M4 mags.

Finius

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

LOL. HAI GAIZ I GOT A GNU AN IS DA BEST AN NEED UBER 1337 MAGZ FOR MAH 360NOSCOPING.

No.

I've now disposed of most of my gear due to not really skirmishing a lot as I don't drive and I don't know anyone locally well enough to cadge a lift (also recently become addicted to plastic crack cocai...I mean Warhammer 40k).

I've decided to just keep my M4, it took me several years to build and it's my baby, it's also set up just right for me.

However, there's a problem.

Green label and genuine magpul eMags fall out of it when running, I've replaced the mag catch a couple of times to no avail.

Now, I think there's a few possibilities here.

1. The mag catches I've put in aren't substantial enough - does anyone know of any that have extra metal on the magwell side to hold mags firmly?

2. The magwell itself is too big - this is possible, I can't recall the brand but you can't actually get these receivers, they were only produced in limited quantities a long time ago, I don't know of any manufacturers who ever got the magwell too wide though.

3. Magpul products are sh*te - this is true either way, whether this is the cause of my embuggerance is up for dispute.

Any thoughts/anyone had similar issues/know of suitable solutions for my woes?

Cheers AF-UK.

(also recently become addicted to plastic crack cocai...I mean Warhammer 40k).

Bratha.

I work on a fair amount of ACM so I am accustomed to hilariously bad casting and tolerance fucks ups,then again even higher end brands sometimes struggle to keep tolerances from batch to batch,probably due to mold changes.

Extra material on the mag catch should help,most are made of very cheap and crappy zinc based alloys which wear down,especially with metal mags. a steel catch should help in securing them better.

I find the best method is simply some electrical tape around the top of the mag or some soft velcro inside the reciever. Both are tried and proven to work well. No need to go around reinventing the wheel.

It;s just a

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.