Need help choosing my fist gun!

Zenith

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

The title says it all, I need need help choosing my first gun. There are so many different options and as I don't know all that much it's hard to choose. I have around £400 to spend. Thanks in advance for any help that's given.

EDIT: Needs to be able to be made two-tone, a good amount of rail space would be great.

Hmm...well if you're not sure on a particular gun, my advice would be to actually go to a skirmish or preferably a local airsoft store if you can.

That way you can hold a few different guns and see which ones you like.

Also, it helps to know what your local site is going to be. For example so you can get a shorter weapon for CQC.

I would recommend spending nearer to £300, and the rest on a battery / charger and extra magazines!

For example:

IMAX B6 smart charger = £30 from Cool Components

LiPo Battery - £15 to £30 (depending on mAh capacity)

Extra mags - should be around £30 - £60 (for a pack of five)

Guns I'm personally wanting to get around that price are the G&G AKM and the KWA RM4 ERG.

http://www.landwarriorairsoft.com/airsoft-weapons-c38/electric-rifles-c45/gkm-ak47-full-metal-real-wood-p1579

http://www.landwarriorairsoft.com/airsoft-weapons-c38/electric-rifles-c45/pts-pts-rm4-scout-erg-p2286

Hope this helps!

Everybody says that on here and when you say why don't you get the splat R4, its a good starter gun, they ask whats wrong with the AK72.5 because they have set their heart on it.

So, come on, what sort of airsoft gun do you want?

£400 is a good budget so most will be open to you..

• Supporters

for a first one mate and it having to be a two tone I wouldn't spend a lot of money and save some cos when you get UKARA (if you want it) then you can use the money to buy your first RIF. get a G&G M4 with adjustable stock and cqb barrel two tone as well and you'll be good or you could and im kicking myself for even posting this but go on Airsoftworld and buy the KWA M4 PDW 2GX they are well made and excellent build quality.

Yeh don't spend a lot of cash on a two tone. G&G Combat Machines are always good value - in fact we recommend them so much on this forum I think we should all get a commission

• Supporters

Not a CQC but not a long range rifle either, something in between thats's versatile eg folding stock or adjustable stock.

Also there's no where I can really go to handle them and see what they are like.

G&G SCAR-L CQC (I know, I know, but it's not submachine gun size and actually comes with a screw on/off barrel extension to make it full length). Folding stock, one of the longest rails in airsoft, not heavy and not an M4 (the clitoris of airsoft rifles).

Transparent looks a lot better than a bright colour!

http://www.proairsoftsupplies.co.uk/cgi-bin/sh000001.pl?WD=transparent&PN=cm16_carbine_transparent%2ehtml#SID=239

Battery + charger shouldn't cost you any more than another £30-£40. Maybe up to £60 if you bought a good quality smart charger such as the IMAX B6. By the way Component-Shop are highly recommended for batteries and chargers. We should get a commission from them too! :)

gun: G&G cm16 carbine short. from zero one they offer an ok paintjob for free which does start coming off, but as it will be your first gun I wouldn't worry about that too much. Short because it is much easier to use imo than the long, I have one and I knock it on trees all the time (could just be me)

Battery: http://www.componentshop.co.uk/7-4v-2600mah-cranestock-battery.html lasts me 10000+ shots and is very good power.

charger: http://www.componentshop.co.uk/accucel-6-digital-charger-3282.html

You can get it without the connector to the 3 pin wall socket for £10 cheaper, and I can send pictures so you can check if you have one already. Very nice charger, and apparently it is a clone of the Imax b6 but if you're looking to spend minimal postage then get them both from the same website. Its is perfect, easy to use and charges very quickly.

Combat Machine.

I wish I had.

I have a CYMA Sig Saur 556 and a G&G M4. The Sig is heavy, very heavy as it's full metal.

The M4 Now comes out at midday as I can't be arsed to carry the Sig.

I used a Combat Machine and WOW.

Light, accurate, good ROF and bloody cheap/well priced.

You'll no doubt do what we all did and go crazy with attachments, sights etc and there's plenty of rail for them.

(Oh, you will end up with a spare room of attachments after a while as you learn your gun and figure what works best for you)

The best advice (which I am echoing) is go to a site and try out some guns.

Don't rush into a purchase bud.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.