Airsoftzone Romford

Spatch

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Was off out buying a new car yesterday, heading to Essex so figured I'd go to airsoft zone in romford as I needed some bb's

The shop itself was easy to find, plenty of parking as it was Saturday and the little trading type estate they are on was quiet due to the warehouses being closed

A lovely little shop, tons of rifles on the walls which the staff are happy for you to take off and finger at your leisure, nice amount of accessories and tac gear of the highest quality too

NOTHING is too much trouble for the guys there and I mean NOTHING! Ended up leaving with a G&P viper, G&P M870 short breacher, TM HK45, mags and 90,000 bb's (great bulk buy deals)

Their tech not only tested the M4, shotgun and pistol but showed me that the hops in G&P shotguns are actually adjustable and not fixed, told me that G&P have a habit of using loads of silicone oil on the hops and rubbers which I already knew but took the oe one out of the M4, cleaned it and replaced it with a guarder clear FOC, also made up a short battery lead so I can use all my batts in it FOC then as is was a display model gave discount on the WHOLE deal

I watched him with a newer player take their rifle apart in the showroom to physically show him what was wrong rather than just talking to him like a dick which was a refreshing difference too and the tech (john) has an immense amount of knowledge to give

This was probably the best experience I have ever had in an airsoft retailer, I cannot recommend them enough and it will probably be my only port of call for all things airsoft from this point onwards

Good to hear. Yes Ive also heard good things about them and they are within driving distance of me. PAS are good but driving there and parking is not so easy. I was saying only yesterday how I could do with popping down there for some bits.

Sounds awesome, I'll be heading over there as soon as I can, no doubt to buy bb's and gas and walk out with my wallet considerably lighter!! Doh!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Supporters

Popped in there today and picked up a HK45. The staff were really helpful and even gave me a cleaning rod for my AEGs when I asked if they sold them. They said they didn't but the chap that served me asked their tech if they had any spare, which it turned out they did. Whilst you could argue it is only a couple of quid I think it was a nice touch that they weren't fussed about charging me for it.

The store is fairly small but it seemed to have a decent selection and the HK45 was the cheapest I could find it, at least from the reputable retailers I could think of.

Been there a couple of times now, really helpful and really friendly staff, both when I'm buying a few bits and bobs or if they're using their workshop skills to sort out another of my DIY efforts!!

Can't fault them, thoroughly recommend them!

• 3 weeks later...

I went there for the first time wednesday. Im going to play over dragons lair and they set a shop up over there so thought I would pop in to get my new aeg chrono just to make sure it was ok for sunday. They tested it and it was well in so that was great. I then picked up some other bits while I was there and they even fitted them and set up the gun for me. I cant recommend this place enough. Great people very helpful no matter if your spending £5 or £500 they will take the time to sort you out.

• 8 months later...

They've been nothing short of amazing with me.

Fast replies to emails, proper 2 way communication, long, explanatory emails why they suggest one brand/model over another.

This once they sent me the wrong thing, and they just told me to keep it and sent the right one straight away first class mail.

Really recommend them. I'm waiting for some more cash and the G17 from Tokyo Marui to be back in stock and I'll be hitting the shop and have a chat with them. The old WE vs TM. They said they'd walk me through all the upgrades for the TM in shop.

I like airsoft zone aswell

I bought my first 2 rifles from them when I started out last year, I've had no bad dealings with them so far but very impressed so far

• 1 month later...

I dealt with them online via email via a staff named Marek. He was very helpful, so in fact that he was replying to my email after 9pm!

I bought the cm16 r8 deal pack off of them and they two toned a tan model as they were out of the green and did this very quickly but the rifle arrived within 48hrs. The paint job was brilliant, very professional and they tested the rifle and set it all up before posting it too (incl chrono so I have no worries at going to my first skirmish).

I can't rate these chaps highly enough.

• 1 month later...
  • Supporters

My go to Airsoft shop for most Airsoft related stuff.

