Face/eye protection

Dan88

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I'm going for my first time on Sunday, iv got some mesh goggles and mesh half face mask (ebay specials for 15 quid)

I was wondering what you lot use? Just eye or full protection, not looking forward to a bb in the cheek with just eye protection ha

ATM I have ASG Strike Systems goggles, ESS Ice glasses and a cheap 'zombie' mesh face mask thingy.

In the process of modding my half face mask so that hopefully the ASG goggles will fit better.

Would rather just use my shemagh but I'm under 18 so I've got to wear full face.

Need to buy some new goggles as well, looking at Bolle cobras.

For intense CQB (i.e. Office blocks, lots of nooks and cranny type sites) then I wear one of these:

http://www.ebairsoft.com/wire-mesh-templar-mask-black-tb562-p-6921.html

Gives me a wider field of vision than most other "Army of Two" style masks yet completely protects my face and ears. I've had it since I started and despite a few chips/battle scars it has never failed me. Will be using this at my next game at The Towers in Leicester on Saturday.

For everything else I run a pair of these:

http://www.tactical-kit.co.uk/smith-optics-elite-boogie-regulator-goggle-10085-p.asp

Lenses are tinted in the "Igniter" (red) colour and I use it with a lower mesh mask and a hat/helmet of some description. Never had an issue with fogging and is rated to take hits from things beyond what you'd see at an airsoft event (I hope haha) :)

Sometimes I combine the two at woodland sites (mask + goggles) if people are using cheap bio BBs since these are more prone to shattering.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.