New Battery and increasing Range/FPS?

Lord_Metile

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Alright, first things first I know the charging equation. Also, I know that Range =/= FPS. So my range is alright but I'm not too good with it. Also, my battery died on me in the last game. So I died and I just spoke to some guys at the dead zone. So anyone know any good battery's and chargers? I hear that MaH = Battery life. Voltage = ROF. So, I found this:

http://www.surplusstore.co.uk/bb-guns/bb-gun-accessories/batteries-chargers/li-po-batteries-chargers/vp-li-po-balance-charger.html

I don't want to spend too much on a battery but what I plan to do is to take my gun to Surplus store and ask them to put a new spring in. Any ideas?

• Supporters

This charger: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Digital-IMAX-B6AC-Balancing-Charger300mAh/dp/B00GGBC8WA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1404145806&sr=8-1&keywords=imax+b6 would be much better.

Range and FPS don't have a great deal to do with the battery, but rof does. It's not just about the voltage though. LiPo batteries deliver their current differently which gives you higher rate of fire and improved trigger response. Personally I'd stick with 7.4v rather than 11.1v purely because it'll put less stress on your gearbox. Something around 1600mAh should last you all day unless you're hammering the full auto a lot! Of course you cold always get 2 batteries and swap them halfway through the day if you needed to.

I don't tend to spray on full auto as we have a rule on that. However, I will stick to a 7.4v with a high milliampage. Anyways, what would you suggest on the range?

FPS increase is always nice though. I generally bring guns to the very limit to squeeze every bit of performance. Allows BBs to fly a wee bit faster and you have to track targets less. Very noticeable gains with heavier weights. Does not determine range but it does have a sizable impact on performance.

I use this battery:http://www.componentshop.co.uk/7-4v-2600mah-cranestock-battery.html

I can get up to 10000 shot and used about 3k bbs in a skirmish and when I got back it was at 7.75v - max being 8.4v

I also bought this charger: http://www.componentshop.co.uk/accucel-6-digital-charger-3282.html

but if you think its pricey you can get it £10 cheaper without the connecter to a 3 pin, if you need pics I can show you the connector used. I heard it is a clone of the imax but if you want to buy everything from 1 store it would be great to get and does a great job. My gun is powered very nicely by the battery and the charger doesn't take very long to charge.... feel free to pm me if you have any questions about it.

If you have the hop up all the way down are your BBs doing a lot of flying upwards? Its not uncommon for them to seriously gain height as they slow down if the hop is on really high and that will produce its own set of accuracy problems. It bring better range but its less predictable.

I have an idea. Considering ICS guns have a quick spring change system. I could keep my spring for CQB and garden. Then I'll get a 340 fps spring for field.

if you're having trouble hitting people it's because you're not a very good shot, not because your gun needs another 30 fps.

thats a bit harsh, I think he was trying to say maybe he wasn't getting the aim, or maybe the accuracy/hop up whatever wasn't set up properly. No need to go round picking bones with people...

• Supporters

thats a bit harsh, I think he was trying to say maybe he wasn't getting the aim, or maybe the accuracy/hop up whatever wasn't set up properly. No need to go round picking bones with people...

"I think he was trying to say" is all well and good, what he ACTUALLY said though is something different. He said he finds it hard to hit targets, more FPS will not fix that.

• Supporters

if you're having trouble hitting people it's because you're not a very good shot, not because your gun needs another 30 fps.

Another possibility is that he just doesn't appreciate what the range of his gun is. Lots of people don't.

But to be honest....it's what I was thinking.

• Supporters

thats a bit harsh

Actually it was pretty restrained for James.

Sometimes, people need telling the harsh truth though. There's only so much smoke a person needs blown up their arse. It's difficult to determine the cause of the failure to hit targets from a few words on the internet though. When my M4 was failing to hit people it really was down to the gun though. Even with the hop set right it would barely get 15m.

Maybe a bit more description of the problem the OP is having would help.

hi buddy

i am selling my ics m4 of which i get a consitant 330fps and a rof of 30 bb's per sec. pleases take a look it would be a good next step for you.

http://www.airsoft-forums.co.uk/index.php/topic/21851-ics-m4-custom/

thanks and let me know

hi buddy

i am selling my ics m4 of which i get a consitant 330fps and a rof of 30 bb's per sec. pleases take a look it would be a good next step for you.

http://www.airsoft-forums.co.uk/index.php/topic/21851-ics-m4-custom/

thanks and let me know

At what point did he state he wanted a new gun....?

I'm crying :'( Apologize or I'll get my mum on you!!!111 Seriously though, I'm not that bad at accuracy. Just the range is lacking. I get lots of kills in a game. Just the range.

• Supporters

I'm crying :'( Apologize or I'll get my mum on you!!!111 Seriously though, I'm not that bad at accuracy. Just the range is lacking. I get lots of kills in a game. Just the range.

Have you tried adjusting your hop?

Actually, a more powerful battery could increase fps which could mean more range because the motor will spin faster and fling the piston back further, which could result in the piston going back just a little bit further than with a low powered battered compared.

This is all theory cuz i don't actually know myself.

Just get a new hop and maybe a tbb.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.