Hop up question

ronin677

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys

Could anyone tell me what this 'pin' is on a G&G hop up unit (see pic)

gygy-20-006-m16_1_mark.jpg

My GR16 is only firing about 100ft before the bb's curve to the ground. The hop up doesn't seem to alter the spin on the round at all. I've replaced the hop up rubber and cleaned the barrel but it makes zero difference

any advice?

haha ok I have just researched how to maintain a hop up unit

here is my repaired hop up unit and yes the nub was there (but i replaced it with a new one anyway). I will test it again tomorrow and see if there is any difference.

I'm suspecting the barrel was upside down and so the nub was not able to deform the bucking rubber (thats what I'm hoping). I let you all know

20140703_224105.jpg

btw are there meant to be any o ring seal on the hop up?

• Supporters

Some guns have O rings placed along the barrel to centre it. These usually end up getting pushed up to the front end of the hop up unit as you put the barrel in.

Some guns have O rings placed along the barrel to centre it. These usually end up getting pushed up to the front end of the hop up unit as you put the barrel in.

ahhhh I found one of these and couldn't for the life of me figure out what it was for because it was near the hop up. Being nearer the end of the barrel makes perfect sense

ok so i tested it tonight. It instantly fires further than before with the hop up adjust as low as it will go. I then added hop up and it seemed to get slightly worse with less distance until the hop up was almost fully wound up, then the bb's were firing out drastically to the left before arcing back to the right!!!! I thought they arced upwards with lots of back spin

anyone??????

the barrel is mounted correctly with the cut out of the barrel against the hop up nub

hahahaha

ok so 1 day later and all is fine.

I took the rife to pieces again, checked out the entire hop up and meticulously put it back together again. It fires like a dream now :D

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.