Favourite War Movie Theme

Super64

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I love movie and T.V. soundtracks and I've seen Sky have been advertising their new sports channel with the theme from Escape to Victory attached and it got me thinking about how many great war movie theme tunes there are. Aside from Escape to Victory there's Where Eagles Dare, Zulu, The Great Escape and one of my personal favourites A Bridge too Far to name just a few.

So what's yours? Doesn't have to be Second World War, can be earlier, modern, anything.

This thread is what's your favourite, not what's the best, so there are no wrong answers, apart from The Sound of Music. It may be set during the war, but it's not allowed.

Always liked Basil Poleduris's scores (starship troopers, robocop)

633 squadron is one of the best

M*A*S*H, not one you think of straight away but reminds me of a great TV series and film.

Theme for The Pacific

This. It is an immense series and the soundtrack is equally amazing :)

Theme for The Pacific

Personally I preferred Band of Brothers and I love the sound track for that, listen to it on my iPod quite a bit. I don't know whether it's because it's the European campaign or because most of the actors in it are really British, but I just think it's one of the best T.V. Series ever. The Pacific was good, but I was a bit disappointed. It might have been because the fighting was broken up to much by the whole relationship thing.

i have watched Band of Brothers twice since i stumbled across it a few months ago. I love watching anything about WW2 but Pacific isn't as addictive. I think i have managed about half way and that's over time. I watched disc after disc of Band of Brothers.

another series i got hooked on was Colditz. Another lucky find that i was immediately hooked on although i really don't like the theme tune

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.