GBB Pistol - Propane

Liam2485

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys,

I've recently taken up GBB airsoft as a hobby and I have been looking for ways to save money on the gas. From scouring the internet for a couple of hours, people mention the most cost effective way is to purchase your own propane with an adaptor and silicone lubricant.

Currently i'm using the kickass brand of green gas for my budget GBB pistol, it provides good power but is rather pricey for a 750ml can.

I'm thinking about purchasing an airsoft innovations adaptor to use with a propane cylinder (Click spoiler to show images):

6c3c696df7165482ad2269e23bf4ae0a.jpg

I had a look in my local DIY store today at some propane cylinders, I came across the following:

CaYW94C.jpg

Would the airsoft innovations adaptor fit the valve?

I intend to use this with my SRC GG 104B Beretta 92 non-blowback GBB.

39V24pf.jpg

Will I be ok to use the propane and my own silicone lubricant with that gun?

Many thanks for any help given,

Liam

My Airsoft Innovations adapter came with a small dispenser bottle of silicon oil, assume they still do so? That valve looks different to the Coleman propane I use but could just be the camera angle? I'd get the adapter and take it to try for size tbh. I find propane a tad more powerful than green gas but not had any problems even in TM GBBs, doubt I'd risk that on a very hot day though!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, just an update to this thread. The propane adaptor arrived the other day and it fits the propane cannister as stated in my original post. The only downside is the smell of the propane additive but I will get used to it.

Gonna save a lot of money :)

Hi, just an update to this thread. The propane adaptor arrived the other day and it fits the propane cannister as stated in my original post. The only downside is the smell of the propane additive but I will get used to it.

Gonna save a lot of money :)

Nice one, yeah propane literally stinks! I'm still on my first cannister so it does go a long way!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.