New Battery and increasing Range/FPS?

Lord_Metile

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Actually, a more powerful battery could increase fps which could mean more range because the motor will spin faster and fling the piston back further, which could result in the piston going back just a little bit further than with a low powered battered compared.

This is all theory cuz i don't actually know myself.

Just get a new hop and maybe a tbb.

No, now you know.

Nah,AEGs always cycle fully,unless you have a short stroked sector or piston or if it's stripped.

Motor spinning speed has no effect on the tension of the spring or air seal quality.

If you want more effective range:

New hop up unit. ICS are not strong in hop up. You can mod the ICS upper to take a TM unit IIRC but it's a bit of bother.

New hop up rubber. ICS are not strong in these either. PDi W hold,Firefly,Laylax/prometheus,Marui,Lonex and G&G make very good buckings. Make sure to seal it up with dental floss.

More velocity & more consistant air output- Use heavy ammo with high velocity guns or else all the gains go to shit.Either jam in a new spring,get a TBB or do some air seal mods to get better consistency. Better consistency will means the BBs will be more stable in flight which means more range.

New barrel or polish your stock one. Most stock barrels are usable and some polishing to even out the often poor inner finish can do wonders. Easy to cock up. Don't spin the cleaning rod to create swirls or uneven material removal,push in and out like the birds and the bees. PDi,Laylax,ZCI,Lonex/ASG Ultimate and Madbull make good barrels. Avoid madbull steel bull for the time being,severe machining issues like pitting and such from rushed work.

Heavier ammo. Retains kinetic energy better,retains spin better.

'Accuracy' mods also give more range,it;s common sense.

Yep, I've tried the poor mans chrono. It doesn't make much of a difference.

You do know what a hop up is? it seems like you think it its a fps slider. The hop up puts spin on the bbs so that they curve upwards as they lose energy giving you more range.

You do know what a hop up is? it seems like you think it its a fps slider. The hop up puts spin on the bbs so that they curve upwards as they lose energy giving you more range.

I know what it is. I keep thinking of it as an FPS slider even though I know it's not. However, people have said they've gained/lost 20+ fps by adjusting it.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.