Primary for around £250

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,

I need a primary rifle for a loadout of mine. I've had look around and I can't seem to find one. Could you recommend one? I have my requirements below.

• Around £250
  • Not to ugly
  • Mostly metal
  • Skirmish ready
  • Has a hi-cap magazine

Thanks,

Alex

What style are you looking for?

Submachine gun?

AK style?

M4?

Something different?

£250.00 is a good budget and you could get many great guns with that.

That's a good budget you have, but you're going to have a hard choice deciding. Like evil said a specific sort of gun you like would be very helpful. I would suggest going to a local airsoft store or skirmish if you can and ask to try a few so you can find some you like. Is good to find out which you prefer (feel / weight and so on)

Also, if your regular site is going to be close quarters you might want to consider, say, an MP5 as opposed to an M16.

I really like the G&G rk103 evo. look it up, and maybe buy it with two tone. other than that G&P do an m4 for that as M_P said and they are meant to be good.

I really like the G&G rk103 evo. look it up, and maybe buy it with two tone. other than that G&P do an m4 for that as M_P said and they are meant to be good.

He's not 18 mate from what he said.

You could get an adult to buy it and then gift it to you for a birthday/finishing school present but it would have to be two toned due to your age and lack of a defence.

He's not 18 mate from what he said.

You could get an adult to buy it and then gift it to you for a birthday/finishing school present but it would have to be two toned due to your age and lack of a defence.

I said two tone. IK everyone seems to make a big deal about it but at the end of the day it doesn't make that much of a difference. Ofc everyone would like an RIF but i can live without one for now.7

EDIT: if it is given down it wouldn't have to be two toned/ if your dad "owned it"

I said two tone. IK everyone seems to make a big deal about it but at the end of the day it doesn't make that much of a difference. Ofc everyone would like an RIF but i can live without one for now.7

EDIT: if it is given down it wouldn't have to be two toned/ if your dad "owned it"

My bad I missed that part of your post

His dad wouldn't own it as he would be giving it away as a Gift to his son, meaning that he is passing ownership of the RIF and the recipient would need to have it two toned due to being under 18.

His dad wouldn't own it as he would be giving it away as a Gift to his son, meaning that he is passing ownership of the RIF and the recipient would need to have it two toned due to being under 18.

yeah. He would still be allowed to use it for skirmishing and pretty much everything is his dad "owned it" though... (i believe that is true isn't it?

yeah. He would still be allowed to use it for skirmishing and pretty much everything is his dad "owned it" though... (i believe that is true isn't it?

His dad would not own it if he "Gifted" it to him. That would be changing ownership in the eyes of the law.

His dad would not own it if he "Gifted" it to him. That would be changing ownership in the eyes of the law.

no i meant if his dad still owned it, but if he allowed him to use it for skirmish etc, but his dad still owned it. That is allowed.

As long as his dad had a valid defense/UKARA. But his dad would then need to travel to and from every skirmish he went to in case he gets stopped by the Police.

Mate please dont give advice if you dont know what your talking about. There is NO LAW ON OWNERSHIP!

Mate please dont give advice if you dont know what your talking about. There is NO LAW ON OWNERSHIP!

My apologies.

Okay so basically someone in the family (such as your dad) could buy one and they 'gift' it to you. It's still theirs but you use it. I have the habit of saying 'my' guns which always has someone pick up on the fact I'm under 18, but yeah they are really not since I didn't actually buy them. Whoever gifts you one doesn't need a UKARA defence if it's VCRA-compliant (51% brightly coloured or transparent) but they will need it if the gun is a RIF (not brightly coloured or transparent) of course.

If you're after a G36, SRC make some good ones. Their other guns aren't so great though.

http://www.airsoftworld.net/two-tone-src-g36c-gen-iii-airsoft-rifle.html

SCAR-L and SCAR-L CQB

http://www.landwarriorairsoft.com/airsoft-weapons-c38/electric-rifles-c45/we-we-scar-l-dark-earth-p3348

http://www.landwarriorairsoft.com/airsoft-weapons-c38/electric-rifles-c45/we-scar-l-cqb-p3352

Shame to have to ruin such a beautiful gun :(

I would recommend buying a G&G Combat Machine like this one as a beginner gun first: http://www.proairsoftsupplies.co.uk/cgi-bin/sh000001.pl?WD=transparent&PN=cm16_carbine_transparent%2ehtml#SID=239

• Supporters

Okay so basically someone in the family (such as your dad) could buy one and they 'gift' it to you. It's still theirs but you use it. I have the habit of saying 'my' guns which always has someone pick up on the fact I'm under 18, but yeah they are really not since I didn't actually buy them. Whoever gifts you one doesn't need a UKARA defence if it's VCRA-compliant (51% brightly coloured or transparent) but they will need it if the gun is a RIF (not brightly coloured or transparent) of course.

WHAT?! no no no no no.

Before you dole out advice, please be sure you actually understand the law.

If you gift someone an item you transfer ownership to them, e.g. if I were to gift you a mars bar it would become yours.

It is 100% legal for an under 18 person to own a RIF, they just can't buy one. THERE IS NO LEGAL RESTRICTION ON OWNERSHIP OF A RIF, only sale, purchase, manufacture and import.

So when you say they're 'my guns' if your mum/dad/uncle/jimmy saville has given them to you, then they are yours.

I am kind of the opinion that its not working getting something beautiful and RIF like on the outside only to paint it green. So I would tempted to say just get a combat machine, I wouldn't restrict just to the transparent one although they tend to look better than a two tone. Then if you do need internal upgrades go about doing the ones you want, the biggest gains in accuracy are going to come on a new inner barrel but the hop is pretty decent out of the box as is the gearbox. You might also want a higher rate of fire so the motor can be replaced, but that isn't really necessary IMO.

Basically don't spend too much on the externals, your going to wreck them with paint anyway. So get a plastic gun with solid enough internals and upgrade it instead of buying directly a more expensive gun. That is my basic recommendation.

WHAT?! no no no no no.

Before you dole out advice, please be sure you actually understand the law.

If you gift someone an item you transfer ownership to them, e.g. if I were to gift you a mars bar it would become yours.

It is 100% legal for an under 18 person to own a RIF, they just can't buy one. THERE IS NO LEGAL RESTRICTION ON OWNERSHIP OF A RIF, only sale, purchase, manufacture and import.

So when you say they're 'my guns' if your mum/dad/uncle/jimmy saville has given them to you, then they are yours.

Okay, thanks for clearing that up. That was my understanding based on what I'd been told before.

I would say go to a site and rent to see if you actually like Airsoft as although it is an amazing hobby it might not be for you and if you can't help but buy a gun just get a combat machine as they are cheap and cheerful (also cm's in green from zero one Airsoft don't look too bad I'm my opinion..)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.