Looking for an AEG

vShakey

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I have a budget of around £300 for the gun - I'm looking in the M4 direction with RIS rails up front. Any suggestions? I've stumbled across the G&G GC-16 as well as the TR-15 (not in stock). I want something that's around 350fps give or take (if too high, then a spring replacement to lower it to 350) that isn't an almost fully polymer gun. Any suggestions with links to the gun in stock? :)

Edit: Must be able to spray it two tone sadly

I heard 11.1v lipos mean you have to change internals, not sure though. I would reckon a 7.4v 2600mah cranestock lipo would fit perfectly, but don't hold me against it.

I heard 11.1v lipos mean you have to change internals, not sure though. I would reckon a 7.4v 2600mah cranestock lipo would fit perfectly, but don't hold me against it.

i've gone with two 9.6v 1600mah for simplicity :) Thanks guys.

• Supporters

11.1v LiPos can cause longevity issues with gearing due to the increased rate of fire they produce. They can also cause premature failure of the trigger contacts due to the extra current they produce resulting in more frequent arcing (which can be solved with a MOSFET).

HOWEVER - they will not chew your gun to pieces overnight unless you bought a spectacularly bad gun in the first place (most likely from somewhere with "BBGUNS" in the name).

A G&G Top Tech should be fine for a reasonable time on an 11.1 out of the box BUT I would suggest that 7.4v LiPos would be plenty (or indeed 9.6v NiMh).

As above, I wouldn't run 11.1 lipos on a stock gun. The top techs have very good internals and are decently shimmed out the box but there is a question mark over the stock mosfet that comes in the gen 3s as to whether it will handle high current batteries over time (I swapped mine out for a Gate mosfet, reshimmed etc so I could run 11.1s).

9.9 LiFe are a good middle ground between 11.1 and 7.4. Component shop do some crane stock versions (I run these in another M4), you may want to consider them.

• Supporters

As above, I wouldn't run 11.1 lipos on a stock gun. The top techs have very good internals and are decently shimmed out the box but there is a question mark over the stock mosfet that comes in the gen 3s as to whether it will handle high current batteries over time (I swapped mine out for a Gate mosfet, reshimmed etc so I could run 11.1s).

9.9 LiFe are a good middle ground between 11.1 and 7.4. Component shop do some crane stock versions (I run these in another M4), you may want to consider them.

Good point, in fact I believe G&G (PAS at least do) specifically state that Gen 3 MOSFET equipped guns should NOT be run on 11.1v LiPo batteries.

Unfortunately it seems this gun is out of stock almost everywhere - Pro Airsoft Supplies replied to my email saying it may be in the next batch of G&G in the coming months. So, any other suggestions on what gun to get? One I was looking at was the G&G Sig SG553 long barrel version but it doesn't have any front rails meaning I'd have to spend more.

Same as before, budget of (at max.) around £320, with good rail space ;)

• Supporters

Unfortunately it seems this gun is out of stock almost everywhere - Pro Airsoft Supplies replied to my email saying it may be in the next batch of G&G in the coming months. So, any other suggestions on what gun to get? One I was looking at was the G&G Sig SG553 long barrel version but it doesn't have any front rails meaning I'd have to spend more.

Same as before, budget of (at max.) around £320, with good rail space ;)

Interesting - I just clicked the link on the TR16 R4 commando and it shows as in stock.

Failing that I'd suggest the T4-18 or a SCAR L.

You could also try other stores (Zero One, Swindon Airsoft, JD Airsoft etc etc).

Interesting - I just clicked the link on the TR16 R4 commando and it shows as in stock.

Failing that I'd suggest the T4-18 or a SCAR L.

You could also try other stores (Zero One, Swindon Airsoft, JD Airsoft etc etc).

Yeah that's why I emailed them asking about that - apparently there's a bug on their website but they don't actually have it in stock. Thanks I'll have a look!

EDIT: I've found a T4-18 on land warrior airsoft but it seems they do not offer a two toning service

http://www.landwarriorairsoft.com/airsoft-weapons-c38/electric-rifles-c45/g-g-g-g-t418-blowback-gen-3-with-mosfet-p1593

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.