After a GBB m4

Tango123

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi there,

I am after some advice, I am after a Gas blow back M4, with an open bolt,

I do not play airsoft as of yet, but this is just for use at home in the garden for now,So I understand I need painted another colour at least 51% of the gun,

I wondered what the best make would be?

Budget around £400-£500 ,

I am wanting one that I can upgrade over time,

And I am after a good site to buy from,

Also when I get it painted what is the best colour to go for?

And is this an easy process to reverse if I ever get into airsoft?

Any advice would be great thanks,:)

if you are plinking, get a springer and just see if you enjoy that, then break yourself in with a rental gun and see what you think of skirmishing, beleive it or not many of my mates have come away almost horrorfied after being shot at endlessly buy a 40 year old man with a big fuck off a&k 249 para...

look at a budget, but quality aeg, i got a cm16 raider and pimped the motor etc, threw it around etc until it just conked out last month!

as for ukara, you will need a VALID DEFENCE for buying a rif from a retailer.. but does not exempt you from attaining a rif from a private seller.

best of luck in your adventure into airsoft, go and give them a fist full of bb's!

if you are plinking, get a springer and just see if you enjoy that, then break yourself in with a rental gun and see what you think of skirmishing, beleive it or not many of my mates have come away almost horrorfied after being shot at endlessly buy a 40 year old man with a big f*ck off a&k 249 para...

look at a budget, but quality aeg, i got a cm16 raider and pimped the motor etc, threw it around etc until it just conked out last month!

best of luck in your adventure into airsoft, go and give them a fist full of bb's!

Hi thanks for the reply,

I have had airsofts guns a few years ago, so know what they are like, and really have my heart set on a gar blow back rifle, Not to sure what you mean??as for ukara, you will need a VALID DEFENCE for buying a rif from a retailer.. but does not exempt you from attaining a rif from a private seller.

cheers

• Supporters

Ukara is fine to use when buying from private sellers.

Basically you need to make sure you can prove that you have a valid reason to buy an Airsoft gun, for example being an airsofter, unfortunately playing in your garden won't count so as you say you'll need a two tone. For the money the kwa lm4 is your best option followed by a g&g or WE.

Ukara is fine to use when buying from private sellers.

Basically you need to make sure you can prove that you have a valid reason to buy an Airsoft gun, for example being an airsofter, unfortunately playing in your garden won't count so as you say you'll need a two tone. For the money the kwa lm4 is your best option followed by a g&g or WE.

I have no problem buying a two tone for now,

cool I will take a look at the KWA any good online sites you recommend that stock them?

thanks

To be honest finding one in stock and mags will be hard. Try land warrior and fire support. Check out the pts mega arms mkm too, it's a kwa but in nicer externals.

Thanks I have been looking but unsure which ones seem a good trusted supplier.

Thanks I have been looking but unsure which ones seem a good trusted supplier.

Both of those sites are excellent, a lot of people use them and they are supposed to be very good.

Does anyone know where I can get the pts mega arms mkm online?

Thanks

they do offer a paint service. It costs £25 but if you really want the gun I can imagine you can fork that out. tell me how good it is when you get it, because I like the look of them. I'm not advising you not to buy one, but it will need a lot of maintaining and gas does cost a lot, so be prepared

they do offer a paint service. It costs £25 but if you really want the gun I can imagine you can fork that out. tell me how good it is when you get it, because I like the look of them. I'm not advising you not to buy one, but it will need a lot of maintaining and gas does cost a lot, so be prepared

ah ok I will look thanks, Yeah sure, its to use mostly in the garden along with my other air rifles etc,

And then once If i get into airsofting then, I will see how I get on with it,

If I get it sprayed what parts will they spray and how easy would it be to reverse if I joined up?

cheers

Well, thy have to spray %51 of your gun green.

http://www.landwarriorairsoft.com/upgrade-services-c21/lwa-two-tone-spray-service-rifle-p3496

they will mostly likely spray the stock, sights, and probably the front rail, but I have no idea so don't hold me to it. I heard that a strong air gun will do the job, and I imagine, if it is anything like the zero one airsoft paintjob, it will start coming off from the word go, but as I said, I have never actually used it so don't hold me to it. It seems to be a very expensive and not the best option gun to start off with. I know most people tell you this but honestly, If I were you I would get a G&G cm16 carbine as well. I have one as my first airsoft gun, and they are very easy to maintain, and have good accuracy and fps and rpm etc. Your choice, but if you have the money to spare, it would be a good choice IMO. hope that helps...

