Introducing the Newbie!

cavninja

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi All,

I thought I'd kick off by introducing myself, I discovered this site in the last few days and have been avidly reading all the good stuff on here, friendly advice, cool gear and bits of banter!. So I thought I'd throw my hat in to the ring and jump right in!

My apologies if this is a little rambling, most of the posts here seem quite short, all comments and banter much appreciated!!

As I mentioned on joining, i'm new to airsoft and new to this site. At the moment I'm in the midst of getting my gear and load out together and having great fun doing so!

But as I said, I'd introduce myself, I'm not exactly a youngster, being mid 40s, but the aches and pains I now suffer are made more than worth while by the good humour and attitude of the sport! I got in to airsoft from taking my 12 year old son in to a local shop and getting my hands on a full metal GBB HK416! I was instantly hooked!!

I have done my time in the military, nearly 23 years and the opportunity for any short of shooting or firearms training in my post Army life is all but non existent! Airsoft seems to offer me my fix! But knowing very little about it, I turned to the web and sites such as this and visiting local stores and sites.

My previous airsoft type experience is almost 20 years ago while serving in Germany and there was a craze of collecting these spring powered BB looky likey guns, which we would use in inter troop firefights, often ambushing colleagues in the showers!! Yes, it did end in tears!!

I think there were a lot of us in the Army who were and still are gear fiends and gun "nuts" (in the best possible sense!) and would love nothing better than to be on exercise, the range or on operations, this sport gives me the chance to still do some of that, have fun and meet like minded individuals!

I have opted to jump in to the GBB camp, I'm sorry but the high cap AEGs, do just seem a little too unrealistic and it it the realism of GBB that is part of the attraction of the sport to me. I can also see myself amassing quite an armoury of GBB guns, purely out of self interest and to collect them, running them out every now and then on game days!! I've also followed the crowd with sheep like predictability and got myself and M4 type platform. I just like the adaptability and user friendliness of it, having only fired it a small number of times while serving, I'm sure my tastes and collection will widen as time goes on!

With regards to kit and loadout, I've been sheep like again, and gone for MTP. This was not quite in service when I left and it seemed to be the answer to all our prayers, in replacing the two sets of everything we already had and it came with the cudos of an SF heritiage. I have an eclectic mix of knee pads, gloves, torches and eye pro, from my service days, I got my MTP very cheap from Patrol Base in Yorkshire and I've ordered an Emerson FAST type helmet, because I think they look cool and I want to stop banging my head on stuff! I've also ordered a Bulldog Mk2 Assault Armour carrier in MTC from UKMC. Based on my service experience I've gone for a deal with lots of pouches I can move around and something that will carry all I need to run with in a game!

Like I said, I'm following the sheep!! Baaaaa!!

It's not really designed to look like anything or anyone, but I guess it will be compared to UKSF/USSF type load outs. It's just gear I like and If I was still serving would be using if i had the option to, call me a gear tart!! lol

I'll add pics as and when I have them.

I'm currently working in London and living in Essex, so If anyone knows of any mid week evening games or anything at the weekend, please give me a shout, it would be great to come along and meet some like minded bods and have a laugh. By the way, it's not me in the profile pic, even though it's my old Regiment, but I just love the horse's crazy expression! I've been there brother!!

I'll close with this for all the grunts out there!!

1656186_681609368548918_1668299348_n.jpg

Haha welcome to the forum mate! Quite a few ex service players around (not myself) so you're in good company :)

• Supporters

Nice to have some more older, more mature, errmmm....40 somethings on board!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.