The cheapest airsoft "milsim" loadout...

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

so been thinking, now that i have completed my a levels and am a man of leisure.. of a new loadout that can be succesful and not be gun specific...

in light of curent on going global conflicts in the middle east and more urgently the Ukraine, has anyone felt the urge to throw on whatever and fight against assad or the Pro russian separatists at their local air soft sight?

i've seen chaps in syria running with all sorts, slr's lots ( and lots) of kalashnikovs, m4's m1898's, you name it!

ukraine looks fun, saw a whole platoon (well bunch of pro russia crimea mercs on an apc) head to toe in c95 brit kit! (i suspect the mod is up to it's old tricks *cough musjahadeen and stinger missiles-i'm joking) but they had desert ops vests from iraq, which was worrying...

so has anyone fancied it? tempted to grab a chicom chest rig and a shemagh with some mix match camo for a syrian fighter look!

this post is not at all serious, so any of the milsim warlords don't get hormonal with me! post-5939-0-68049400-1403255914_thumb.jpgpost-5939-0-50744300-1403255922_thumb.jpg

Just finishing one off myself :) I don't want to reveal full details yet until I have pics which won't be until I get the AK body from my gf who lives about 80 miles away, but my pro russian kit/ GRU Spetsnaz will cost less than £200 including camo and mags, gun and the lot :D It took time though!

You can do these loadouts pretty cheaply because all their kits is most likely scavenged, donated or bought cheaply! My Chicom rig only cost £11 posted from China :P

The reason they are wearing DPM is beacause there is such a large surplus of it and so it is cheap and easy to buy in bulk. It could even be Russian made, nearly every 'western' camo has been copied and manufactured in Russia for various situations for all their different units.

Its always a difficult balancing act to walk the tightrope of trying to be realistic and at the same time, not appearing to belittle or be insensitive to current and very real conflicts.

Some of the suffering that is shown on Facebook of the fighting in Syria and the Ukraine in the name of entertainment is quite sickening.

However, I think the role of "rebel" or "freedom fighter" is quite an interesting one in milsims.

Its interesting that a lot of players want to be multicammed up to the nines, with fewer being interested in a more asymmetric role.

Partisans, resistance etc have always been the core of many wars and their bravery and self sacrifice legendary.

We are currently due to run a milsim just off the M25 in September which is currently following a fictional eastern bloc government vs rebels storyline. To answer your question, its very cheap to achieve the rebels loadout and I think its fun as you don't have to conform in the stereotypes of regular soldiers. Limited only by imagination.

There are lots of opportunities in that game for the rebels to plan assassinations and generally hassle the government side with booby traps, ambushes and explosions, Personally, seems like a much more fun role to me.

First off I love that second picture you posted, there's some real character showing through it. I wouldn't mind knowing who took it/ where it was taken.I love the gear they're wearing aswell, it looks military without being over the top and looks practical but doesn't instantly scream freedom fighter to me.

I'm really in to these type of loadouts and they don't have to be specifically Ukraine- look for pictures from Bosnia, Serbia, Somalia etc and you'll find shots of people using different weapons and whatever camo they can get their hands on or just using the clothes on their back.In airsoft it's a really thin line to walk between looking like a rebel and looking like somebody who's turned up to their first skirmish in jeans, a hoody and a rental AK so you just need to throw in a few finishing touches to make sure you look the part. I'm looking at 58 pattern webbing for something similar I'm throwing together as it's something you can pick up cheaply and easily, it's practical and multi-functional which is what this type of setup should be about.

Just googled ukraine rebels!, as far as im aware, the chap has a british army ops vest, but i does look like the rubbish molle varient they used before the opsrey mk2... (not a very good molle system sorry brit fans) but i agree, its just fun! my British army infantry kit is all mtp, and i love it, but i cant afford an sa 80 to finish the job, and this can help you stand out from all the multi spam fast helmet "operators"...

was looking at some 58 pattern, but it's not much use to me as i want something tougher and more modular like plce, plus mag pouches for the m4 are great.

Theres a Chinese seller on Ebay called WW2 and they do some brilliant Chinese PLA kit including the webbing.

Can you post a link searched ebay but no joy.

Sorry try ww2uk

Found it. You can never have too many Chinese ebay sellers bookmarked :)

• Supporters

Those photos ain't Syria! Those look more like Clacton-On-Sea to me!

so been thinking, now that i have completed my a levels and am a man of leisure.. of a new loadout that can be succesful and not be gun specific...

in light of curent on going global conflicts in the middle east and more urgently the Ukraine, has anyone felt the urge to throw on whatever and fight against assad or the Pro russian separatists at their local air soft sight?

i've seen chaps in syria running with all sorts, slr's lots ( and lots) of kalashnikovs, m4's m1898's, you name it!

ukraine looks fun, saw a whole platoon (well bunch of pro russia crimea mercs on an apc) head to toe in c95 brit kit! (i suspect the mod is up to it's old tricks *cough musjahadeen and stinger missiles-i'm joking) but they had desert ops vests from iraq, which was worrying...

so has anyone fancied it? tempted to grab a chicom chest rig and a shemagh with some mix match camo for a syrian fighter look!

this post is not at all serious, so any of the milsim warlords don't get hormonal with me! attachicon.gifslr syria.jpgattachicon.gifkramatorsk04e.jpg

[quote name="alwaysontheoffensive" post="152001" timestamp="140329258

was looking at some 58 pattern, but it's not much use to me as i want something tougher and more modular like plce, plus mag pouches for the m4 are great.

How about US M56 Nam era webbing?

i cant afford an sa 80 to finish the job, and this can help you stand out from all the multi spam fast helmet "operators"...

Why not use an M4. I know that several of the guys in theatre use these, especially agency bods

i wouldn't mind popping over to syria, grabbing loads of webbing etc and coming back!!

I hear they have a load of STG44's in use over there. Grab one and sell it and you will be able to buy all the webbing you could ever dream of.

They are WW2 relics and worth a fortune. If they had sold them rather than use them, they could afford some serious firepower.

I hear they have a load of STG44's in use over there. Grab one and sell it and you will be able to buy all the webbing you could ever dream of.

They are WW2 relics and worth a fortune. If they had sold them rather than use them, they could afford some serious firepower.

Some of these rebels were originally doctors and engineers, some with degrees. You'd think they'd have done that! :P

Agreed, the rebel force in the milsim could do with four such freedom fighters to take on the dictator and his fascist army !

Meh, you need this motley cru...IMG-20140617-WA0005_zpsm6bk7x8p.jpg

And a tacticool dog.IMG_186040568838320_zpswrrz6sm8.jpeg

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.