Accumulating some Tiger Stripe

Hav0c

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Afternoon lads,

As I'm putting together a 'Nam MACV-SOG/LRRP Impression, I was thinking Tiger Stripe to be my best bet camo-wise.

BUT. I'm not sure which to get as I know some qualities vary.

However, I've went on the Tiger Stripe Products website and seen, on there, the Tru-Spec Tiger Stripes.

So after a quick Google search I found them in stock by a seller on eBay for a fairly decent price, but I also saw that Propper Tiger Stripe's were in stock too, so which one's do I go for on here?

Tru-Spec:

Shirt - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/271515729392?limghlpsr=true&hlpv=2&ops=true&viphx=1&hlpht=true&lpid=108&device=c&adtype=pla&crdt=0&ff3=1&ff11=ICEP3.0.0&ff12=67&ff13=80&ff14=108

Trousers - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TRU-SPEC-MILITARY-TROUSERS-VIETNAM-TIGER-STRIPE-CAMO-SIZE-MED-LONG-UK-SELLER-/201109816865?pt=UK_Collectables_Militaria_LE&hash=item2ed3144621

Propper: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vietnam-Special-Forces-Tiger-Stripe-BDU-Ripstop-Genuine-Gear-Propper-/271515729391?var=570349316700&_trksid=p2054897.l5663

Cheers for any help.

Propper are mil-spec quality as well so I'd say they're the best to get (since it's the cheapest option)

Only thing I'd want to know is if they are likely to fade like the Propper A-TACS FG.

AFAIK A-TACS FG is the only Propper pattern which has a fading problem and others have been okay.

Personally I'd go for the propper since it saves you a bit and both look to be near enough the same quality (from reading the descriptions/looking at photos).

£7 is very low postage from the US though. I'd double check if it includes any customs charges you may incur (some sellers do this through a third party).

i have true spec and propper in my collections both are good...i think the propper lasts a bit longer in my mind but the true spec feels more comfortable

Is there any difference in quality of the pattern? As in, does one look slightly better than the other.

i just got a set of ripstop ones last week. material seamed good, but the stitching started giving up after the first skirmish...something to be aware of but it could just be i got a dodgy one and have sent it back for a replacement...

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.