best of luck

Heres a replacment that should work for you. As you have the fixed stock im assuming its rear wired already so you just need to feed the fires through the buffer tube and screw it on

http://www.asiaairsoft.com/index_eproduct_view.php?products_id=2972

• Supporters

That is a good suggestion - $30 whats that now £17:50 with exchange rate atm

But dunno if any body did or will do some sort of adjustable stubby - chuck anything in there

plus still have a 3 or 4 inch adjustment to play with to keep everyone happy

(yes you got the adjustment mechanism inside a stubby but could be done and have some room still

I like the look of that. I'm using a 9.6v 2200mah nunchuck battery. Is that gonna fit? Imagine it's gonna be tight like?

I like the look of that. I'm using a 9.6v 2200mah nunchuck battery. Is that gonna fit? Imagine it's gonna be tight like?

No, 9.6V 1100Mah is the biggest. If you need new batteries, might aswell go lipo

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.