Cleaning the barrel - rubbing alcohol

RedFox89

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys,

Played my first game day with my A&K M4 and I just wanted to know about cleaning the barrel for future reference.

I have seen people say rubbing alcohol is good to clean with - is this product what I'm looking for?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/360771649160

Any suggestions, links to other products would be appreciated.

Thanks!

• Supporters

or you could buy the swabs if you don't want to buy in bulk

get 100 or so swabs very cheap - same 70/30 ratio in swabs - quick simple & throw away

or buy 99% pure in bottle but 5ltr is cheaper option but not so easy to carry to skirmish etc...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/400442156564

I have bought a few of these for various use - yes you can get 100 cheaper but with these you get

the brand you pay for rather than be sent any other type they have to hand

Like these? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/281195671144?limghlpsr=true&hlpv=2&ops=true&viphx=1&hlpht=true&lpid=108&device=c&adtype=pla&crdt=0&ff3=1&ff11=ICEP3.0.0&ff12=67&ff13=80&ff14=108&ff19=0

Then I'm assuming you just wrap it around the cleaning rod?

I'm thinking of using the idea of using cigarette filters and pushing them down the barrel with some white spirit or rubbing alcohol on. You can get the filters by the thousands really cheap if you want.

You can even do this with some silicon lubricant. Heck the cleaning works just with some cut up kitchen towel and no liquid at all. You don't need to get fancy about cleaning the barrel, just running some ripped up kitchen towel will more than do the job.

• Supporters

I was just saying if alcohol is a MUST have for cleaning

rather than buy bottles of 70/30 or 99% isoprol

just get some wipes - not that expensive and less messing about

can be used safely on numerous things to clean etc....

cut/tear it to size, pop in your rod - oooh ergh missus, clean barrel - throw away

(no spills - no fuss & easy quick to do at half time if you like)

everybody uses different stuff & methods/techniques just pointing out the swab option

Kitchen roll can leave little chunks of stuff inside the barrel(But one or two shots to clear it won;t do any harm) but it depends on the brand of roll,one roll I use did not fall apart while another did. Cut up an old T-shirt for strips,soak it in white spirit you can buy in nearly every supermarket and you will be fine.

• Supporters

Kitchen roll rarely breaks up

Toilet roll does break up when wet - it is desgined to to help flushing etc....

Kitchen roll is fine - Bounty - one sheet type of thing or cheap no frills Kitchen roll should not break up

one type is for ya ar$e & gets caught on ya kilngons - the other is for ya gun

gun or bum - two types of roll - and no don't point ya gun up ya ar$e either

Crikey what have I started! Lol.

Just wanted to ask as a beginner, I would like to learn more maintenance and how-to stuff to look after my weapons, rather than pay for it to be done.

Although I do understand sometimes you do need a pro to look at your weapon!

I use motorcycle brake cleaner.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.