Which is the best hop up unit?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi, i am thinking of increasing the accuracy on my SCAR-L a lot, including a tight-bore barrel and a good hop up unit. I understand that for an AEG a tight-bore will increase accuracy, but i dont know which hop up unit will be the best? can someone tell me if the hop up unit is worth upgrading and how much it might be?

Thanks

I can attest to marui hop units being very good. Very easy to install but can be quite tricky to get a hold of.

Tightbores barrels are great but you'll also get an fps increase anywhere up to 10 by installing one so take care doing so doesn't knock you over your sites fps limit.

• Supporters

Which SCAR L do you have? You may not find a better hop for it as I believe they don't use a standard style. The rubber is the main part you need to be concerned with unless you're getting particularly poor accuracy.

It depends what your problem with your existing hopup unit is. If the issue is that its not maintaining the setting and its lossening during games then finding a replacement for the actual hop up unit may well be your only choice, but you need to find one that is compatible and I don't know if the We Scar L has a standard one. If you take it out and take a photo we will likely be able to tell if it will take a standard unit.

However if your issue is just poor hop or inconsistent hop then you don't need to change the unit, you only need to change the bucking and the nub. The bucking is dependent on FPS, but here in the UK we by and large use softer buckings because we use low FPS like 328. Buckings aren't very expensive so its possible to try a number of different 30 or 40 degree buckings and find one that works well. The second item you can change is the nub. Standard nubs are just rubbery like material or plastic cylinders with a hole in the middle on the end of the hop up arm. You can replace those with a H nub which might bring more consistent results. You might also consider an R hop (look it up on youtube) or similar which will have you making a contact patch that will provide more hop up with more consistency.

So what you need to do depends on the problem you are having.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.