Pro Airsoft Supplies

skeeter
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

As a newbie to airsoft I did my research on here and, taking advantage of a 15% off code a couple of weeks ago, I bought a G&G cm16 carbine in clear. There were a couple of minor probs with the gun out the box but nowt to get upset about ( and not pro airsofts fault I'd say) Once I had bought a battery it was a few days later. Tried the gun and the seldctor was stuck. I phoned Pro Airsoft who gave advice over the phone. Unfortunately, this was also unsuccessful so I ranng again. This wss a Saturday morning. On Monday the gun was collected (arranged by pro airsoft) On Tuesday I got a phone call to say that the gun had been repaired and it would be despatched weds. It is now Friday, the gun is back and is excellent.

I now know why the experienced lads on here recommend this store and rate it so highly. Imho this was excellent service with no quibbles or hiccups. I know where my trade will be going in future.

If any other newbies are reading this save your money and use a reputable company.

• Supporters

Odd that for Pro as they are normally pretty good I've never had a single problem with them not once.

Pro airsoft are a reputable company, you could use that sentence about not using them with someone like Airsoftworld.net or everyone's favourite Justbbguns but not pro they are normally very reliable

Ive used PAS quite a few times for G&G kit and never had any problems with any of the products, so have never had to test their after sales.

As I always say when people rave about their favourite retailers, unless you've had a problem, how do you know how good they are.

Anybody can put a gun in a box and send it out. The men and the boys get separated when they have to deal with a problem.

Have had the pleasure to speak to them on the phone a couple of times. They really go out of their way to help you. I regret to say however I have not yet purchased from them.

• Supporters

They normallt do test their guns before they ship

my ICS has a sticker with date & FPS on it etc.....

which is more comforting than just wrap n ship it

Suppose all companies have the odd problem here n there but you only find out just

how really good they are when things do sometimes not go according to plan.......

For them to collect, repair & return like that I think demonstrates the Pro bit in their name

Deffo gonna continue to do business with these guys - nice to see people taking time out

to let others know good retailers rather than just bitching about bad ones

• 3 months later...

Nice store, just down the road from me and they have a great selection of guns, pretty helpful too I must say, certainly more welcoming than Wolf Armouries.

Decent website too.

Have bought a few bits and bobs in store with no probs but wouldnt feel awkward going back in with a problem

• 5 months later...
  • Supporters

Been to PAS a few times to purchase various bits and bobs though i find that in the past few months they have progressively gotten worse.

Looking at their website nearly every gun is out of stock and requires special ordering, there appears to be nothing that you can walk in, buy and walk out with it.

A mate of mine went their recently to just browse and maybe, probably, most likely buy an AEG but when he spoke to shop staff his impression of them was that he was asking too much when all he wanted was a G&G M4 variant weapon, he told me that the shop is almost empty of weapons or anything for that matter.

Ive started using Airsoft Zone in Romford because PRO started making despatch mistakes and never had the gun I wanted in stock. Easier to park too.

• Supporters

I have been wondering are they slowly winding down at Pro Airsoft....

For the last 6 months they don't seem to have got much stuff actually in stock

and some quickly snapped up offers came & went

Thing is with airsoft like many shops/business the bigger places with big stocks

say Zero One or LWA - they must have $hitloads tide up in their stock/working capital

Suffice to say if business ain't too clever first thing you gotta do is reduce your stock & recover something back

Soz if this seems to be $hit stirring but they deffo got very little to hand in stock according to website

which is a shame if they have hit hard times - my first RIF came from there so I hope they do stick around

No idea.

Everybody says that they want UK shops to survive and hands get thrown up in horror if anybody has the gall to close down an airsoft business, but it seems nearly everybody I talk to buys their airsoft weapons abroad because its cheaper - hello.

Its a British disease it seems.

Sadly that's the way its going :(

British firms, shops etc are being out priced mainly by import duty so its hard to compete

I buy from British shops where ever I can but will admit I go abroad for RIFs only

I dont fully understand that because if the weapon is manufactured outside the EU, it should be liable for import duty and VAT at point of entry, irrespective of whether a UK retailer imports it or an airsofter does.

I have to say, I will for the most part order exclusively from Europe.

