Tokyo marui famas spring up grade

millermonsterNI

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys/girls

Im looking to up grade my spring in my famas to get extra fps. I was wondering if anyone has done this before and if so is the original spring attached to piston and if so do I need to get new piston as well? Also im looking to get around 300-330fps will m90 spring give me this in version 1 gearbox?

Cheers

First off I've not owned one so can't speak from experience, the following is based on info I've read a while back. The TM FAMAS was pretty much the first proper AEG, but I've read in AI mag that its not easy to upgrade due to many non-standard parts. If I remember correctly the spring can be changed ok, but the motor (is it the EG560?) isn't very powerful and doesn't have the torque for higher power springs, and is pretty much unique to the version 1 gearbox meaning alternatives may be hard to find. The gears I believe are also unique to this box and, not being steel, may not stand up to much use with stronger springs - again,should the worst happen and a gear fail you may have trouble finding replacements.

If you've had it a while it may be worth replacing the HOP rubber (I think its standard and genuine TM ones cost a mere fiver from Firesupport), and maybe consider a Madbull tightbore barrel which will help with accuracy and give a little more FPS.

The power may be quite low in the FAMAS but they are reputed to be accurate if everything is working correctly.

There is/was a ACM (chinese clone) FAMAS available which is supposedly more powerful so may be worth looking for one of those, possibly a damaged one, and salvage the gearbox from that?

Hope this helps. :)

Straffham hit the nail on the head,but left out a very common part failure on high power spring on the FAMAS. The Anti reversal latch fails very easily,and there are no replacements to you must have one custom machined. Basically,the whole drivetrain tends to commit sepukku hara kiri when on powerful springs.

The ACM clones use standard V2/V3 drivetrain parts and standard motors,with only the hop up,gearbox case and other smaller air seal parts remaining proprietary.

Cheers. Think I'll Leave It as it does shoot well and as old Saying Goes Don't fix it if its not broken.

Thanks again guy really grateful

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.