Expandable Baton, or like, Desperately Needed

geoffreym

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I'm putting the final parts together on my DREDD loadout and desperately need something that is like a collapsible baton used by the police, I've been using a lightsaber which doesn't feel/look right. It needs to extend to about 50cm and collapse to a minimum of 10cm. Price isn't really an issue, but I am desperate.

Pretty sure those would not be legal unless you managed to make a rubber one.

That's kind of the hope, training ASP's are not illegal, problem is that the only one I can find is in America and won't ship it.

Anybody know any good larp forums before I start applying for as many as I can find.

• Supporters

Anybody know any good larp forums before I start applying for as many as I can find.

You need to go to the Dredd Costume Group on www.therpf.com

• Supporters

I'm putting the final parts together on my DREDD loadout and desperately need something that is like a collapsible baton used by the police, I've been using a lightsaber which doesn't feel/look right. It needs to extend to about 50cm and collapse to a minimum of 10cm. Price isn't really an issue, but I am desperate.

Are you doing a 2012 film Dredd? Because there wasn't a baton in the film. A point which many have complained about!

Are you doing a 2012 film Dredd? Because there wasn't a baton in the film. A point which many have complained about!

It's of the same universe, but not a direct copy, should be finished in the next few weeks and I'll post up photos.

Along those lines, yes, but needs to be slightly more robust looking.

• Supporters

It's of the same universe, but not a direct copy, should be finished in the next few weeks and I'll post up photos.

In that case, Planet replicas do a licenced Judges Baton (it's out of stock at the moment) which is more akin to the comic version in that it's not an extending baton.

If you're intending to wear the costume out to events like MCM or LFCC you need to check the rules on weapons. If you have an extanding baton chances are it'll be metal so it'll be banned. Fixed batons need to be soft and/or flexible too (hence the PR one has a plastic core sleeved with closed cell foam).

In that case, Planet replicas do a licenced Judges Baton (it's out of stock at the moment) which is more akin to the comic version in that it's not an extending baton.

If you're intending to wear the costume out to events like MCM or LFCC you need to check the rules on weapons. If you have an extanding baton chances are it'll be metal so it'll be banned. Fixed batons need to be soft and/or flexible too (hence the PR one has a plastic core sleeved with closed cell foam).

Not really that interested in cosplay, it's a skirmish loadout primarily, I think I might have found someone who uses a carbon core which breaks into 3 pieces if hitting someone with any force, but no guarantee that it'll see the light of day though.

Just for anybody else if they wanted something similar, already ordered mine

www.niton999.co.uk/shop/product_view_Expandable-Training-Baton_code_ULT01.html

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.