Mid Cap Magazines

RedFox89

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi peeps,

Just wondering what brands people use for their mid cap magazines? Ideally I want a box set of 8-10 mags (I don't mind plastic mags) and for me, with fuel, family bills etc., ~£50 is quite a lot to spend on something that in the end, may not be up to scratch.

I have read MAG and King Arms are good brands, and obviously these are the more expensive of the mags, compared to ASG box set of 10 mags.

Just wanted to see if people could add their thoughts on which brand they use and what the quality is like of them.

As I've said on other posts I'm just starting out on getting my gear and don't really want to take unnecessary risks if I don't have to.

Cheers

MAG brand midcaps are also very good.

Would help if you said what type of gun they were for though, as MAG M4 magazines aren't going to work in a G36!

My bad!!

I have the PJ4 CQB from Taiwan Gun (basically A&K M4, but with Taiwan Gun's additions). So yeah looking for the STANAG type mags.

Would have definitely have helped if I had said that in the first place :rolleyes:

i just bought 5 G&G 120rnd mags from land warrior and they are the tits... 10 is £40 odd i think....

Nope, those are junk. The bb follower snaps after about 10 reloads which causes them to jam. To unjam them you have to split them open to reset the spring, and to rebuild them would require a minimum of 5 hands.

I use Classic Army mid caps, they weren't cheap but they've lasted me for ages and have been used with my Classic Army, G&P and G&G rifles without any issues.

Box of 5 King Arms mid-caps from eHobby Asia is £27 shipped IIRC. You shouldn't have to pay any tax / import duty on top of that for what they cost. Not sure how well they will work with an A&K though.

Nope, those are junk. The bb follower snaps after about 10 reloads which causes them to jam. To unjam them you have to split them open to reset the spring, and to rebuild them would require a minimum of 5 hands.

when i say just i bought them two weeks ago ive used them numerous times since with multiple reloads... no problems with mine so far :)

My friend had ASG Mid caps, they were shite. They never fed properly and had loads of issues etc. But my MAG mid caps are brilliant. They work flawlessly and are absolutely solid for plastic.

Paid £35 for 10 ASG 140-round M4 mags last year. Used over and over and haven't had any issues whatsoever.

Paid £35 for 10 ASG 140-round M4 mags last year. Used over and over and haven't had any issues whatsoever.

Where did you grab that deal?

I know they say on the description that e.g. 'strong enough to drop on the floor when reloading', but I wouldn't want to do that, why you would do that I have no idea.

Anyone tried Dytac invaders? I see they are a another cheaper option. Obviously as with most things, I know you get what you pay for but I'm not shitting out money lol.

I have actually contacted A&K directly by an email address on the website acmairsoft.com (the parent company) to see if they can tell me how compatible their rifles are, for example, King Arms mags are TM compatible. Will post again if I hear a reply.

• Supporters

Where did you grab that deal?

I know they say on the description that e.g. 'strong enough to drop on the floor when reloading', but I wouldn't want to do that, why you would do that I have no idea.

Anyone tried Dytac invaders? I see they are a another cheaper option. Obviously as with most things, I know you get what you pay for but I'm not sh*tting out money lol.

I have actually contacted A&K directly by an email address on the website acmairsoft.com (the parent company) to see if they can tell me how compatible their rifles are, for example, King Arms mags are TM compatible. Will post again if I hear a reply.

I use Invader mags. They're pretty good for the money (box of 5 for £40). They work fine in my TM (ish) M4 and my G&G SCAR. They can be a bit rubbish at feeding the last few BBs though I've not had any real issues.

Where did you grab that deal?.

Just had a look back and it was from Airsoft Armoury in July of last year (had them longer than I realised!).

Well, basically got an email back saying they are more than happy to help, however they couldn't tell me how compatible the rifles are (???) e.g. are they TM based. Although they did say that they do manufacture a 120rd midcap, but they do not have an agreed distributor as of yet to sell them, so they offered me to buy them direct from them. I have asked for more information, and explained that it may not be best price-wise to order from Hong Kong due to import tax, however if they can offer me a good deal then I'm willing to think about it, as someone said above, can't go wrong with same-brand mags surely?

Most mags I see are first off TM compatible, however obviously I know different brands of guns have different specs. for their magwells. I did find a cheap mag on taiwangun, where in the description they state 'Medium capacity magazines for M4 series fits to AEG replicas in Tokyo Marui standard'. My rifle is listed below this, so I assume that I can take a chance on any mag that is listed as being TM compatible. The mag itself is steel constructed 150 rounds for £7.27 per mag, obviously Chinese made.

Dunno if im willing to take the risk on spending 50 odd quid on those mags for them to only last 5 mins as they are pretty cheap.

I am more leaning to King Arms mags, I have seen on fire-support they have a box of ten of their plastic 120rd mags for £49! Haven't found a deal like that anywhere else.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.