Trigger Blocked, Jammed, Or Just Not Working - WE Baby 3.8 Hi Capa

Prathios

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I went ahead and bought this for my fiancee, As its her birthday the 6th of next month. However when it arrived naturally with any airsoft product got it out on arrival to check it worked instead of giving her something that wouldnt.

Heres the issue:

The trigger will only progress inwards about a third of the way, Maybe a quarter.

This happens with the saftey on or off, This counts for the hammer saftey AND the thumb saftey.

The grip squeeze saftey does not move far, but seems like it shouldnt anyway.

If you wiggle your finger against the trigger a few times sometimes quite a few times the hammer will eventually go down. This will cause a full rotation as normal when the gun is gassed with its mag. But after the shot the same issue applies to the next one.

The trigger is not going in any extra when the shot fires, As when it isnt firing.

I would really appreciate some advice ASAP because nobody wants to have to go through returns policies in a rush... Right before a birthday! If you need ANY more info ask and ill try my best to inform you.

As far as tech goes, Im fine with taking off parts that dont require unscrewing, Unless it will not cause any fiddly buggery bits to pop out.

And also will not do anything that will invalidate my returns :)

• Supporters

You've received a faulty product, send it back and explain that you need a working one ASAP because it's a gift. You've got 11 days before the birthday, if a company in the UK can't sort out a product swap in nearly 2 weeks they don't deserve to be trading at all.

I see this all the time with airsoft shit, people buy broken guns for new prices from retailers that offer a warranty, then spend their own money fixing them?! What the actual fuck, if you bought a TV and it was broken you wouldn't take the back off and start changing out circuit boards, you'd send it back.

If i got a TV and i thought the only fault could just be a fuse i would swap the fuse. My life does not allow me too much free time for charging about taking things back if there might be a fast fix for something that was not actually a massive issue.

I was hoping for something constructive that might have pointed to something similar rather than lectures about what i would and wouldnt do ;)

You've received a faulty product, send it back and explain that you need a working one ASAP because it's a gift. You've got 11 days before the birthday, if a company in the UK can't sort out a product swap in nearly 2 weeks they don't deserve to be trading at all.

I see this all the time with airsoft sh*t, people buy broken guns for new prices from retailers that offer a warranty, then spend their own money fixing them?! What the actual f*ck, if you bought a TV and it was broken you wouldn't take the back off and start changing out circuit boards, you'd send it back.

^

This!

My thoughts exactly. People buy a gun that is faulty after a week or so, but it seems they don't think to contact the retailer so they can return it and get a refund or a replacement etc.

1. Opened on arrival

2. Checked all moving parts, Discovered trigger issue.

3. Contacted retailer and informed of issue (I dont take phone tech support well, I need text or imagery so moved to number 4.)

4. Recieved all return information

5. Decided to check with the helpful community here for any possible minor reasons before going through the hassle.

Thanks for the tips on how stupid or silly of us it was to keep the gun for more than a few hours before trying to fix the situation :)

• Supporters

Thanks for the tips on how stupid or silly of us it was to keep the gun for more than a few hours before trying to fix the situation :)

There's no need to be like that, the point is that if something is broken out of the box then it's up to the retailer to sort it out. While I appreciate that your time may not entirely be your own, surely it's better to get a warranty repair or replacement than potentially screw it up even more than it already is by attempting a DIY fix?

I get the responses but theres no need to word it like that either xD. I saw other peoples helpful posts and thought ahaar worth a go.

And i wasnt after a major repair as i said, I was hoping for tips on minor issues it could have been before sending it back. Hence the bit about my tech abilities and that in first post.

Either way ill just go ahead with returns, Which was always option 1 if i couldnt get a quick it might be this tip.

• Supporters

That's the problem with the written word, always tricky to convey tone :)

Hope you get it sorted out ok!

True that, Something i have forgotten since my older years of online gaming. After reading back it seems more aimed at the common situation rather than myself specifically.

Sorry chaps.

Edit:). Waiting on the " working" replacement. Arrived with them yesterday according to the delivery company. Though it was abit worrying as the delivery guys didnt bother to update their tracking page until after it was delivered. Rather than throughout... Monday to friday should be plenty of time to get our return back on time!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.