Gun presumed dead, need some advice!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

My battery died so I took it out and put it on charge, I then went on the do some work on the gun, some things needed tightening etc. After having an iron sight that is stuck in place for a very long time I tried to remove it by hitting it hard...

Then the metal top bar came out and it seemed as if it was going to come off with the barrel but it didn't, I put the battery back in shortly after it ran out and it didn't fire, 3 questions:

1. Can lots of banging and shakes cause the insides of the gun to break?

2. How long does it take for a stick lipo battery to charge enough before you can fire a few shots?

3. Should I just saw the rest of the iron sight off since its going to have to be replaced now anyway, and is there another way to take it off?

Thanks for any help, I will try not to smash up my gun again,

Regards,

GREG

Where to start. . . . ? May be an idea to put some pics on so we can see the problems you've got? But yeah you should never have to hit it hard with anything as metal parts in particular can break under the stress.

Was it the front site? Im pretty sure they dont come off on some G&G models, they are moulded to the barrel.

My battery died so I took it out and put it on charge, I then went on the do some work on the gun, some things needed tightening etc. After having an iron sight that is stuck in place for a very long time I tried to remove it by hitting it hard...

Then the metal top bar came out and it seemed as if it was going to come off with the barrel but it didn't, I put the battery back in shortly after it ran out and it didn't fire, 3 questions:

1. Can lots of banging and shakes cause the insides of the gun to break?

2. How long does it take for a stick lipo battery to charge enough before you can fire a few shots?

3. Should I just saw the rest of the iron sight off since its going to have to be replaced now anyway, and is there another way to take it off?

To start with, if you ran your Lipo flat, it may well be dead. Or dangerous. Possibly a bit of both.

Lithium polymer batteries should never be run flat, it can permanently kill the cells and in worst case scenarios potentially make them catch fire/explode.

In regards to the gun damage, shake/bang anything enough and it'll break eventually. Depends how hard you hit it!

Well I'm trying to get pictures from my phone but it doesn't seem to be working, but from the outside it seems fine, I didn't really hit it that hard just tried to get the whole barrel off, which started to happen, the metal piece that connects it to the gun and the ring came off and I thought it was coming off. But it just got stuck. But I think some of the pieces seem to have moved. I have a metal piece for gas blowback which has shifted and the mag eject button has shifted to a weird angle. The battery just ran out of charge before hand and I have been charging for 15-20 mins, i'll wait till fully charged before trying again.

I mess around and fix my gun a lot so I thought it would be fine, I just don't mess around with the stuff within the metal receiver. Do you have any idea what part may have moved, or broke? Is there a way of fixing this or will I have to buy new parts?

Keep an eye on it while charging, if it suddenly balloons up, get it outside on to something non flammable asap. Then dump it in salt water.

Well now the situation seems worse, I seem to have a ticking time bomb in my house! Thanks for the warning.

With all the rattling and banging you may have inadvertantly disconnected the spade connectors to the motor. Have a look at those.

Everyone worries about lipos. They are fine, just don't run them flat.

Also make sure you are careful charging them and don't hit one with a stick.

Apart from that they are awesome and totally worth it over nimh.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.