will this receiver fit???

ronin677

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,

I have this M16a1 VN and I believe it is a G&G model (not 100% sure though, but it strips the same as my GR16 and has markings similar to the G&G version)

Picture027.jpg

My lower receiver is cracked and I'm looking to replace it. Does anyone think this receiver on ebay would fit?

_57.jpg

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=291176954278

thanks guys and gals

• Supporters

Maybe. Looks pretty rough for the price though.

Maybe. Looks pretty rough for the price though.

True but I'd strip it down anyway and hope the body underneath it ok. I think I might take the chance and risk it.

• Supporters

True but I'd strip it down anyway and hope the body underneath it ok. I think I might take the chance and risk it.

Dunno. The front pin hole looks a bit rounded out and the upper rear where the back end of the upper receiver sits looks quite rough.

Still....it's your money ;)

Just a heads up, pretty sure that isn't a g&g, I dont think they do older AR15s and they tend to use fake trades.

Gonna sound ignorant now but what do you mean by 'fake trades'? Does that mean you doubt it will fit a G&G upper?

• Supporters

I mean most companies will replicate the trademarks from real guns, whereas g&g use their own made up stuff which judging by your current lower would suggest that it's not a g&g/

I mean most companies will replicate the trademarks from real guns, whereas g&g use their own made up stuff which judging by your current lower would suggest that it's not a g&g/

Yep I think your right. I think it is in fact a G&P

I suspect now this won't fit due to the tube sticking out of the G&P lower receiver. This ebay one doesn't have that

Yeah yours is a G&P (well the receiver is at least - its identical to one I have, down to the same serial no.).

The ebay one won't suit and I wouldn't touch it tbh, looking close at the image it looks to me like the top at the back has been damaged (or even broken & repaired), and (being as its not threaded for a screw in stock tube,) the tubular extension which holds the stock tube has broken / been cut off, hence the back edge looks rough as others have said, where it should be flat, so there is nothing to keep the stock in place. Looks like a bad repaint too. Better to get a new clone M4 upper & lower for around £40 from likes of Airsoftworld, Actionhobbies etc, or another G&P (albeit £100+) from Firesupport to keep its original Vietnam looks possibly?

lol I am still on the hunt for a lower receiver. Found this on and it really does look almost identical to mine. Do you all think this could be compatible with my G&P upper receiver?

MB-JG-M4-LOWER.jpg

MB-JG-M4-LOWER-2.jpg

Depends how fussed you are on appearance really, if you put an M4 receiver on it you will lose the iconic Vietnam old school look and end up with something of a hybrid, so may be worth searching out a G&P M16vn or M16A1 lower?

Hi guys,

sorry to keep this thread going but just found this and as its a G&P i'm trying to fix, will this lower receiver work?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271542884704?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

cheers again

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.