What Scar H has the best internals?

ItsAJ

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys literally just joined the site, I have been debating for the past 6 weeks what AEG scar to get and every time I make a decision I change my mind.

ATM there is three options I'm seriously considering and that's the

-Tokyo Marui Recoil Shock

-VFC Mk17

-WE MK17

From the dozens of forums and reviews what I can gather is that the TM is possibly the best internally but hard to upgradce but not impossible, the VFC being average, but bad shims and a bit flimsy for an expensive price tag but being a ver2 gearbox is easier to upgrade and the WE I don't have a clue about.

I really don't care about proprietary mags and stuff, that stuff doesn't concern me. I just want to buy the best working and performing scar with the best reliability for under £550.

I probably won't be upgrading any internals soon but in the future I will.

Maybe somebody can give me some advice.

FPS also don't matter as I'm in Northern Ireland and we can only have a max of 328fps anyway.

Also if anybody know where I can pick up the TM for less than 540.00 let me know!

Cheers lads.

The TM is better, although its a shame it still has an exposed battery wire in the folding stock and the VFC doesn't.

The more reviews I watch from experienced people the more I realise VFC is popular because they do really nice externals. The internals are pretty bad but that is OK because the people that buy them intend to upgrade the gears, shims, piston, cylinder, barrel and hop anyway. Then you can get a great gun given the appropriate outlay on replacement parts.

I didn't even look in to the WE gun because its definitely third in this comparison.

• Supporters

The wire does show however it's quite thick and only shows a very small amount- certainly not something that'd get damaged that's for sure. As for externals, the VFC plastic parts are better, the upper receivers are about equal however the TM colours match very closely to the real thing whereas the VFC are noticeably different and the WE isn't even close.

The VFC is better value for money (and that's from a TM owner), but if you have the money, really do go for the TM.

Well that was pretty one sided haha , as expected to be honest.
I guess its the TM for me then!

I found it at 500 pounds its for the version 2 shoot and recoil shock, is that the latest version out?
What battery would you guys run a stock TM on then? I really just don't have a clue when it comes to them! I think I read one guy was using a 1600mah 7.4v, but like the gun I want to get the best I can, I don't see the point on doing things by halfs.

Version 2 is the gearbox shape not how new it is.

Learning haha

Anybody know whats the best battery for the TM?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.