first skirmish on saturday!

team flex

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey guys, chief noob here. As the title says I am going to my first skirmish on saturday, with a mate.

I will be using my gun, and my mate has decided to go with a rented sniper, which comes with a sidearm, bbs etc. I have standard army issue kit (from CCF) which includes top, trousers, smock, boots, and I got myself a webbing as well from there. I think I will see how the weather plays out, but will only wear the trousers, maybe wear a hot (so thin) skin and a thin jumper so I don't sweat to much. Obviously, because of my age I will have to wear a full face mask which I have, and I am going to rent 2 mags (guessing mid caps) and I have 1 hi-cap. The trousers have a lot of pockets so that should be good. I will buy some BBs there (5k) and take another 5k. I don't think we will run out of BBs, and my cranestock Li-Po (2600mah) but will take my charger just in case. It is a full day so will be tiring but still good i hope.

Is this a good loadout?

We are going to ultimate games limpsfield, do you think the majority of players will be noobs?

thanks for your help, will update when I play and how I do :)

Hey guys, chief noob here. As the title says I am going to my first skirmish on saturday, with a mate.

I will be using my gun, and my mate has decided to go with a rented sniper, which comes with a sidearm, bbs etc. I have standard army issue kit (from CCF) which includes top, trousers, smock, boots, and I got myself a webbing as well from there.

I was in my smock all of last weekend out on exercise, and believe me, you'll sweat buckets. Are you still in CS'95 kit? If you have the new MTP PCS stuff just wear the shirt, it's lightweight and the guys out in the middle east wear it or a UBACS during the day.

If not, don't worry about a '95 shirt- just wear either one of the Coolmax brown t-shirts or a unit/company green t-shirt. If the weather this weekend is how it was yesterday you'll bake.

Aside from that, sounds like you're pretty kitted already. One bit of advice though; when you can afford it, dump the webbing for a lighter MOLLE rig. PLCE is heavy and bulky enough without a load in it. It's also nowhere near as modular as MOLLE.

Yeah, not going to wear the smock. I believe it is woodland MTP PCS. Also, was planning on giving the webbing on, it is pretty bad and would only be for my fisrt couple of skirmishes. Thanks for the help :)

woodland MTP PCS

You've confused me there mate....

MTP stands for Multi Terrain Pattern, and PCS is Personal Clothing System. MTP is an arid pattern, for operations in the Middle East where Woodland DPM is too dark and Desert DPM is too light for effective use.

This is basically MTP:

multicam_1.jpg

ah ok, thought it stood for something else. Yeah, there is no white, but a much darker shade of brown. I will find out what it is for you.

You've confused me there mate....

MTP stands for Multi Terrain Pattern, and PCS is Personal Clothing System. MTP is an arid pattern, for operations in the Middle East where Woodland DPM is too dark and Desert DPM is too light for effective use.

This is basically MTP:

multicam_1.jpg

Thats multicam :P

Below is MTP, close to multicam but the camo shape is more like DPM whereas multicam is blobs

mtp.jpg

Thats multicam :P

Below is MTP, close to multicam but the camo shape is more like DPM whereas multicam is blobs

Ahhhh of course, fuck google images for bringing that up when I searched for MTP :lol:

right just finished the skirmish

I turned up with a mate, as a few of them couldn't go, and there weren't many people there. I was told that was good for a newbie, and it seemed that way. First game, I didn't play too well because I was getting used to things, and the compound was cleared in 10 mins. Second game, where I was sitting in the compound with the team dotted around. They took 30 mins to clear us out. The second game was capture the flag, which I didn't enjoy too much, as it was very difficult/impossible to win. After that we did some clearing of compounds and we took 26 mins, where as they took 34. Final game was where we had to make sure they didn't get into the base, which was good fun. Overall very good experience, and I met some nice blokes. The guy running the thing, dean, was extremely helpful and a good bloke. Also, there was a guy there with a custom G&P m4, not sure of the make. He said the internals were pant, and he wouldn't buy it again, but it fired nicely, so I'm guessing he spent a lot of money on the internals. Another guy said zero one were pants and that they fiddle with the guns before hand, is this true?

Overall a good day and a nice place to skirmish, very happy.

right just finished the skirmish

I turned up with a mate, as a few of them couldn't go, and there weren't many people there. I was told that was good for a newbie, and it seemed that way. First game, I didn't play too well because I was getting used to things, and the compound was cleared in 10 mins. Second game, where I was sitting in the compound with the team dotted around. They took 30 mins to clear us out. The second game was capture the flag, which I didn't enjoy too much, as it was very difficult/impossible to win. After that we did some clearing of compounds and we took 26 mins, where as they took 34. Final game was where we had to make sure they didn't get into the base, which was good fun. Overall very good experience, and I met some nice blokes. The guy running the thing, dean, was extremely helpful and a good bloke. Also, there was a guy there with a custom G&P m4, not sure of the make. He said the internals were pant, and he wouldn't buy it again, but it fired nicely, so I'm guessing he spent a lot of money on the internals. Another guy said zero one were pants and that they fiddle with the guns before hand, is this true?

Overall a good day and a nice place to skirmish, very happy.

I'd agree 110% with the 'Not liking a rush game' straight away, This was me a fortnight ago, I've been to afew games since, But I despise the rush modes, at my local, We have a game were you have to run through an open field to grab a repainted BB-tub (Empty) called a 'Gold' then you had to get it back to your base.

When you have no Idea how your gear performs it can make things really difficult, Luckily I have since overcame the issue, At first, My webbing was heavy, My gun was inaccurate and overly large, My face protection was digging into my glasses, Domino-effect ensues and my glasses left 'Panda-eyes' from the pressure on my face.

I have since brought lovely face protection, A sling to take the weight of my gun when idle, I'm using a webbing that has adjustables on it.

First time is really 'testing the water', Now I know things work, I LOVE airsoft, It's great, And I hope you found your match great too.

Did your mate have a good time/Be returning to the site?

yeah he loved it. He rented an ics cxp 08 concept, that had a fair bit of butchering, but held up great and had a great rof. He shot a few friendlies but performed very well :)

thanks and yeah I loved it, will be going back again...

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.