Bags...what are you guys carting your stuff about in

Black Death

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I'm well aware there's probably a thread on here about gun cases but I'm not actually talking about that. Im also not on about in field rucksacks, bum bags, day sacks etc etc. what I wanna know is what rucksacks and holdalls are you guys using to carry your gear to the skirmish

When I first started out I just had a small rucksack and believe it or not I carried my gun in a trouser leg till I got a £15 gun case lol

Now I'm looking to drop the gun case as I can fold my scar h and put it in a large holdall. I have two desert eagles to go in and a revolver as well so I don't need a long gun case anymore

So far I like the look of this oakley holdall but before I part with doe I'm willing to see what other bags you guys knows work well for what we need to carry

A674D0E5-52EE-4CCB-9A7D-4A9B82A14936.jpg

02BA1573-91EC-45E9-973D-DDE1B04F936A.jpg

http://uk.oakley.com/products/hot-tub-duffel/92550-001?promotion_id=500&cm_mmc=shopping-feeds-_-PLA-_-MA-_-92550-001

Also what larger items are you carrying? Eg chest rig, change of clothes, etc etc

• Supporters

At the moment I'm using my issued black kit bags, but the next time LBT have a big sale I'm going to pick up one of these;

image-3.jpg

http://lbtinc.com/bags-backpacks-packs/bags/load-out-bags/large-wheeled-load-out-bag-with-padding-11421.html

They're expensive, but the sales usually knock them down to $120-130 ish.

I usually have a private purchase USMC holdall from San Diego which is 100 odd litres and a SA M83 Bergan as well.. and sometimes a small day sack for value bits or bits likely to get broken.

I normally take a couple a rigs with me and bits to fill them out

I use an army rucksack, also used for camping.

Highlander Proforce 88 litre rucksack: http://www.optoutdoors.co.uk/backpacs-rucsacs/537-highlander-forces-25-rucksack.html

Carried my mates one of these once and I was surprised how comfy the straps were despite the heavy load. Deffo well made I'd say

issued bergen, pretty big but not that hard to carry.

EDIT: also had some good small compartments, quite watertight with a hoody kind of thing, and quite nice padded straps.

Pattern 37 webbing. The Large pack with just fit a Sten with the stock removed. It's easier to wear webbing than to carry it :)

I'm of the same thinking as Russel; I'm going be getting a Medium Alice pack to compliment my ALICE webbing. With a few mods I'll be able to comfortably carry a weekenders worth of gear.

• Supporters

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Pro-Tec-M41-Protec-Holdall/dp/B004QMO7KC/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1403858510&sr=8-6&keywords=protec+holdall Protec M41 holdall (ignore the review on that link - I've had mine so full I can barely carry it and it's fine). Big enough to live in with plenty of extra pockets for all the usual bits and bobs. They also do one with a separate compartment for wet boots.

I use a 45L backpack and a swiss arms soft gun carry case. The backpack is just about big enough for all the kit I take.

One of These http://i.imgur.com/8fLoW5o.jpg in Tan and in much,much rougher shape.like sh*t you'd see in STALKER games. I have an older model with some minor differences. Quality is fantastic,stitching is great and the straps are insanely comfortable. I can hold all I need for a weekender in this,Tent and sleeping bag clipped onto the sides. Guns I have in a separate gun bag but I can even bodge that onto this rucksack. Russian made but not the quality of their sometimes atrocious military gear,I assure you.

I don't know anywhere to get them outside of Eastern Europe I'm afraid :P

I just have a bog standard subtle hold all from argos, it fits my gun and all my kit for a days skirmish and wouldn't look out of place on a train or in public. In 2014 openly carrying anything obviously military is going to attract the wrong type of attention.

I witnessed someone getting off the train at Stockport the other day, wearing DPM trousers, a full webbing kit and carrying a curved rifle slip. Nothing subtle about him at all, very dodgy looking to members of the public, and it only takes one phone call to be met with the wrong end of a police g36. I suspect he was an airsofter as there is a site 5 min down the road.

Oakley bags have a good rep for build quality, but have a massive mark up which puts me off.

I have a cheapo Swiss Arms full length nylon gun bag which I carry BBs, mags, radios etc in. I also have a 20L Multicam Marauder backpack which I fill with food, water, safety equipment, recon fleeced hoodie if it gets cold, gas (I don't put the cans in my gun bag in case they get damaged by shifting rifles).

Depending on which rig I'm using I'll either chuck it in my day sack or carry it.

I just have a bog standard subtle hold all from argos, it fits my gun and all my kit for a days skirmish and wouldn't look out of place on a train or in public. In 2014 openly carrying anything obviously military is going to attract the wrong type of attention.

I witnessed someone getting off the train at Stockport the other day, wearing DPM trousers, a full webbing kit and carrying a curved rifle slip. Nothing subtle about him at all, very dodgy looking to members of the public, and it only takes one phone call to be met with the wrong end of a police g36. I suspect he was an airsofter as there is a site 5 min down the road.

Oakley bags have a good rep for build quality, but have a massive mark up which puts me off.

I have to agree with you here squire... I don't really want a holdall that screams army/airsoft/military/etc. kinda like just being able to trot about without worrying. At my size, some people get intimidated very easily quite literally for no reason. I actually get people cross the road when I walk towards them and whenever I go to a queue at the cash machine people always insist I go in from of them. Last thing I need is camo on a bag that looks big enough to carry enough c4 to make middlesex disappear.

On the subject of oakley bags (and gear in general) the quality is insane! I was in the bluewater branch (only one of two branches countrywide) and looked at the oakley 'kitchen sink' backpack! f*ck me that thing is over-engineered as hell! It's a geardos wet dream I tell you. Ok so it's £180 for which is 'gun money' for some but if you can find one for cheaper jump on it!

I might get this as well as the tart in me says it's a matching set for a holiday trip but for airsoft use it would be my 'respawn' bag for games where the Safezone and respawn are too far apart so I can store gas, bbs, backups, water,etc etc

Oh and it's BLACK/RED so mmmmmmmm

F860E573-1D89-4270-A8E6-A9E952485891.jpg

EC8B6AA3-F5C9-4C8F-9176-4CF62E65D804.jpg[/url]

Cool review on tube

• Supporters

I love Oakley gear but I usually buy mine in the US when I'm on holiday. Their bags are awesome!

Just FYI though there is three stores in the UK and I'm pretty sure the Oakley Outlet store is still open in Portsmouth (Gunwharf Quays).

The outlet store doesn't count in my book lol

Bluewater and Covent garden... The outlet store is for hippy surfers lololol

This one is pretty good.

http://www.britishmilitarysurplus.co.uk/shop/hardwear/deployment-bag-grade-1-1124036.html slightly cheaper here

I can get away with wearing military gear on the train. My military gear doesn't scream army/airsoft/military/etc. it screams re-enactor. I did once get stopped by a member of station staff, he asked if I knew when the War and Peace show was :D

When my Lee Enfield arrives it's going to be harder to hide that I am carrying a gun shaped object. I intend to carry it in a Pattern 1907 Lee Enfield Valise bag I have bought from Soldier of Fortune. My thinking is that by being period correct, it is easier to show that I have a reason to be carrying it. People get scared by army wannabe's, they don't get scared by re-enactors and although there is a chance I may get stopped by the police one day, I don't expect it to be too traumatic an experience.

As I travel by train in this way, I have no plans to be on the German side at any WW2 games, that might not go down as well with the general public :D

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.