New to airsoft, legitimacy of this site?

HighTower

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey, I'm brand new here and am thinking of getting into airsoft. I have been looking around for a specific airsoft rifle. I've been looking for a m4 suppressed with tan camo, like in the film the lone survivor.

I found this website that is selling something I'm kind of getting to like but I'm not sure of the website.

http://www.airsoftworld.net/airsoft-guns/airsoft-bb-gun-type/airsoft-bb-gun-rifles/airsoft-bb-gun-m4-m16

I researched that g&g is a top manufacturer of airsoft weapons. Well I saw the tan full barrel length m4, made by g and g for only 139.99. Is this the right price for a g and g rifle as I though the top airsoft brands were quite expensive.

So if someone can tell me if this is a good site for getting airsoft rifles and not a site that will just send me something that isn't what I bought or crap and whether that is a good price and a good rifle?

Thanks in advance.

HigjTower

Airsoft World are one of the retailers that I trust the most. You would not be going wrong buying from them at all.

They do over charge sometimes though (on parts, magazines and accessories mostly. not as much on guns). That said, how much are you looking to spend? The guys around here could point you in the right direction

Well, I think the price of the weapon I like off of that site is a good price, probably willing to go a little higher to get a good quality rifle.

Please post a link to the gun! I'm always quite interested to see what kind of things people are buying!

I have heard they have poor customer service etc, but no personal experience. A mate bought off of there and had no problems, but I can't speak from personal experience.

not trying to put you off but there is a thread here: http://www.airsoft-forums.co.uk/index.php/topic/20685-airsoft-world-what-a-joke/

also, they are not the best IMO, but for the prices they charge, they are definitely worth it. The gun I own is the best price imo, I bought off of zero one airsoft, which were very good.

Welcome to the forums :)

http://www.landwarriorairsoft.com/airsoft-weapons-c38/electric-rifles-c45/ics-m4-a1-retractable-stock-desert-digital-p1985

Quite a good deal if you really want desert camo.

Otherwise a G&G combat machine is the way to go.

This is the rifle I'm interested in http://www.airsoftworld.net/gandg-combat-machine-raider-desert-long.html, I'd also be looking into customising it to look like this rifle. http://www.airsoftgi.com/mobile/product_info.php?products_id=16421

also correct me if I am wrong but I believe that has been turned into a DMR, don't take my word for it though.

I have heard they have poor customer service etc, but no personal experience. A mate bought off of there and had no problems, but I can't speak from personal experieces.

Welcome to the forums :)

I usually buy items from them, and haven't had any troubles with service before.

Bear in mind that if you haven't been to a skirmish you will have 2 months to decide while you sort out UKARA registration

True, I will tbh be hiring guns for a short while even if I get the licence, but still want to get a good idea of what to buy. I read that thread for airsoft world as well and tbh it's put me off the site. Anyone have any other good retailers? Not too expensive ones as well?

True, I will tbh be hiring guns for a short while even if I get the licence, but still want to get a good idea of what to buy. I read that thread for airsoft world as well and tbh it's put me off the site. Anyone have any other good retailers? Not too expensive ones as well?

UKARA_Licence_zps0035d5aa.jpg

What Mack was intimating is that there is no such thing as a UKARA licence. It is just a scheme run by a number of retailers and subscribed to by most where they keep a database of active airsoft players. All that happens after you qualify (3 games at the same site in a period of more than 2 months but under a year) is that you are registered on the database and given a reference number that you use when purchasing RIFs.

With any big retailer you will always find some who have had issues, and its that small percentage who are understandably most vocal, while the vast majority who have had no problems go unnoticed. I've ordered from Airsoft World many times over the years and never had a problem. If they say something is in stock it always has been, unlike some retailers according to some posts I've seen on here recently. They have also been around a long time so they must be doing something right.

I'm new to airsoft too Hightower. I have bought every Gun I now own from this forum. I go to the stores as a reference and come ask the question on here. Off of here so far I've bought

G&G cm16 with a lot of internal upgrades (ie , piston, spring, upgraded gears, motor, tight bore barrel and lonex hopup + afg + 4mags + 2lipos and an acog for the same price as your looking at without any extras

M16a4 with same upgrades as above, eotech scope, mags,batteries + torch

M4a1 standard

2x TM m9 pistols with holsters

All of the above weapons cost less than £500

There's loads of little bits I've bought of here too but irelavent. I've saved so much money on the weapons and got the extras for free when you compare to store prices. I've found that nearly all airsofters care for there weapons like their child and are usually kept in very good condition. So far I've only had to buy a mag catch at £8 and a buffer tube for £15 which the seller reimbursed me for, for any repairs. Anything they hadn't got, somebody found a stockist on the net cheaper than I could find. I've only been on afuk a short time (3months maybe) but yet to meet a dishonest member.

If you go on the section that sell the aeg's you'll see only last week the G&G rifle your looking for in tan with a silencer, batteries and mags went for £100 delivered on here. Don't rush, if you don't see it for sale on here then ask. Some of these guys have more rifles than big daddy's lockup in kickass and might part with an old friend if the guns just collecting dust. I've been well looked after on here. The one guy who lives close to me I met during a deal I now skirmish with and he's my tech. I've also been to a new site after hearing of it here. Build a rapor with a few guys, you'll get more than rifle in the long run

• Supporters

They're one of the lower top retailers, more people seem to have issues than the other top ones but it's still a relatively safe choice. They can be slow though.

If you can land warrior or fire support are probably a better choice.

The two retailers who seem to get the best reviews (I've used both) are Landwarrior and Proairsoftsupplies, but there are a lot of others that mainly get great feedback - as others have said it's only if you have a problem that some can seem bad. Both the above two have a great reputation with trying to help and sort out issues.

yeah if it is one of the more popular guns it will come back in stock sooner or later, probably within a week depending on what it is/how much are selling. IF there is a gun you really want that isn't in stock send them an email/ call them up, it won't hurt.

I bought some headset and PTT units from airsort world and customer service was abysmal when it came to trying to return them.

I personally wouldn't use them again because of this, and can't imagine the nightmare of getting warranty work done by them if it was always that bad, but as people have stated, other customers couldn't be happier with them, and it's more likely those who have had a bad experience to shout about it.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.