Advice for new guy!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello, new to the sport airsoft. Looking to get into the sport and have a good time. Having spent sometime in the world of firearms I have massively impressed with the tactics and training involved in airsoft. Looking forward to playing a lot more. Got to be honest learning about the best makes of rifs out there is a bit daunting! Any advice would be great ... Prepare to standby.....standby!

best makes are tokyo marui, G&P, VFC etc.

if you are looking for best for price go G&G with their combat machine series. Advice from me would be do your three games for a defence and then get an RIF instead of two tone.

Hello, hello, hello, hellos.

Best is subjective.

I have an ICS brand, Sig Saur 556 which outguns some TM M4/M16's at my local site.

If you have experience with "real steel" you may find Airsoft a little disappointing due to lack of noise, recoil, weight etc. That said, this can be countered by modification, upgrades and weapon choice.

My advice here would be to find a local site, have a go and chat to the regulars about thier guns. We are essentially a bunch of anoraks and revel in people fawning over our guns. In most cases we'll let you have a go too. This will be beneficial to you as you can try a variety of different weapon types and find out what arena they excel in.

Tactically you may find milsim more "appealing" than the paintball type games of capture the flag, king of the castle etc. Again these game types do carry their own merit and are fun, fast paced experiences.

The advice of getting your 3 games in and registering yourself as a skirmisher with UKARA (this is your defence for owning a Replica Imitation Firearm in accordance with the VCRA) is sound. Plus most sites (especially MilSim) don't allow two tone weapons as it detracts from the "realism" of the scenario.

In the meantime I would suggest that you find yourself some good eyepro (I favour the mesh goggle type over ballistic glasses as nothing is likely to get in - although never say never), some variant of face protection (some sites won't let you play without a mask - I personally rock out with only eyepro, either a baseball cap/boonie and a scrimscarf) and a good, sturdy pair of boots (I have Hi-Tec Magnums which I love but there are many other good makes out there).

That means minimum outlay and just hire cost which works out great if you decide you don't like the sport.

Have a good read about on here and utilize the search function. There's a wealth of info here that money just can't by.

Most of all, have fun.

Welcome to the weird and wonderful world of Airsoft bro.

Yeah decent face protection (eyes especially) should be your first purchase. I personally use these combined with a mesh lower face mask:

http://www.tactical-kit.co.uk/smith-optics-elite-boogie-regulator-goggle-10085-p.asp

Rated to withstand impacts that are way beyond what you'll experience in any regulated airsoft game and doesn't fog like some goggles due to the venting system (never had mine fog up).

Mesh is great but cheap BBs can shatter on impact - had this happen a few times when I used a mesh set up - but it's your call.

Oh and welcome to the site mate :)

Welcome to airsoft mate.

The main thing I would say to you is consider budget budget and budget. This is a sport/game you can play for peanuts but at the same time if you want it to be, it's a hobby which can be a pure utter money pit. My 'advice' to you as a player (not a collector) would be to literally put all your eggs into one basket and buy one primary and one secondary. This will allow you to get the most out of your budget and of course your 'playing experience/enjoyabilty'. Collectors will tend to have lots of lower to mid end guns through a large amount of guns whereas personally I prefer to have a gun to fall in love with then picking up a cheaper new gun every other month for the sake of it (especially when you bare in mind you can only use one gun at a time unless your name is 'Ollie the octopus'). There is no wrong or right way as it's just preference as some like variety and some like top end.

It's a bit like owning a fiesta, mondeo, focus, kuga and galaxy OR just owning one Ferrari!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.