I will try to spend cash in the UK where I can, just spent £400 in Socom Tactical on the GHK G5 (Nice guys btw).

However, when it comes to RIFS, for the most part I'd order from Poland:

Bought a well/warrior rifle for abour £70 ish and it arrived in 4 days. Costs double that in the UK and still takes a few days.

Bought a JG SL9 for abour £90, again it arrived in 4 days and saved me about £50.

On top of this they downgraded the spring for free, places like Zeroone charged over £30 to change a spring!

There are probably 101 reasons why shops outside of the UK can sell items cheaper, UK companies are probably bent over when it comes to import taxes etc.

However, the real reason I like ordering abroad is the customer service. Granted some UK companies are very nice and polite, others are utter crap, rude, lie and genuinely don't care about the customer.

• Supporters

Ive started using Airsoft Zone in Romford because PRO started making despatch mistakes and never had the gun I wanted in stock. Easier to park too.

I use Airsoft Zone as often as i can for spares, parts, BBs, Gas etc as they are only down the road from me and the staff are really good there.

That said all my RIFs are UK bought and whilst a little more expensive i have not seen the double price hike and all my RIFs normally arrive next working day (i work shifts so often have week days off :) )

As SittingDuck stated PAS seems to be winding down and sadly i wont be surprised if i see the close up shop for good in a years time.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Supporters

As expected, its looking like PAS is biting the dust soon.

They have suspended their entire catalogue, nothing can be purchased from their online website.

They state that it is all down as they are searching for a new merchant but i am guessing that this is to stall customers whilst they are trying to get themselves together or they'll go bust.

Shame really i prefer having lots of shops to choose from as it widens variety and brings down prices for us, nonetheless they can't compete with overseas retailers prices where most people will go and get their stuff.

Anyways watch this space for their soon bankruptcy announcement (hopefully not) and if they do (hopefully) a closing down sale.

• Supporters

Hard to say what's going on behind the scenes but their stock levels have been iffy for over a year now. Although I think they also list stuff they don't intend on restocking which makes it look even worse.

It would be a shame if they did go under as a lot of people spoke highly of them and they were very friendly when I called asking about HK416 variants ages ago.

All I can say is that it doesnt help spreading rumours. If people are reading this and they decide to divert intended business from them, it could cumulatively send a struggling company over the edge.

Unless you really know that a company is on the verge of going out of business and you believe you have a duty to protect fellow airsofters, please be wary about scaremongering.

It's a real shame, they have some of the best customer service I've experienced within the UK retailers. My last (gun) order from them was delayed by a couple of days because the staff handling it were off sick. I contacted them and the other staff sent it out with 24h delivery and a bundle of freebies, which is much more than a lot of companies have done when my order's been delayed.

• Supporters

All I can say is that it doesnt help spreading rumours. If people are reading this and they decide to divert intended business from them, it could cumulatively send a struggling company over the edge.

Unless you really know that a company is on the verge of going out of business and you believe you have a duty to protect fellow airsofters, please be wary about scaremongering.

Not trying to scaremonger or spread rumour just quoting the facts from their website.

As you say people "divert their business" from them, you cant even buy anything from their website so can't even do business with them even if you wanted to.

Furthermore a friend of mine went there on Saturday and in his words not mine that they had almost nothing, now i dont know if he means nothing on the walls (ie dsiplayed) or nothing that he was after, nonetheless i took his words with a pinch of salt and i want to pop down their myself at some point to try and get some stuff and see for myself.

• Supporters

I dont fully understand that because if the weapon is manufactured outside the EU, it should be liable for import duty and VAT at point of entry, irrespective of whether a UK retailer imports it or an airsofter does.

Because it's still often cheaper than buying from the UK whether you get caught by customs or not. It's not a 'British disease' it's common sense to save money when and where you can.

Well the website still has the problem, Their gun tech advised that its still a problem with their merchant provider. He has said they are even more frustrated with the problem and apologises for any inconvenience etc.

They have been having stock issues for a while now. It is annoying because simple things are not available in store, and the gun selection in store is pretty poor.

I do hope they ride it out and come out the other side, but I have had to spend a fair bit elsewhere as they just cant get the stock in :(

Archived