general thoughts on this (stts Celsius tier 3)

team flex

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Never heard of this until yesterday, and now really liking it.

http://www.s-t-t-s.com/s-t-t-s-weapon-packages/25-s-t-t-s-tier-3-package.html#!prettyPhoto

Is this in anyway better than the TM scar H. I like the look of it, but I wouldn't be getting it for some time, so I was wondering if people could help me identify why it is so much.

also: thoughts on this http://www.s-t-t-s.com/home/15-celcius-dtw-m4-cqb-training-weapon.html#!prettyPhoto

thanks for helping the noob out (sorry for all threads)

I've heard they're pretty hit-and-miss and there's a 50% chance you'll get a bad one. On the other hand, I don't think you can really go wrong with a Marui.

I'm guessing it's that price because it is a competitor with Systema. Systema PTWs are £800+

These guns have MOSFETs / ECUs, bolt-lock (stops firing) and other features that as far as I know, have only started to be introduced fairly recently by other manufacturers. I know Marui have had them with their Recoil series but aside from that they were the only ones I think (non-PTW)

Also has a split gearbox for quick maintenace / cylinder change and more realistic takedown by the look of it. Not to mention the apparent build quality of PTWs. After all they are marketed at LE and military for force-on-force training. I guess this is why they are expensive.

I've heard they're pretty hit-and-miss and there's a 50% chance you'll get a bad one.

this what worries me. When you say a bad one, what does this exactly mean, and how bad do they get?

this what worries me. When you say a bad one, what does this exactly mean, and how bad do they get?

To be honest I'm not entirely sure. I've just heard that you could end up getting one that doesn't work very well that's a bit of a lemon.

That said, if you did, you could just send it back and get a replacement I guess.

I've heard they're pretty hit-and-miss and there's a 50% chance you'll get a bad one. On the other hand, I don't think you can really go wrong with a Marui.

I'm guessing it's that price because it is a competitor with Systema. Systema PTWs are £800+

These guns have MOSFETs / ECUs, bolt-lock (stops firing) and other features that as far as I know, have only started to be introduced fairly recently by other manufacturers. I know Marui have had them with their Recoil series but aside from that they were the only ones I think (non-PTW)

Also has a split gearbox for quick maintenace / cylinder change and more realistic takedown by the look of it. Not to mention the apparent build quality of PTWs. After all they are marketed at LE and military for force-on-force training. I guess this is why they are expensive.

TM Bolt lock is all mechanical.

PTWs are expensive due to the production costs of a planetary gear system and gearbox. The Motors are also expensive to produce(Yet still need to be re-wound and modded to be height adjustable for the best performance)

hop ups are also not as good as a Marui style design,Marui didn't allow Systema rights of use to their hop up mechanism so Systema had to knock something up themselves but couldn't nail it since Marui restricted them. You can mod PTW hops to perform just as well as a TM type one. They offer no better performance over a well tuned AEG or even a stock recoil shock out of the box,simply because of the design.

PTWs are hit and miss because manufacturers try to cut as many corners as possible because the production cost is so high. FCC PTWs cost 2000+ for very good reasons(Also a reason why their receivers are not part of the Cracking lottery). PTWs have their disadvantages like any platform. They are just very expensive,and the bang for buck factor is honestly terrible. But You can get them working very well,their motors by design are fantastic performers(Hence the fantastic trigger response) And real dimensions are very nice.

found a video on the ctw, and apparently the accuracy is incredible. I'm guessing celsius isn't a very big company?

whats the difference between systema ptw and celsius ptw, and overall does the tier 3 look like it would be worth it over the scar H. I don't mind maintenance and don't worry about "If I have to send it back", thats fine with me. EDIT: also, I don't mind if it is that realistic, doesn't add much to the skirmishing value apart from bragging before or after, which isn't something I would be looking to do.

A guy at the site I play at bought one, he had a lot of problems which took a while to sort ( under warranty I presume) and he seems happy with it now. The TIER packages IIRC come with lots of extras like mags, sights, electronics, batteries etc which push the price up to not a whole lot less than a Systema, and if I was spending that sort of cash personally I'd go for the latter,well I can dream lol!

Been there, done that - I had 2 lemon's in a row. 1 direct from STTS and the other through JD, so they are consistent in being unreliable at least. Sold them on, and just got more GBBR's to replace them :P

Been there, done that - I had 2 lemon's in a row. 1 direct from STTS and the other through JD, so they are consistent in being unreliable at least. Sold them on, and just got more GBBR's to replace them :P

how were JD airsoft in sorting them out? I really want this gun, but it seems they are heavily unrealible

Tac can you clear this up, what actually is a ptw. And I will probably take your advice, not enough pluses and too many negatives I guess...

From my understanding, a PTW (Professional Training Weapon) is an airsoft gun specified for armed police and counter terrorist/urban warfare training, where assault rifles firing blank ammunition are impractical.

They are made with high quality materials and real world tolerances- so any part of a real M4 that features on a PTW M4 will be the same dimensions as the real M4's.

One of the external changes I know of from normal M4 AEGs is a thinner pistol grip to the dimensions of the real M4, as I believe the PTW's motor is thinner or set in a different location to a normal M4 AEG's.

I've also heard of them simulating real world weapon stoppages which can only be cleared by carrying out real world stoppage drills. As well as this they have a functioning bolt stop which holds the bolt back when the magazine is empty.

Idk much else about them really.

The reason I'd choose a TM Recoil model over them is because you'd be spending less for a reliable brand, you get the nice recoil function (not sure if PTWs have this or not) you also get TM's legendary hop unit and godlike range as well as mags which can be switched from 30rnd capacity to 150 odd rnd capacity with the flick of a switch on the mag.

I'd actually ask other members about TM Recoils if I was you, as only know what people have said about them- and I've only seen 1 in the flesh :P

ok thanks for the advice. As I said, It will be some time before I even have enough money for this, so I will be able to get plenty of experience before hand, thanks for the help :)

• Supporters

ok thanks for the advice. As I said, It will be some time before I even have enough money for this, so I will be able to get plenty of experience before hand, thanks for the help :)

See - this is the other thing I like about you. You get all of a lather about some shiney new thing, someone says "don't be a dick" and you say" oh..OK then". We likes n00bs that listen :)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.