Redwolf August Weekender

EvilMonkee

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

22-24 Aug at MOD Lydd FIBUA village. Anyone else going?

Also, any chance of having an Events section on the forum? Couldnt see one.

We will have to have a meet up mate. What team you going? US Rangers for me and my mate

• Supporters

So is this on top of the Ground Zero NAE Weekender, BritTac Weekender at Copehill Down (immediately after their multimillion pound renovation) and the Gunman Innovations Weekender all on the same weekend already?

Not only are all 4 in the South East several are already very well established.........

• 3 weeks later...
  • Supporters

There is now another one to add to my list, Stirling airsoft weekender 23rd and 24th at the sandpit!

That's 5!

• Supporters

I realise that, but 5 weekender events, all within a circle just over 70miles radius from central London. (Except NAE which is 100ish). Not only that Lydd is the furthest south east of them all so potentially many players will drive past other events to get to Lydd.

I realise that, but 5 weekender events, all within a circle just over 70miles radius from central London. (Except NAE which is 100ish). Not only that Lydd is the furthest south east of them all so potentially many players will drive past other events to get to Lydd.

And it's the weekend after AI500, so that strikes 2 off my list for the bank holiday weekend :P (NAE after 3 years ago, never again. And Stirling as I'd rather not do the same site twice in a week)

True, but the big attraction of Lydd is that it is an MOD FIBUA village, you rarely get a chance to play on one that isnt involved with a MilSim company event, certainly main reason I am going.

Don't know mate - for more info best bet is the Facebook page which is a LOT better info wise than the website

Don't think they are too bothered by guns its more having proper colours for each side, so desert vs green or civvie load out basically. I am bringing a spare gun that you potentially could use if they don't allow 2 tones

Civvie load out I can do, ha.. ;)

I'll check it out. Thanks for offer of armament too

• Supporters

When you say there aren't many chances to play Lydd other than Milsim events is that because it's not well publicised that two companies either have or have had monthly access to Lydd's Serial 40, Elite Action Games (EAG) and Elite Battle Zone. EAG its 1 Sunday a month since December and the deal I believe is for a year.

By the way I'm all for more events etc, I just find it hard to wrap my head around the business models that have caused 5 fairly large events to take place all in roughly the same area of the country on the same weekend. And that had they been more spread out there are many people, myself included who would play more of them.

eg. I was booked on the BattleTac weekender at Copehill when it was supposed to be back in May time. I'm going to GZ that weekend because its a team tradition and the largest turn out for us every year. I'd love to play Lydd but the dates for EAG have always been out or booked up well in advance. I've only just done a weekender at the Sandpit and would love to do another and I would like to give a Stirling game a go but its way too soon for another one.

Would have to its not been well advertised.

If I had known about it may still have gone NAE.

I think I have looked I to going to play here with few friends just because of MOD village hey if it's open once a month might have a lol then

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.