Getting there: about 35 mins from where i live so i never order online just turn up and throw money at them

Parking: they have a small (read 3 spaces at most) car park in front of their shop and around the corner is some more

Getting in: Some airsoft shops like Pro Airsoft Suuplies staff have to buzz you in but here even though they have a buzzer 9 out of 10 times the door will be freely open so you can just walk in, i think the buzzer is there in case all staff are working in the warehouse

Shop size and layout: The shop itself is pretty small probably 24 foot by 12 foot in size but space is well used, they have even managed to fit a small changing room out the back, follow this link to have a look inside:

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Airsoft+Zone/@51.583551,0.173606,3a,75y,318.66h,67.08t/data=!3m8!1e1!3m6!1sMFE1L-MClFsAAAQJOGnKAw!2e0!3e2!6s%2F%2Fgeo0.ggpht.com%2Fcbk%3Fcb_client%3Dmaps_sv.tactile%26output%3Dthumbnail%26thumb%3D2%26panoid%3DMFE1L-MClFsAAAQJOGnKAw%26w%3D124%26h%3D75%26yaw%3D15%26pitch%3D0%26thumbfov%3D103%26ll%3D51.583551,0.173606!7i13312!8i6656!4m2!3m1!1s0x0000000000000000:0x8918b27ce0ee10e3!6m1!1e1?hl=en

Stock: Wide variety of stock almost always available, nearly all of what is in stock on the website is also available in store as they seem to aggressively manage their stock numbers so what is sold in the store is reflected on the website, also managed to get some Modify 8mm Ceramic bearings for a decent price.

Staff: As we all know staff can make or break a sale and store, and here the staff can only be described as excellent and superb, quick and willing to help but wont press you for a sale, they are all very knowledgeable in the field of Airsoft so can offer technical advice and if its a harder question the resident techie there can often answer it. They will often do quick tech jobs often without extra payment, will get stuff from the warehouse for you to try even if they know you are not purchasing it, will always test guns and gas mags prior to completing the sale.

They also somewhat have some trust in their customer base, they are happy to leave you on the shop floor alone whilst they get bits and pieces for you from the warehouse unlike Pro Airsoft Supplies where a staff member practically follows you everywhere which i find very unnerving. That said i turn up so often that staff know me by face and name.

Best Experience with them: One Friday I was fixing my G&G MP5 for an upcoming weekend game as it was shooting a low FPS and when i opened it found the gearbox had cracked, as it was one of those blowback ones (and i quite like the blowback on it) i checked their website and found the gearbox shell was in stock, it was about 1720Hrs and they were due to close at 1800Hrs, was driving on the A12 heading towards them and called (using hands free) at 1745Hrs asking if they had the shell which they did and if they close strictly at 1800Hrs which the staff member said they did, i told him of my predicament and he said they he would keep the shop open for me for another 30mins, managed to get their just before 1800Hrs, made the purchase and was very happy with them about that.

I will add that they have a very loyal customer base of which i am a member of, at most Airsoft sites around the Essex area you will always find someone sporting the Airsoft Zone PVC Patch.

Bought my Firehawk last Friday from AirsoftZone also a box of 10 MidCaps...

They tested both LiPo's, the charger, and shot through the magazines to make sure they fed properly with the Firehawk!

Bought my first ever gun (G36C), and they'll keep on taking my money!

The service is absolutely fantastic :)

• 3 weeks later...

I've been back a few times and bought my m&p9 there. When I had a problem with my gas mag I called them up all ready for an argument but was talked through how to fix it.

Top shop top service.

• Head Moderator

Pretty awful website though. Unless I am missing something, there was is no way to sort all the Out of Stock and Discontinued rifles from those that they actually have in stock.

Pretty awful website though. Unless I am missing something, there was is no way to sort all the Out of Stock and Discontinued rifles from those that they actually have in stock.

I agree, it would be nice if you could only search in stock items

Have just given them another order.

They answer my questions promptly and has been said before, just give good customer service.

I had a word about the filtering on their website and they are aware.

They say the website has done its day and they are upgrading/overhauling the user front end soon.

• 3 weeks later...

I have been there too. The lad who served me was fantastic. He did not push for sales and his knowledge and advice was spot on. I will certainly be using them again.

Can also comment on the great customer service here. Ages ago when i had no clue, i took my gun there as it wasnt working (piston stripped). They played with the motor height and then concluded that something stripped and suggested instead of them doing it, i do it myself. They weren't trying to force their services or a sale on you there and just gave friendly helpful advice to someone who really didnt know much about the sport at the time

• 2 months later...
  • Moderators

I take it they still offer excellent service?

Was looking at this....sort of :)

http://airsoftzone.co.uk/gc12-m4-spr-single-shot-420fps-dmr-custom-aeg-gng

Not sure why.....maybe a bit of bling added.....

Fancied a drive to take a look if I need to get kids out at weekend.....not that I can really buy it...yet....and seems no games relly this side of Xmas at moment......never know....

• Moderators

cheers, hopefully it or similar will still be available when I get some time!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.