UKARA - how long does it take

Sitting Duck

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Just wondering as from last Monday the guy who does admin returned....

spoke to him and said he will try & sort it by end of week

(dunno how much paperwork builds up in a week or two)

Still don't seem to on database and have been holding off a few treats until now

My LWA post - but they did seem to check & verify from local site & shop

ProAirsoft hopefully have come through for me, they rang & TWA verified

They said it was bit late in the day once TWA answered phone etc.....

But may get my toy soon, had to do 3 months not 2 months - no biggy

but played the game as the saying goes, showed passport, driving license & utility bill etc...

Still don't seem to be on database yet & no email - don't want to keep pestering peeps

but think it could take 2 weeks - even 3 to get on database - is this true ???

Anyone else recently got UKARA - how long did it take ???

Just asking for any other input please chaps

Then I will just shut up and wait a bit longer

(All good things come to those who wait etc.....)

No I do not expect my penis to get any bigger once UKARA'd, but may look to buy a couple of things

on here & something elsewhere too - but hate to mess people about asking them to wait for UKARA

or ask them to ring/confirm so to speak - or keep giving TWA hassle - that won't speed it up either

cheers for any "helpful" comments

I did my UKARA via Pro Airsoft and they were fine. Took the paperwork in there.

My grouch was with the site who took ages to "process my form" and send it back to me after the fee had been paid.

The experience left me rather anti UKARA.

• Supporters

I did my UKARA via Pro Airsoft and they were fine. Took the paperwork in there.

My grouch was with the site who took ages to "process my form" and send it back to me after the fee had been paid.

The experience left me rather anti UKARA.

Thing is TWA run the site AND have online UKARA shop so in effect it is as streamlined as possible

so would of thought it wouldn't take too long - but I hate waiting for things - bring it on I say & get it over with

How long does it take? Well based on the fact my site did it while I was on the phone from the form about 2 minutes. However I rang them after 2 weeks because it hadn't been done. But in actual effort it looks like its easy, just depends on when they get around to it, or when you force them to do it by calling about it.

• Supporters

Well ProAirsoft Supplies said they would send my order Friday but hit n miss if I get it today :(

if not hopefully Monday AEG will arrive and maybe a bit of clarification on my UKARA next week

soz if it is a pain to sellers having to ring TWA or wait for self check - but ahh well it will all work out I suppose

• Supporters

If you want clarification on whether you're on the database or not, call a retailer. You might never appear on the self check, I know I haven't.

Jeeez - that is a good up to date system then, oh well at least I know I am a responsible adult

(the wife thinks otherwise but chosing not to grow up just yet doesn't make me completely irresponsible)

All I gotta do then is try to prove to others I not a complete nutter - yeah that could be tricky sometimes

cheers for replies - will wait n see but least I know I ain't the only one not on list/database

• Supporters

Mine was live within about 10 minutes of my local submitting my details. They said it may take a few hours but it was done by the time I had looked at a couple of guns.

Edit: This was the chap in the shop saying my details had gone live, not me performing a self check in case anyone is wondering.

• Supporters

The self check is rubbish, the retailer accessed database isn't. You probably ARE on the database, just CALL A RETAILER and ask them to look you up.

Will do that, but would like to be on there to make it simpler if buying stuff on here or other places

I might appear to be an old fart but I could be some 10yr old on their parents pc ( I wish sometimes )

• Supporters

OK - cool, spoke to them a few times, bought a couple of ics42w's from there on special offer

another top lot of blokes - if I'm stuck I may get them involved but hate putting on peeps too much

but good to know some retailers go the extra mile for customers & fellow players

i was told that the skirmish site will have my UKARA card for me in 2 weeks which will be my 3rd skirmish (the one i need to complete the criteria)

i was told that the skirmish site will have my UKARA card for me in 2 weeks which will be my 3rd skirmish (the one i need to complete the criteria)

You won't get a UKARA card as there is no such thing, they probably meant your UKARA details will be ready to be submitted to the database following your third skirmish, the database being what retailers check to verify your defence to purchase rifs, rather than an individual ID type card.

Well done and enjoy skirmishing!

Yes your site membership card may well have your UKARA number on it too, though not all sites necessarily give out membership cards, and retailers and most sellers will still check the database via a retailer, as it constitutes the simplest PROOF required to sell a rif.

Hope you get yours sorted soon SD!

• Supporters

Yes your site membership card may well have your UKARA number on it too, though not all sites necessarily give out membership cards, and retailers and most sellers will still check the database via a retailer, as it constitutes the simplest PROOF required to sell a rif.

Me too coz I wanna treat myself a little bit more before the money goes

or the other half/kids spend it - daughter wants Iphone 5 etc....

(yeah well I'd like a 3 way with the wife & her fit m8 but that ain't gonna happen I mutter)

that may be it but they are pretty hot on keeping records on a database of who attended on each date. i believe they do have a membership but they know their members by name so a card seems unnecessary.

how do i get my UKARA number? will the site simply tell me the number or will i receive something by post?

• Supporters

Fill UKARA form and provide photo ID & also proof of address

I gave Passport & Driving License - which should of been enough but took a gas bill along

just in case the i's weren't dotted ot t's not crossed etc....

If the site has a shop then they may be able to process the whole thing or if not then they need

to pass it to a retailer of RIF's

This is where I am at - should read up on VCRA

the photo id membership cards have not yet happened

perhaps they should/will one day but mainly common sense applies and goes without saying:

GET A BAG - always carry your gun in a bag unless you want to attract the wrong kind of attention

for the member and the sport, I know I act the fool a bit but certain things just require mature common sense

(the bit when I do try & act my age - in effect don't f*ck about where stuff like airsoft weapons and safety are concerned)

Sites do keep a record of all players not just for peeps getting UKARA think they have to keep names at least

Along with any waivers and parent consent forms for younger players

Don't want to go too far or criticise any imperfections, but it is just something we all accept and conform to if

we want to continue, it is not 101% perfect but it atm allows us to continue to play without too many ott checks.

Hopefully it will stay that way - not a lot to ask to allow us to continue playing the game/sport we love

Please don't flame me if I appear critical of it all - I'm not, I respect the few minor steps to obtain a UKARA

but more importantly will conduct myself in a mature responsible way - though I may not always seem like it

that may be it but they are pretty hot on keeping records on a database of who attended on each date. i believe they do have a membership but they know their members by name so a card seems unnecessary.

how do i get my UKARA number? will the site simply tell me the number or will i receive something by post?

Your UKARA number will be POW01249 for example. This is your site membership number also.

Once you hit your UKARA requirement POW issue you a plastic membership card which is also your UKARA number.

Your UKARA will take a a week or so to process though, as they drop it off or post it to Airsoft World as and when they can the week after your game.

• 2 weeks later...

Woo hooo finally got UKARA and on database at last

now the hard bit - growing up and being a responsible adult

don't do it, I did and it sucks.

still only played 2 games for UKARA requirement, not to start a debate but bloody retailers registration sucks bum..

I can pay taxes, buy an air Rifle (potential killer), drink, drive and buy cigarettes.

want to buy an Airsoft gun and you have to be registered (unless you want two tone).

I hope my UKARA doesn't take to long hoping to purchase a RIF before I go to NAE.

Rant end.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.