• Supporters

I ended up getting into airsoft through the exact avenue you're travelling along right now.

I had air pistols and rifles, I saw a YouTube video showing a WE gas M4 and I just had to have it, so I researched their availability in the UK, discovered airsoft as a means to get one, then went to play 3 games purely so I could buy one in the proper colours.

Once I eventually got my UKARA registration sorted out and bought it, I realised that it was a terrible mistake. I didn't know what I was doing with it and the performance ended up getting gradually worse and worse until I'd spent over £1000 on it and given up on trying to make it work because I was inexperienced. Ended up trading it for an AEG M4 worth a fraction what I paid for the gas rifle.

So I effectively flushed about £750 down the bog.

Based on my experience, I cannot stress this enough - do not buy a gas gun as your window into airsofting, or even for plinking.

If you buy one, it's more the feel of firing it, and the manipulation of the weapon controls that you buy one for. An AEG will outshoot a gas gun 100% of the time in pretty much every regard except perhaps range, and if you're used to air rifles, airsoft guns will seem like the most inaccurate thing imaginable in comparison.

For plinking air guns are much better, airsoft guns are for shooting at people, air guns are for target shooting.

I ended up getting into airsoft through the exact avenue you're travelling along right now.

I had air pistols and rifles, I saw a YouTube video showing a WE gas M4 and I just had to have it, so I researched their availability in the UK, discovered airsoft as a means to get one, then went to play 3 games purely so I could buy one in the proper colours.

Once I eventually got my UKARA registration sorted out and bought it, I realised that it was a terrible mistake. I didn't know what I was doing with it and the performance ended up getting gradually worse and worse until I'd spent over £1000 on it and given up on trying to make it work because I was inexperienced. Ended up trading it for an AEG M4 worth a fraction what I paid for the gas rifle.

Thanks for the replies. to be honest the maintenance on the gas rifles does not bother me at all, as I quite enjoy that side of it,

Are gas guns really that bad?

I am really going to use it for plinking and if I decide to take up airsoft I will invest in a Aeg if needed,

But if I ordered this would it defiantly be a mistake?

cheers

• Supporters

I think it would be, based on what happened to me.

I was up for the maintenance aspect as well, but it's not really like maintaining an air gun or a real gun, you're as much looking for wear on the parts are you are ensuring that they work properly. You really need to understand how every aspect of the gun works, otherwise you won't know what to fix when parts fail, and parts will fail.

At the end of the day, if you have your heart set on a GBB rifle for plinking then go for it, they are undoubtedly more "fun" to use than an AEG, just bear in mind that you will need to invest a lot more time and money in it than an AEG, also reliability is an issue and they don't work well in cold weather. I believe there are CO2 mags available for GBB M4s which would improve operation but I'm not familiar with them tbh.

• Supporters

Thanks for the replies. to be honest the maintenance on the gas rifles does not bother me at all, as I quite enjoy that side of it,

Are gas guns really that bad?

I am really going to use it for plinking and if I decide to take up airsoft I will invest in a Aeg if needed,

But if I ordered this would it defiantly be a mistake?

cheers

It won't be a mistake if you look after it and use the right gas in the winter. For every 10 people that like and have no problem with a gun/type of weapon there are at least a couple who will regale you with horror stories that only they have experienced yet somehow are globally applicable.

The only thing I would add is don't buy a super cheap one (not that any GBBR is "super cheap" but you know what I mean).

Get one, enjoy it, maybe buy an aeg if you decide to start skirmishing.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.