New airsoft muzzle flash technology?

CaptainDumbass

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Seen this earlier on facebrick... Still on the fence bout this. I'm just not sure if the flare looks right. Real steel flare is more burst of gasses look whereas this looks a little strobey to me. It might just be the cam doesn't pick it up very well or something. Ideally I'd wanna see this in the flesh

I looked at this and thought that initially it just looked like a glorified torch that attaches to the front of your barrel, but zero one released a video of it in a dark CQB environment and for a few scenes it actually looked pretty good, but I wouldn't pay £110 for a gimmick-y torch

What they should do is make it so it uses Co2 cartridges further in the handguards. Make it release a bit of gas on each shot somehow. Then the shape of the muzzle break can contribute to a bot of recoil?

What they should do is make it so it uses Co2 cartridges further in the handguards. Make it release a bit of gas on each shot somehow. Then the shape of the muzzle break can contribute to a bot of recoil?

You could be onto something mate

Somebody get this guy a long white coat and some glasses

You could pass the CO2 after the round, just a follow up of 10ms after detection would be sufficient. But it might start to interfere with the next round. At 800 RPM you only have 75 milliseconds between shots and that isn't a lot of time and follow on rounds might very well go through some amount of unstable CO2 so its only going to work well for single shots. Bullets don't get impacted too much by the dirty air as they are so heavy, but a BB could be enormously deflected by turbulent CO2.

Does it come with a neon "AIM HERE" sign to stick on your head? Because you'd get rinsed real fast using one of those at pretty much any game owing to the "giving away your position" factor.

No. Just no.

I know that Co2 along with the BB would of course interfere with direction of travel. But with a well designed Muzzle break you could theoretically separate the two by having the Co2 escape in a direction around 5 degrees away from the BB should be enough. There are some things which I'd love to see in airsoft but they'd never be improving the performance of any RIF so they are really pointless.

I would love to see a GBBR hybrid with an AEG. Use lowcap mags with a gas resevoir where all the gas goes to the bolt (awesome blowback) and the AEG drives all the BB. (If timed well in a good system could be a really interesting piece of airsoft engineering

Spewing BBs can either be fixed with a different hop unit that holds the extra BBs or alternatively you can get a magazine with a follower that makes it so every BB is fed and when you reload there are none in the chamber. If you do a tactical reload you'll still loose rounds but not on an empty.

• Supporters

I just messaged these guys to see if they'd be interested in sending me a unit for review, some gameplay footage, general promotional stuff.

Really, I just wanted one as a giveaway to promote my channel, because I think the whole thing is stupid...

Anyway, they declined, but offered me a unit at a discounted price... Of £95

L

O

L

If these things sell, I will hang my guns on the wall and stop playing the game. You would have to be literally brain dead to pay £120 for a strobe light with a laser trip sensor in it. I bet I could build a better looking thing for less than half the price.

If they were under £50, I think they might be just about pricing it right for what you get. But ONE HUNDRED AND FU*KING TWENTY?! Seriously?!

If they were under £50, I think they might be just about pricing it right for what you get. But ONE HUNDRED AND FU*KING TWENTY?! Seriously?!

Agreed. :(

They're manufacturing them in England so no doubt it's a fairly small scale operation. Higher wages than Asia as well...It's a new product too.

Nevertheless, even with the price of airsoft in Europe, there's no reason to be charging so much for it.

A tracer unit must be more complicated or at least very similar in operation (same kind of thing; a sensor, a few LEDs. Shoved in an aluminium tube)

£30 up to £100 for an expensive overpriced Madbull one but still not £120.

A tracer probably just leaves the LED running all the time, its pretty cheap to just make a circuit with some batteries and a few LEDs in a trace. But this device has to detect the movement of the BB, be it via pressure, movement or whatever mechanism it uses, then light up. That is definitely more complicated, its not as simple a circuit. I still think its overpriced for what it is and I am sure other companies will do it much cheaper. I would really like to see people using this, would be awesome to get some muzzle flashes going but its not going to get wide spread adoption at this price.

• Supporters

A tracer unit doesn't leave the light on all the time, they normally have an IR sensor hooked up to a high intensity flashbulb (or 2 in the case of the TM tracer) which flashes exactly as the BB passes by.

Despite all that, you can still pick up a B&T tracer unit for less than $50.

A tracer probably just leaves the LED running all the time, its pretty cheap to just make a circuit with some batteries and a few LEDs in a trace. But this device has to detect the movement of the BB, be it via pressure, movement or whatever mechanism it uses, then light up. That is definitely more complicated, its not as simple a circuit. I still think its overpriced for what it is and I am sure other companies will do it much cheaper. I would really like to see people using this, would be awesome to get some muzzle flashes going but its not going to get wide spread adoption at this price.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.