Forum Get-Together

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Maybe we can ask Dev to set aside room on the forum for the organisation/discussion of the meet ups, if anyone wants to volunteer in helping get these set up it would be a good step forward.

Now comes the fun part - the waiting around for some poor sod to volunteer to head this since from what I've seen organising airsofters seems harder than herding cats haha

I'd be happy to do my part - would be cool to meet a few of you guys - but due to circumstances between me and my now ex missus I'm a bit short on time to do more.

• Supporters

Now comes the fun part - the waiting around for some poor sod to volunteer to head this since from what I've seen organising airsofters seems harder than herding cats haha

I'd be happy to do my part - would be cool to meet a few of you guys - but due to circumstances between me and my now ex missus I'm a bit short on time to do more.

Soz to hear that sir, hope it works out as best a possible without too much extra crap on top

not gonna pry etc.. - just shame when things don't work out. best of luck....

Back on subject - I'm sorting out some crap - mess in this case of junk for a couple fo days

then might post up a note of if or when I am gonna try Sandpit / Epsom Bunker / MOD place etc....

anyone who is going or thinking of going can add bits or pm blah blah blah check their diary etc....

probably think in a little while perhaps a heading:

Southern Skirmish Dates

Midland Skirmish Dates

Northern Skirmish Dates - gonna get a Harry Enfield "Scouser" loadout for this

& perhaps even

Scotish Skirmish - must be really cheap though

Nah soz to the real Northerners - just joking I know you guys love the English so much x x x

OK thinking of making up those type of headings then we can just drop ideas in and that lot

Hopefully a handful of us playing a few local region games - or we got no hope of ever meeting up in one place

Don't wish to cause offense - you may get to see I one one the South East's biggest Bell-Ends one day

(though ya probably got a pretty good idea already)

We should ask Dev to set up some Pinned Posts for Middle/south/north to try sort meet & greets out rather than putting it in a general area and it getting lost to other posts

Whilst not central, perhaps UCAPS Sandpit would be a good shout. For my fellow Scotsmen its a 4 hour train journey from Glasgow to London, something like £18 quid if you book well in advance. The rest of the UK's major cities have direct trains to London too I'm guessing?

Over on Arnie's forum when they have their annual get together they use the sandpit so I'm sure hiring it for a weekend will be no problem! From what I remember (don't hold me to this its been around a year since I read the thread) theres a pizza place and hotel not too far from it, making non campers and people wanting pizza accommodated for?

Transport becomes a lot more expensive and annoying if you have to go through London. I would suggest we either stay West or North of London.

Combat South Maybe? I know they are used to having people camp there. We may then be able to do Combat south Urban on one day and Combat south Woodland the next or vice versa?

That's what I said before ... try and get a forum set up for meetings and then sub-divide for the 3 regions ..

Apologys so many comments read i musta missed it

Whilst not central, perhaps UCAPS Sandpit would be a good shout. For my fellow Scotsmen its a 4 hour train journey from Glasgow to London, something like £18 quid if you book well in advance. The rest of the UK's major cities have direct trains to London too I'm guessing?

Over on Arnie's forum when they have their annual get together they use the sandpit so I'm sure hiring it for a weekend will be no problem! From what I remember (don't hold me to this its been around a year since I read the thread) theres a pizza place and hotel not too far from it, making non campers and people wanting pizza accommodated for?

So everyone? ;)

• Supporters

or you tight fisted ones that want to be closer to nature....

camp on the M25's hard shoulder grass banks - kidding

well that is quite a long journey for me - about 30/40 mins

When we going - who needs a lift - no I don't do pickup from Aberdeen

Anyone actually messaged Dev about this yet?

• Supporters

We should put up a Poll for a date & a place

http://ucap.co.uk/game-dates/?ai1ec_cat_ids=10

20 July & 3rd August - both Sunday btw

NO CLEAR OR 2-TONE GUNS which is the only slight bummer

dunno if I can be allowed with painted aeg or just use my G&G FH if it arrives Monday

supposed to be the dogs dangleys though - anyone play there today i think ????

http://ucap.co.uk/game-dates/?ai1ec_cat_ids=10

20 July & 3rd August - both Sunday btw

NO CLEAR OR 2-TONE GUNS which is the only slight bummer

dunno if I can be allowed with painted aeg or just use my G&G FH if it arrives Monday

supposed to be the dogs dangleys though - anyone play there today i think ????

Sorry my first three games will be at First&only in mids to sort ukara

and my first just happens to be on 20th of july at the Asylum i think its called

• Supporters

Not to put a downer on it but I still think the best opportunity is the NAE- a lot of people, like Ed for example, go to that which means travelling down from whichever northern place that they live which would take considerable time and money to do so.- doing it again even if not as far for a smaller event may not be worth the cost of doing so. With the NAE, although it might not be an AFUK specific event, at least there will be a lot of people from all over from the forums attending.

• Supporters

Sorry my first three games will be at First&only in mids to sort ukara

and my first just happens to be on 20th of july at the Asylum i think its called

You will love the Asylum, I used to marshal for it before I moved away.

How about Spartan? http://spartanairsoft.co.uk Its a pretty big place with a few camping sites within driving distance http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/calcdist.asp?md=5&l=51.4098057&lg=-2.7272433000000547 and it just happens to be next door to a paintball site :ph34r:

Could be some kind of south west meetup?

Spartan is good but I have a feeling they only operate every other weekend to avoid planning permission problems so we would only be able to meet up there for a scheduled walk on day. I believe if you use a site more than a certain number of days a year it requires planning permission for change of use, I could be wrong.

• Supporters

Now we have our own forum space we can plan and brain storm a little more openly ..

Spartan, Asylum and Gunman have been mentioned as possible site candidates along with a few others .. I am however more open to splitting the meets down to locational get together ( North, Midlands, South ) first, to see how they do and then try to organize something larger down the line ... those however are just my personal thoughts.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.